Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:56:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 90 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  End Times, How Close?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: End Times, How Close?  (Read 26949 times)
wciappetta

Roots

« on: August 09, 2004, 04:35:13 AM »

The apostles believed and were expecting the return of Jesus so I guess you could say they believed that the end times were for them, however they didn't have complete understanding and neither do I. Truly every generation of true believers have expected the return of Jesus to the earth to set up his Kingdom and Jesus says this is the proper attitude to have. Jesus declares that we should be ready and expecting his return.  However, there are specific details in "Bible Prophecy" that would be in place just before his return. The details are in place now.  

I would like to point out some of these details.

http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/jammin/end_times.htm
Yeefon_Abena_Mawus

Roots

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 09:56:28 AM »

Hotep - Greetings to you

I would like to direct you to http://www.blackliberationradio.com  since it is obvious you have some questions based on a Christian Perspective.  This former minister can probably speak from and with a tone that might be palatable to you.  One of the reasons you may have the questions you have is because something inside of you honestly isn't setting well, however, you are looking to validate something that cannot be validated.  The test of true science is to explore and be able to accept the result although it may not be what you thought it should be.

I was rasied a very conservative Seventh Day Adventist Christian, for which I am grateful, since my thourough study of the Holy Bible is what propelled me in the direction of question asking.  your God doesn't mind your asking questions, it shows a genuine interest in her/his way.  However, you cannot find your answers in the writtings of the opporessors.  Think about it.  Be introspective, look deep into your foundational teachings.  Then...put them aside a second and look with open eyes into history, not trying to prove anything, just searching.  Your ancestors will guide you. - if you let them...(and sometimes even if you don't)

Be well,

Yeefona abena Mawusi
out_of_Zion

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 09:44:10 PM »

1  My son, if you will receive my sayings and treasure up my own commandments with yourself, 2  so as to pay attention to wisdom with your ear, that you may incline your heart to discernment; 3  if, moreover, you call out for understanding itself and you give forth your voice for discernment itself, 4  if you keep seeking for it as for silver, and as for hid treasures you keep searching for it, 5  in that case you will understand the fear of Jehovah, and you will find the very knowledge of God. 6  For Jehovah himself gives wisdom; out of his mouth there are knowledge and discernment. 7  And for the upright ones he will treasure up practical wisdom; for those walking in integrity he is a shield, 8  by observing the paths of judgment, and he will guard the very way of his loyal ones. 9  In that case you will understand righteousness and judgment and uprightness, the entire course of what is good.

-Proverbs 2:1-9
----

Yeefon,

why did you forsake the Bible?  why did not ya find a version less corrupt that is in a purer language.  I use one that is translated directly from the orginal languages into modern english so I do not lose the original meanings through the obscure intentions of those that altered the words in the Latin translation that lay the groundwork for many english translations.
----

wciappetta,

I will touch on the end times prophecies later when I have more time tomorrow.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Yeefon_Abena_Mawus

Roots

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 06:16:56 AM »

Out of Zion

I feel the genuine love in your question of "how did I forsake the Bible", why didn't I find purer translations.  With the same Love I answer you.  I DID!

As previously mentioned, Iam so HAPPY and BLESSED for my strict Biblical adherance and teachings.  THAT IS WHAT LED ME TO TRUTH.  My spirit has never been changed.  I have ALWAYS had an extremely close personal relaiton with the DIVINE,and it's importance was so overwhelmingly crucial to me...that I had to at least follow the mind given me of the Divine One Creator and utilize it to wade through the rubbish.

Turn my back on the BIBLE?  The book used to manipulate societies since it's inception?  Becasue it was difficult didn't mean I couldn't see the forest for the trees.   When one recognizes the amount of Bible error (and trust me..I did the whole back to the beggining script thing...hey that was my first trek - back to Amaraic, Hebrew Text, Arabic Text - I READ ALL OF THEM! in the original languages -still so much folly and theivery from texts that date back further), one CANNOT in good conscience ignore what is obvious theivery, forgery, manipulations of the texts.  One insults his/her "GOD" that he/she doesn't have the ability to be clear.  Come on...you want to serve a god that tricks you that way.  Let's be for real.

You have never seen me on this site tell anyone whom they should serve, it is not for me to do.  I will tell you this....when I was a Christian...I was led by the Divine..when I was a Jew...I was led by the Divine....when I was a Muslim...I was led by the Divine, as a practitioner of African Traditional Religion...I am led by the Divine...to be honest..through all of it..Nothing has changed but esoteric knowledge.   Each of those camps were "simply schools of thought", they wre learning grounds - nothing wrong with that.  It's just like individuals who attend Sunday Services and says the Bible says it's so...cause...of the resurrection...or soemthign like that.  If you are a student of the Bible you KNOW you cannot validate Sunday worship from the Bible...Just like you can't validate praying to Jesus..but people do it everyday..and oh yeah..the Trinity..how does that go again?  Although of course...you know both current translations and the earliest indicate that Jesus was brought forth at a specific time (read the beginning of Hebrews)..but I though he always was..form the beginning..created for the prupsoe of salvation...

What individuals fail to realize is...if you've got to find it in the book..you are still missing the point.  Ya see...each of those schools of thought are just that...schools of thought.  Do you think that you cannot be connected to the source without reading ANY books or having ANY outside knowledge?

Any answer other than yes,  indicates ones obvious lack of understanding of the CREATOR for the CREATOR is within you. The only place the Divine can be found is in yourself. Why is it we need to read of anothers experiences and visions (which is what the Bible is in many instances--one prophets or prohetess' experience with the DIVINE)--HAVE YOUR OWN!

Remember your Bible says God is no respector of persons.  There is nothing that occured in your Bible that you or I have the capabilities of..You place these individuals (real and made up) on a plane unachievable to the masses today.  The teachings of Grace has hurt so many.  Your Bible admonished "Be ye perfect as my Father is Perfect".  Why would Jesus suggest to people to do something that they couldn't do?  Why did God send his son to be an example if he had extra divinity?  Why did he choose the way of death for his son, in a manner people were afraid of, that was common way of death, for many--Crucifiction was nothing special....that was the way people were KILLED.  For goodness sakes.  

How many perfect people do you know?  Probably none...Why?..cause they're all living on Grace and not living up to the standard in which they should hav have obvious ability...through their Christ of course..which they obivously don't believe...cause...they just ain't doing it.  Hey you asked about this I'm just telling you.

If ones and ones must use a book to validate their connection to the Divine --well...there's not much I can say..what i can say...is I didn't turn my back on the Bible...it failed me...and I went to search for at least truth of where it all began.  The Bible was my roadmap to truth.  Ase'

I could go on....but...I think you get the picture.
Much Love
Yeefon Abena Gu Merkaba Mawusi

Yeefon_Abena_Mawus

Roots

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 06:26:08 AM »

Sorry..one more thing...
why did not ya find a version less corrupt that is in a purer language.  I use one that is translated directly from the orginal languages into modern english so I do not lose the original meanings through the obscure intentions of those that altered the words in the

Out of Zion...a version that is less corrupt?..why would one want to use anything that is corrupt at all?  That is what your God leaves you to--to gain access to him through corrupt material....think about it.   One must learn to communicate with the Divine for theirselves...there would be no curruption in that. Cheesy  would there be?

Yeefon
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 06:34:44 AM »

Beginning and End go HAND in HAND.LIFE is a Circle of Perfection,NEVER in a straight line of "redemption",for the will of the ALL is for Iveryone to purify thereselves Itinually.JUDGEMENT DAY is never a "one-day" thing like ones have been taught to fear,but Judgement day is EVERYDAY,also,ones die,they get judged at a different time than others,just Logic ya know.

Enter into this House,sons and dawtas of Ra-sta
your works will be weighed and then InI will go
to Higher Heights!
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 07:17:57 AM »

Sorry..one more thing...
why did not ya find a version less corrupt that is in a purer language.  I use one that is translated directly from the orginal languages into modern english so I do not lose the original meanings through the obscure intentions of those that altered the words in the

Out of Zion...a version that is less corrupt?..why would one want to use anything that is corrupt at all?  That is what your God leaves you to--to gain access to him through corrupt material....think about it.   One must learn to communicate with the Divine for theirselves...there would be no curruption in that. Cheesy  would there be?

Yeefon

And if one must use a book(although I definately agree with what Yeefon has stated about experiencing the divine for tourself)....Why not go to the origional African/Kemetic teachings that the Bible borrowed/stole and simultaneousely warped the majority of it's teachings from? The Egyptian Book of Coming Forth by Day(The Egyptian Book of the Dead)?

Forward to a united Africa!
out_of_Zion

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 01:49:45 PM »

Yeefon,

Thanks for the well thought out reply...

Let me address the points on a one - by - one basis.

What individuals fail to realize is...if you've got to find it in the book..you are still missing the point.  Ya see...each of those schools of thought are just that...schools of thought.  

Surely you remember Yeshua saying:

"Go in through the narrow gate, because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped is the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it."

So you see the Christ clearly showed in HIS teachings that there was only one way to salvation.  From a truly Christian standpoint (not a Universal Salvation standpoint), one can only accept one form of reaching the Almighty El Gibbohr.  Christ also said in Jn 14:6 that "NO ONE can come to the Father except through [him]."  So INI do disagree with ya here in that I believe if one does know The Way of true Christianity and forsakes it, he has entered the road leading off into destruction (not hell, but Ga'henna, destruction).

and oh yeah..the Trinity..how does that go again?

ask someone in Christendom; I don't follow pagan teachings.  It wasn't taught by the Christ and the word "trinity" appears no where in the sacred scriptures, therefore I have no need for such a teaching.

"Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.  -Duet 6:4

Se'lah.

Although of course...you know both current translations and the earliest indicate that Jesus was brought forth at a specific time (read the beginning of Hebrews)..but I though he always was..form the beginning..created for the prupsoe of salvation...

How could he be an "only begotten son" (jn 3:16, jn 1:18, 1 jn 4:9) if he was never begat?  Christ had a beginning when JAH first created him as spirit creature, the Archangel Michael, his pre-earth title and name.

Your Bible admonished "Be ye perfect as my Father is Perfect".  Why would Jesus suggest to people to do something that they couldn't do?

I believe you are quoting Matthew 5:42 here, but you are quoting it out of context and not understanding what Jesus Christ meant here.  Read the verses above it, he means we must be "pefect" as respects out love and to love our enemies as our brothers, as God himself loves everyone, even making it "rain and shine upon the wicked."

How many perfect people do you know?  Probably none...Why?..cause they're all living on Grace and not living up to the standard in which they should hav have obvious ability...through their Christ of course..which they obivously don't believe...cause...they just ain't doing it.  

I'm missing your point here, sorry.  Are you saying that relying on the saving grace of Christ impedes a person's potential?  

Or are saying that they have "[turned] the undeserved kindness (grace) of our God into an excuse for loose conduct and [prove] false to our only owner and Lord Jesus Christ" (Jude 4)?  In that case, I agree.  People use the grace of JAH's ransom provision too loosely as an excuse not to try their hardest not to sin.  This has been a problem since the apostles' time.

== As for the translation issue, I have full confidence that between using the Greek scriptures in their original form and using The New World Translation, I am getting a good handle on the Bible the way it was intended to be read.  I understand many believe the Bible is filched from earlier sources, but that's simply not possible when it begins with the beginning of mankind and the Earth.  Similarities are bound to exist between the truth...I've tred this discussion over before, Oshun_Auset.  And I don't trust the book of the dead because of the demonic overtones throughout Ancient Egypt and the fact that Jehovah condemned them with the ten plagues.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 03:24:04 PM »

== As for the translation issue, I have full confidence that between using the Greek scriptures in their original form and using The New World Translation, I am getting a good handle on the Bible the way it was intended to be read.  I understand many believe the Bible is filched from earlier sources, but that's simply not possible when it begins with the beginning of mankind and the Earth.  Similarities are bound to exist between the truth...I've tred this discussion over before, Oshun_Auset.  And I don't trust the book of the dead because of the demonic overtones throughout Ancient Egypt and the fact that Jehovah condemned them with the ten plagues.

I understand I can bring a horse to water but I can't make him drink....but come on Out of Zion!

The Book of coming Forth by day...coming forth... as in the process of resurection and/or rebirth, sound familiar?...(Book of the Dead is what imperialist invaders and tomb robbers called it when they stole it from the "dead's" hands in Egypt)...was witten MILENNIA prior to the Bible stories! The Bible was WRITTEN DOWN, just like any other holy book of a people, at a specific time in history....a time much later than this book...and NOT at the beginning of human history!  There were people and cultures around BEFORE the BIBLE! And those people and cultures largely were in AFRICA! It is no coincidence the stories of OLDER civilizations are so close to the NEWER ones WRITTEN DOWN/Plagerized in the BIBLE in areas that the BIBLE stories just so happen to have taken place! I don't understand your logic or lack thereof on this. Every Bible scholar admits that the Bible borrowed from older sources that pre-date it...You on the other hand aren't trusting an earlier source because the later one(the Bible), that copied from THE EARLIER, calls the earlier one demonic? What people steal culture form another people and has something good to say abot the victims? That is circular logic and just plain doesn't make sense!  Are you saying the Bible is the oldest Book known to mankind and had all of these teachings first and other civilizations copied from it? Since every historical fact and research done on human hitory says the complete opposite,  Please explain this to me. And I'm going to tred this discussion every time anyone(so don't take it personally) posts stuff that doesn't make sense and takes credit away from my African ancestors who founded the Kemetic/Nile Valley/Great Lakes spiritual systems that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, borrowed/copied from so heavily. You can run from the truth and historical facts being exposed on this site that capitalism and eurocentric religious worldviews and white supremacist education has warped to serve it's evil purpose if you want to..That's what the Euro-Christian colinizers want us to do...label everyone else demonic...including our own ancestors....including the foundations of their own spiritual systems...so credit won't be given where it is due...And they continue to have the religious excuse they needed to colonize and enslave intact...They don't want us to use our brains and study history and the facts...especially our own. they just want us to go off of blind faith. Don't fall for their tricks

Yeefon_Abena_Mawus

Roots

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 03:34:45 PM »

Blessed Greetings to you...

I,  unlike you will not speak point to point...to me  ( no suprierority intended) it is fruitless.  I understand each of your points...I used to teach a few of them.   That is, until such time as I used other documents to disprove what I had been brainwashed to beLIEve.

That being said, I could give you the myriad of Bible contraditictions...that will not help the situation.  I could refer to many posts...one in particular by Bantu-Kelani on Jun 16 2003 - Religious trickery (Racism tied to Religion) - that will probably not do any good....so I will leave you with this.  The Bible states..in the beginning was the word...as I recall from my Christian Experience - the Word is called God..(jesus) - let's face it..was he at the beginning or not.  don't bother answer...I understand all the this's and that's.

If you choose to want to get yoru Salvation from someone who stole your documents, burned them and made it their own...well...I have nothing to say to that.  The mere fact that you would take the Greek and New World Scriptures (translations of mistranslations) is beyond me..but again..your choice all the way.  

Let me tell you one thing though....all, and I do mean ALL that I  have come to know...came FIRST through asking the DIVINE Creator for me--Mawu-Lisa is the name...but I questioned Jehovah..for that is all I knew...I never once read ANYTHING, before it was FIRST revelaed to me personally.  SO, that being said..perhaps if your heart is pure - "Jesus" will lead you.  If you honestly don't believe that the stories of the made up Adam and Eve were from the Sumerians, which existed long before the creators of the Adam and Eve Story...I will take my leave of this conversation.  

Certianly in no angry way.  You only use the Bible to defend...if I've told you...proved to you...offered you 100's of other documents of repected scholars in support of the virtual possible if not probable non-existence of this Christ...well...

Do you realze that NO OTHER writer during the time period of "Jesus" wrote about him, except perhpas one sentence or so by Plato (if I'm not mistaken - I will recheck) - Isn't that a bit odd..that NO OTHER HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS DOCUMENT HIS EXISTENCE EXCEPT FOR ONE>>>>COUNT IT ONE SENTENCE.....Think about it!
"Anything that you are going to challenge,you must first know about it, so as to be able to defeat it.  The moment you are ignorant about anything the person who has the intellgience of that thing will defeat you.  Therefore, get knowledge, get it quickly, get it studiously, but get it anyway."  "You can only make the best out of life by knowing and understanding it.  To know, you must fall back on the intelligence of others whoc ame before you and have left their records (none except the apostles spoke of Jesus - and who were they exactly) behind.  No one left any records behind about Jesus, other than the ones placed in that plaugerized boook.
Both quotes by the Honorable Marcus Garvey

One last quote by MalcomX
"It's just like when you've got soem coffee that's too black (the original texts), which means it's too strong.  What do you do?  You integrate it with cream (the lies), you make it weak.  But if you pour too much cream in it, you won't even know you ever had coffee.  It used to be hot, it becomes cool.  It used to be strong (truth), it becomes weak.  It used to wake you up, now it puts you to sleep."

One Love
Yeefon Abena Gu Merkaba Mawusi

In the words of Nana Kwabena Faheem Ashanti - "Christianity is a wonderful religion--for White people"!  
Ase' Ase' Ase'
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 03:43:23 PM »

Unlike Yeefon, whose calm manner I respect very much, I will, and do come in anger. Righteous anger for the stolen legacy of our African ancestors...give credit where credit is due...

X is the monogram for Jesus and the Christs (plural). X=10, the number of divinity, perfection, completeness, and of the deity called Yahweh. In ancient African cultures like Cush and Egypt, the Africans developed what is known as the Chi-Rho (handled or sword cross). This cross is X. One of the bars of this cross has a loop on it to represent a sword with a handle. This is the symbol of the African Deity known as Harpocrates and Chr-Amon (Heru). This god of light was crucified, rose from the dead, and destroyed the forces of evil.

In the second century B.C. the Greeks borrowed this cross from the Africans, calling Harpocrates (Heru)= Hero-Horus-Heracles (Hercules). Shortly thereafter the same Deity was named by the Greeks Xpnc (Chres) or Lord, Chrestos, and Christ. Many European scholars (including Christian scholars) have identified Heracles/Hercules as none other than an emblem of Jesus Christ. This reveals the African origin of the word, Christ. Bear in mind that the names Heracles, Hercules, Hero, Christ, and Messiah are also titles directly derived from the word HERU which is of African origin. The Greek title Christ, is derived frm the Egypto-African word KARAST. KRISTOS or CHRISTOS is the KRST (KARAST). Karast is a person who is anointed as a Heru (Hero) during their lifetime,when they are deceased they receive a great honor as a KRST or AUSAR (Osiris). Their bodies are anointed with spices, oils, and resins to preserve the body. The body is wrapped in bandages, placed in a coffin, the coffin is placed upright to symbolize resurrection. African people believed that the Herus (Heroes) or Krsts (Christs) would rise again to save the world as fully divine beings. "He has risen." The Afro-Asians (Hebrews, Jews, Black Semites) brought this tradition out of Egypt. Jesus was called the Christ, the Messiah; temporal kingly titles that came from "Karast" and "Messu", the Egyptian titles for Yusir, Heru and Thoth.

Mo fi sin Eggun!(I do it in the service of my ancestors)

Yeefon_Abena_Mawus

Roots

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 04:27:16 PM »

A Queen always needs a MIGHTY Scholarly warrior in her camp to her nations mgihty defense Embarrassed
Ase Oshun Auset

I did come back to calarify one thing..of course I was incorrect -  wasn't Plato it was Tacitus who wrote of Jesus in his writings..and scholars collectively believe it was placed AFTER the fact..."The sparse notices of Jesus from pagan or Jewish writers are too late in their dates of origin to be accepted as evidence independent of Christian tradition. Tacitus, for instance, merely repeated in the second century what Christians already believed about Christ. The references to Jesus in the Talmud also date only from the beginning of the second century. 2 There are admittedly two passages about him in the first-century Jewish historian Josephus. But no one can accept the glowing paragraph that is the longer of these two as from the hand of this orthodox Jew, and it has to be regarded as being at best a Christian reworking of a passage original ly hostile to Jesus. I have argued elsewhere that the whole, as it stands, is foreign to the context in which it occurs and must therefore be set aside. JESUS IN HISTORY AND MYTH
edited by R. Joseph Hoffmann and Gerald A. Larue Prometheus Books can be found at:http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=65844020

How do we know that the Gospel story is true? Because it confirms the prophecies of the Old Testament. But how do we know the Old Testament prophecies are true? Because they are confirmed by the Gospel story. Evidence, so called, is bounced back and forth between the testaments like a tennis ball; and no other evidence is given us. The two testaments form a double mirror, each reflecting the other but neither the world outside.

I rest from this!
Ase'
Yeefon
preach

Roots

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 12:46:44 PM »

A wonderful book for those who haven't already read it is Yosef Ben-Jochannan's, African Origins of the Major "Western Religions."

love
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: