Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:02:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 139 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Reasoning on the Laws of Nature
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reasoning on the Laws of Nature  (Read 18830 times)
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« on: November 22, 2004, 07:26:45 PM »

This is by Banus the Essene Nazarite Reasoning with Josephus.All Nazarite,Rasta and Essene come Forth!these Laws are for ALL walks of life and are NOT partial!

Josephus: What is the law of nature?
Banus: It is the constant and regular order of events, by which the Creator governs the universe; as an order which Their wisdom represents to the senses and reason of humans, as an equal and common rule for their actions, to guide them, without distinction of race or religion, towards perfection and happiness.
Josephus: Give a clear definition of the word law?
Banus: An order or prohibition to act, with the express clause of a penalty attached to the infraction, or of a recompense attached to the observance of that order.
Josephus: Does such order exist in nature?
Banus: Yes.
Josephus: What do the words nature and cosmos signify?
Banus: The word nature bears three different signification’s.
1.It signifies the universe, the cosmos, the material world: in this first sense we say the beauties of nature, the riches of nature, that is to say, the objects in the heavens and on the earth exposed to our site; 2.It signifies the power that animates, that moves the universe, considering it as a distinct being, such as the soul is to the body; in this second sense we say, "The intentions of nature, the secrets fo the universe." 3. It signifies the partial operations of that power on each being, or on each category of beings; and in this third sense we say: "The nature of humanity is an enigma; every being acts according to its nature. Wherefore, as the actions of each being, or of each species of beings, are subject to constant and general rules, which cannot be infringed without interrupting and troubling the general or particular order, those rules of action and of motion are called natural laws or cosmic laws.
Josephus: Give me examples of those laws.
Banus: It is a law of nature that the sun illuminates successively the surface of the terrestrial globe; - that its presence causes both light and heat; - that heat acting upon water, produces vapors; - that those vapors rising in clouds into the regions of air, dissolve into rain or snow, and renew instantly the waters of fountains and rivers. It is a law of nature that water flows downwards; that it endeavors to find it's level; that it is heavier than air; that all bodies tend toward the earth; that flame ascends towards the heavens; - that it disorganizes vegetables and animals; that air is essential to the life, etc. Wherefore, as all those and similar facts are immutable, constant and regular, so many real orders result from them for humanity to conform themselves to, with express clause of punishment attending the infraction of them, or for welfare attending their observance. So that if humanity pretends to see clearly in darkness, if one goes in contradiction to the course of seasons, or the action of the elements; if he pretends to remain underwater without being drowned, to touch fire without burning oneself, to deprive oneself of air without being suffocated, to swallow poison without destroying oneself, one receives from each of these fractions of the law a corporeal punishment proportional to ones fault; but if, on the contrary, one observes and practices each of those laws according to the regular and exact relations they have to one, one preserves ones existence and renders it as happy as it can be: and as the only and common end of all these laws, considered relatively to mankind, is to preserve, and render them happy, it has been agreed upon to reduce the idea to one simple expression, and to call them collectively the natural and cosmic laws.
Joseph: what are the essentials of the natural and cosmic laws?
Banus: There can be assigned ten principal ones.
Josephus: Which is the first?
Banus: To be inherent to the existence of things, and consequently, primitive and anterior to every other law: so that all those that humanity has received, are only limitations of it, and there perfection is ascertained by the resemblance they bear to this primordial model.
Josephus: Which is the second?
Banus: To be derived immediately from the Creator, and presented by Them to each one, where as all other laws are presented to us by humans, who may be either deceived or deceivers.
Josephus: Which is the third?
Banus: To be common to all times, and to all countries, that is to say, one and universal.
Josephus: Is no other law universal?
Banus: No: for no other is agreeable or acceptable to all the people of the earth; they are all local and accidental, originating from circumstances of places and of persons; so that if such a person had not existed, or such an event happened, such a law would never have been enacted.
Josephus: Which is the fourth essential?
Banus: To be uniform and invariable.
Josephus: Is no other law uniform and invariable?
Banus: No: for what is good and virtue according to one, is evil and vice according to another; and what one and the same law approves of at one time, it often condemns at another.
Josephus: Which is the fifth essential.
Banus: To be evident and palpable, because it consists entirely of facts incessantly present to the senses, and to demonstration.
Josephus: Are not other laws evident?
Banus: No: for they are founded on past and doubtful facts, on equivocal and suspicious testimonies, and on proofs inaccessible to the senses.
Josephus: Which is the sixth essential?
Banus: To be reasonable, because its precepts and entire doctrine are conformable to reason, and to the human understanding.
Josephus: Is no other law reasonable?
Banus: No: for all are in contradiction to reason and the understanding of humans, and tyrannically impose on one a blind and impracticable belief.
Josephus: Which is the seventh essential?
Banus: To be just, because in that law, the penalties are proportionate to the infractions.
Josephus: Are not other laws just?
Banus: No: for they often exceed bounds, either in rewarding deserts, or in punishing delinquencies, and consider as meritorious or criminal, null or indifferent actions.
Josephus: Which is the eighth essential?
Banus: To be pacific and tolerant, because in the law of nature, all humans being siblings and equal in rights, it recommends to them only peace and toleration, even for errors.
Josephus: Are not other laws pacific?
Banus: No: for all preach dissension, discord and war, and divide mankind by exclusive pretensions of truth and domination.
Josephus: Which is the ninth essential?
Banus: To be equally beneficent to all humans, in teaching them the true means of becoming better and happier.
Josephus: Are not other laws beneficent likewise?
Banus: No: for none of them teach the real means of attaining happiness; all are confined to pernicious or futile practices; and this is evident from facts, since after so many laws, so many religions, so many legislators and prophets, humans are still as unhappy and ignorant, as they were eight thousand years ago.
Josephus: Which is the tenth essential of the natural laws?
Banus: That it is alone sufficient to render people happier and better, because it comprises all that is good and useful in other laws, either civil or religious, that is to say, it constitutes essentially the moral part of them; so that if other laws were divested of it, they would be reduced to unreal and imaginary opinions devoid of any practical utility.
Josephus: Recapitulate all ten essentials.
Banus: We have said that the law of nature is:
1.Primordial
2.Immediate
3. Universal
4. Invariable
5. Evident
6. Reasonable
7. Just
8. Pacific
9. Beneficent
10. Alone Sufficient

And such is the power of all these attributes of perfection and truth, that when in their disputes the theologians can agree upon no article of belief, they recur to the natural and cosmic laws, the neglect of which, say they, forced God to send from time to time prophets to proclaim new laws; as if God enacted laws for particular circumstances, as men do; especially when the first subsists in such force, that we may assert it to have been at all times and in all countries the rule of conscience for every one of sense or understanding.

Enter into this House,sons and dawtas of Ra-sta
your works will be weighed and then InI will go
to Higher Heights!
preach

Roots

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 05:23:02 AM »

Adding laws to what comes naturally limits possibilities. Laws are enacted to control.

love
kuuan

Roots

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 05:29:58 PM »

As humans we are certainly part of nature. Without our physical body we would be dead, not alive as humans. Therefore physical 'laws' may apply. However the rule that one better drinks when feeling thirsty will not quench anyone's thirst, one drinking will.
Feel the sensations in your body, be aware of them every instant anew, and you will live in harmony.
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 10:36:43 PM »

Bless.Kuuan, i agree with everything u stated XCEPT for this statement:

"Without our physical body we would be dead, not alive as humans".

the Energy inside u can NEVER die my friend,u would be FREE and feel MORE alive than u werer when in the body, for the body has limitations.that breath inside of u, become that.

to Higher Heights!
kuuan

Roots

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 05:22:18 AM »

House of Rasta, I am happy you hear me, and I believe that I hear you:
Certainly the body and also the mind limit us whereas the energy inside us does not die together with our body, but lives beyond time. However I am stricktly refering to the life of an 'earthling' of which I believe that any separation of body, mind and soul is hyothetical and that we need all of the three in combination to be alive as a human on earth. I say body and mind because, 'powered' by the soul, they manifest simultainiously and can be described as the two sides of the same coin.
Interested in spirituality somebody may develop a enemical attitude towards his own body and matter in general as they seem the reason for our limitations. I believe however that our body and our mind are not the reasons of our limitations but rather the manifestation of our limitations. As such they are the very tool given to us to overcome our limitations.  
How to become that breath inside me? By being aware of breathing, to feel the breath with constant awareness? I believe so, and I repeat: Feel the sensations in your body, be aware of them every instant anew, and you will live in harmony.

preach

Roots

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 03:45:47 PM »

You would know the secret of death. But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of your life? The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light. If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life. For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.

-Kahlil Gibran

love
House_of_Ra-sta

Roots

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 04:19:52 PM »

"How to become that breath inside me? By being aware of breathing, to feel the breath with constant awareness? I believe so, and I repeat: Feel the sensations in your body, be aware of them every instant anew, and you will live in harmony".

thats how u do it Kuuan and this can be achieved threw Meditation,u'll breath to an Exalted stated more than ordinary breath.i know its better said than done though but i have experience and u might to, Give thankhs.  

Bless up for that quote PREACH,very True to the ones who observe Nature.

to Higher Heights!
kuuan

Roots

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 05:00:21 PM »

yes, this is meditation.
there is a technique called Vipassana or insight meditation practicing observing the sensations of the body.
details of 10 day courses are there: dhamma.org

preach

Roots

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 03:30:31 AM »

Peace to kuuan and House_of Rasta for enlightening me about the importance of awareness. Sometimes I get so caught up, that I forget about me. I am currently practicing mirror gazing; it involves staring into a mirror and observing the present, past and future.

love
KingRas

GIVE THANKS AND PRAISES

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2004, 06:50:11 AM »

TRUE BLESSED LOVE
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: