Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:43:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 139 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  Racist Flyers Target Black Students At University
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Racist Flyers Target Black Students At University  (Read 8535 times)
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« on: April 22, 2005, 06:27:03 PM »

Blessings and greetings brethrens and sistrens

Racism at it's best Shocking isn't it it will never die and to think the school isn't even doing anything about it

Racist Flyers Target Black Students At University of Cincinnati

Cincinnati, OH (BlackNews.com) - Recently, at the University of Cincinnati, a group of white students referred to as the National Alliance posted flyers on campus that target African-American students.

The flyers read "Don't Have Sex With Blacks - Avoid AIDS". The flyer was seen all over campus, and was even featured in the school newspaper as an advertisement.

Erika Guice, a Black student at the University, comments, "I saw the flyer and not only were we embarrassed, but we were devastated at why would our school would allow this to be posted in the newspaper."

"We feel that our school, whom we pay a high tuition to every quarter, does not appreciate the Black students who attend this University," Guice continues.

National Alliance is an on-campus group of white students that attend the University of Cincinnati, and are known for their racist teacings and messages.

Black students at the University say that campus administration is well aware of the group, and does nothing about them. In fact, one white staff member said that "everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and can post their messages freely on campus."

This is not the first for the city of Cincinnati, which has had a terrible record of police brutality against Blacks.

"We need change," comments Guice. "Change has to come from somewhere and I believe that if one person can't stand for what they believe in, then no one ever will."

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: