Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  What I have observed on blacks/whites Rastas.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What I have observed on blacks/whites Rastas.  (Read 39082 times)
Ras Mandingo

« on: May 19, 2003, 03:23:27 PM »

Greetings Ones,

Studying the reasonings here about white Rastas, and how black Rastas see them, and what are their whole in Rasta, i have noted (please correct me if I'm wrong):

1- Rasta is a black liberation movement, that sees that after reorganizing things with the family (blacks) can look to more Iniversal topics.

2- White Rastas can be welcomed if they can show they want to use their skills in this trod, knowing that from this depends a global destiny, by the contriobution that black people can give to the world and are still unable to do in a bigger scale because are still reorganizing themselves and are coming from the bottom to the top, wich takes a time process of striving for transformations.

3- White Rastas (or whatever non-african "color") should not forget they are not leaders (teachers) here, but students, as they are observing other people's process.

4- This can be good to white people, if this process can show them something they probably never gave much attention as this was not affecting them directly. This is fundamental in the process of people's mentality globally towards life.

5- Rasta can eventually be the an enormous African contribution to a better life in the planet. Giving another example and perspective, leaving such decadent ocidental (acidental) examples...stilling the future of life. This however, will be a consequence of of "Africa for Africans" first.

6- So, Rasta can eventually became an example of a normal and original and reformating lifestyle to be lived and loved by all people.

Sorry if I was not very clear and please deep my perception of reality!!!

Guidance,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wayne_Tedj

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 01:51:23 AM »

Mandingo,
can the I show I and I where the different points the I just made are supported by either the Kebra Nagast, the Holy Bible, or the words of His Imperial Majesty?
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 04:57:45 AM »

Wayne,

I don't know if you can find this points in the Ible, in the Kebra Nagast or in H.I.M. speaches.

I'm sharing what I have noticeced on what people have reasoned here at Rastafari Speaks. I have noticed arguements, positions and reactions.

Actually, the reason why I'm sharing this views is in hope that people can help me deeping and/or correcting it.

This post is like a homework I'm presenting on what I have studied here.

However, I can see the reson why you're asking about this references from the Ible, Kebra Nagast or H.I.M. but are they alone the foundation of Rasta? Did you check Rootswoman post regarding Ancient Milenar Rasta in Egypt?

Give thanks for your post Wayne,

If you can share more please do.

Blessings,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Wayne_Tedj

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 11:30:37 AM »

Yes
Eu creio sem dubido que issos sao mais importantes que qualqueiras outras escrituras porque as outras sao so filosofias e opinioes. Sim essas 3 sao a fundacao, outros libros sao quartos e pilares mais essas 3 sao a fundacao.  
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 12:01:37 PM »

Wayne,

Eu entendo o que voçê está dizendo...qual a fundação do Rastafari? Será que voçê pode me indicar alguma relação entre o que eu falei e as leituras fundamentais Rastafari? Eu não me lembro de nenhuma relação direta entre a percepção que indiquei e as leitura fundamentais da Bíblia, do Kebra Nagast ou de H.I.M. para fundamentar para voçê.

Como eu disse, esta é uma questão que eu estou levantando baseada nos recentes diálogos aqui no Rastafari Speaks sobre Brancos Rastas e qual seria o papel deles num movimento negro. Voçê pode procurar alguns deles aqui mesmo no Reasoning Forum, sobre qual o papel dos Rastas brancos. O que eu tornei público foi minha reação/percepção a leitura e meditação sobre os mesmos.

Respeito para voçê e obrigado pelo diálogo em português. Onde voçê aprendeu português? Ou voçê usou um tradutor da internet? De qualquer forma, agradecido pela atenção de usar meu idioma original para dialogar comigo.

Estou aqui agora e sempre para dialogar,

Seu irmão brasileiro,

Mandingo.

Haile,
Wayne_Tedj

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 12:32:22 PM »

Sua 1eira premisa

1-"Rasta is a Black Liberation Movement" E que e um movimento popular ou um movimento divino? Eu nao creio 'vox populi vox dei' , como disso meu velho professor 'the voice of the people is the voice of a lynch mob'. Sem a guianca da biblia e sua majestade, Rasta e a mesma anarquia como Babylon.
Wayne_Tedj

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 12:45:29 PM »

Respondindo a suas preguntas. Eu aprendi duma menina que eu sabia em highschool e tambem de escutando a Samba. Quando ja mora numa cultura bilingue nao e dificil aprender um  tercer linguagem. Eu sei que tenho muitos hispanicismos no meu portugues e que nao sei escriver  as cedilhas e tudo.
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2003, 08:10:06 AM »

agradecido por suas colocações Wayne Wink

Vou considerar e ponderar.

Mandingo.

Haile,
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 11:52:41 PM »

You certainly are sharing important Knowledge Kings. Could you share it with the Rastafarian family on this board in English? I personally would very much appreciate.

SisKelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2003, 04:08:37 AM »

Greetings Sis,

You're right.

Please, use the translator availible at the open rastafari board, for this one, and I'll continue in english from now on. Just copy the part you want translated to the box of translation and then read it.

had no intention of keeping ones out of the reasoning, english is the language here in this house.

Mandingo.  

Haile,
DreadedLioness

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2003, 08:53:42 AM »

Greetins Bredren n Sistren......

InI newbie to these boards...and currently member to other boards wit other organizations......

InI am shocked @ the issues of "race" here.....InI have never come pon a board like this......InI overstand all points made here and Raspect dem 2 da fullest (agree and disagree wit some).....

Has deh I's lost sight of what Rastfari stands for?Huh? What I suppose to do in order to uplift and bring forth Rasta to deh masses on a positve note?HuhHuh?  Don't deh I's feel dat I struggle enough wit deh babylonian system since this is where the real ignorance dwells?HuhHuh

In deh particular House that InI follow.....I issues are not so much on "race" but what I can do to make deh House stronger and continue to let Positive vibes circulate.......yes....to Reason is good for deh I's as it brings many thoughts together......but then there is also deh point where some of deh I's cross that it gets out of hand.......

InI do not intend to offend any1...but InI jus wan to share what InI seein here.....

1Love!
Sis Lioness   Smiley
gonejah

Bless

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2003, 04:30:16 PM »

Yes, Dreadedlioness, I !

I n I also feel shocked by the race thing going on here.  I come from other message boards that wouldn't go dere.  Maybe we should do some serious reasoning here and try to change up the vibes a little, seen?

Blessings  Wink

Blessed are they who by means thereof have overstood everything and have known HIM in his truth
Halle lu JAH !
Tyehimba
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2003, 05:39:02 PM »

There are some that think that the issues of race must just be white washed and not dealt with or reasoned with in a meaningful manner. In doing so they ignore the reality of white supremacy and white privelage that Blacks have to face day in, day out. Black consciousness is an integral part of RAstafari and must not be divorced from Rastafari.

The Babylon sytem is not just some abstract concept, it is controlled by persons who often can be identified.

Rastafari stands for truth and justice and this can't be achieved by hiding behind the banner of one love. The paradox of this existence is that in the sense that we are all divine creations we are equal but on the other hand due to circumstancial factors and experiences we are very diverse and unequal. Those that are shocked at discussions on race are often those who harbour a lot of subtle grains of white supremacy within. They remind me of a lot of people who protested against the invasion of Iraq. They felt personally threatened. They protested they said because they wanted peace and peace to them was the continued existence of oppression, racism, sexism and white supremacy. Their limited idea of peace is no violence. But peace is  far far far more than a lack of violence.
gonejah

Bless

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2003, 08:34:45 PM »

Greetings and Blessings,

First, I would like to say that I address everyone here with the utmost respect.  I intend no disrespect to anyone.

Having said that, let me say that I AM shocked by the amount of raciscm going on here.  How can you define yourselves as Rasta, when some of your posts are oozing with hatred?  I certainly don't want to "hide behind the banner of one love", and I don't think that everyone is treated equally.  There is nothing wrong with being pro-black, but you don't have to be anti-white to be pro-black !  That kind of linear thinking is not something I would expect from a high-powered black mind.  

How can some of you say "InI", yet you seem to not overstand the whole concept of the God within?  If you did have an overstanding of these things you wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on other righteous, Rasta Idren.  If the people you speak of have personally done something to opress you, then speak of those facts, but short of that, JUDGE NOT.

I, too, get a little bit sick of seeing young (or old) white hippies speaking Iyaric or slaughtering patois, attending every reggae concert that passes through their town so that they can use it as an excuse to smoke some herb and look cool in front of their friends.  I still don't pass judgement though because I know that the person I am looking at that looks like they fit that description may actually be someone who posseses far more knowledge and wisdom than I, maybe conducts himself in a manner far more righteous than I, or is maybe more spiritually grounded than I. Who am I to judge?

At the same time, there are countless number of black people sporting dreadlocks and wearing Bob Marley T-Shirts saying Rastafari, that really couldn't even tell you the first thing about the bible, HIM, Marcus Garvey, or even in which part of Africa Ithiopia is located.  I wouldn't pass judgement on them either.

Know yourselves and stop concerning yourselves with who is or isn't allowed to consider themselves Rasta.  

Envy not the opressor, choose none of his ways
      Be not wise in his own eyes
      Only Jah you must praise
      Strife not with a man without cause
      If he has done you no harm
      Let bygones be bygones
                         - Buju Banton

Love and Blessings  Kiss

Blessed are they who by means thereof have overstood everything and have known HIM in his truth
Halle lu JAH !
Rootsie

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2003, 08:21:20 AM »

'let bygones be bygones.' Is a BLACK MAN sayin that.
How we going to sight Rasta and look at race as a diversion from the mainline of the teaching?
you do NOT let bygones be bygones by thinking it is beneath you to discuss the issues, beloved one.
You have apparently been called here to this teachment for a reason. Ones must have the courage to go all the way if them want what they say they want, for themselves and for the world.
'One day things must get better.'
It is these reasoing that make it SO.
If WE here cannot build bridges NOW, HERE, what hope is there?
Coming to truth on race is central to 'spiritual development', not an unfortunate detour.
And please I beg you let's get our terms straight: unless black people took over the institutions and structures of the world last night while I was sleepin and I don't know it yet,  accusing black people of 'racism' is inappropriate.
Love. Love. Love. No joke business, seen? This isn't some liberal lazy middle class American trip. Before we start throwing that term around so freely, we need to have an appreciation for what is involved to manifest in the FULLNESS. I have been guilty of this myself in the past so I know what I'm talking about. This is reality, and the world hangs in the balance, don't doubt. It hurts sometimes to listen to the black idrens here speaking out of their truth and their experience of whites. But if we are going to come here and try to 'lift up the vibes' (!) and once AGAIN DENY the reality of the lived lives of our black idrens, how are we any different from the worst whites in the ghastly history of the last 2000 years?
rootsie
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: