Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:12:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 77 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  What Does It Mean Being A Rastafari Woman?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What Does It Mean Being A Rastafari Woman?  (Read 20771 times)
athalyah

Roots

« on: May 09, 2005, 08:07:01 AM »

Many young people (not all) now a days seem to think life is just about party, sex and having a good time. It  seems they  never stop and look around them and realize how much they have to offer to the world as young people and the pride they should take in themselves. Being a young Black girl, it's rather difficult at times to live up to the rastafari principles i have adopted.
I would like to know other young women's thoughts on what it's like to live the livity. Yah Bless
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 07:15:45 PM »

Blessings and Greetings Athalyah

I am a babe in fari still trodding my journey in full force with little bumps here and there, but in my society it is a hard struggle to be rastafari and a woman at it as well and not only that but also going on my journey alone without the influence of a kingman at myside.
It can be hard at times thinking and living as a rastafari dawta but that is all part of the journey,but i look to women of my past for encouragement especially Empress Menen and it becomes easy
You musn't let your so called friends put u down of the way your dress,live or even eat remember your on this journey for youself and ur upliftment and remember many among you may call themselves empress this and queen that but you must really look at them to see if they are living up to their names because taking on such titles comes with respondsibility of living up to it.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
iNk

Roots n Ites

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 07:24:16 AM »

Keep your way, sista

InI think u overstand dat my english is not good )
Rastafari everywhere!
Kai

Roots

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 02:48:23 PM »

True words sistrens,  you see InI didn't fully overstand the true virtues of a woman until I site Rastafari.  Since then I feel more uplifted and confident.  InI realize that  to become a princess then a queen them an empress there are trials and tribulations to get through.  Right now I am a single dawta and feel the need to stay that way because I am focus.  Right now I don't need a Kingman to guide me or help me find my way I have to do that first before I can become a queen to a King.  In other words, InI is a princess in training.  I have learn so much and thankful to Jah for opening up I eyes to see the truth and the real meaning of life.  

Keep steadfast sistren, don't let no one, especially babylon discourage you.  Save yourself for your soulmate and when him come you will know.  Your body is your temple, treat it with respect and be in tune with it.  If a brethren is not right for the I will feel it.  Don't poison yourself with bad spirit, let your souls connect first.  keep looking to Jah Rastafari for guidance and be proud of who you are.

Live and let Jah shine from within
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 02:55:35 PM »

Blessing Sistren Kai

We all must be strong and find our way on this blessed journey,as you said babylon will try to test us and put us all through all types of trials and tribulations and we must stand firm and grounded.

It is a blessing to see young sistrens so firm and strong.

Blessings to one and all
            Hotep

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: