Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:01:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 42 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  Wombman Respect Yourself
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wombman Respect Yourself  (Read 18638 times)
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« on: August 24, 2005, 10:49:22 PM »

Greetings and Blessings Everyone in the name of the Most High

As a young rasta daughter I find it very amusing and sometimes I am tramutised of the type of "half naked" dress some young and old females choose to wear and how they carry there selves when they are out in public or at a public event.
It is shocking what these females where as "party clothes" or "regular mall wear " 3 inch skirts and bra tops are the new clothing line, even down to stretch halter shirts which they wear and stretch to make into a dress which is barely enough material to cover they behinds.
Why do wombmen choose to even step outside their houses in such attire I would never know of even try to query,I wonder if they are searching for acceptance, attention I am not sure which one but have a feeling it a combination of all two because they leave nothing for the men to wonder of, all their treasures are exposed for the whole world to see.Nothing Hiden

what is everyone take on this?

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
leslie
Leslie

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 08:19:26 PM »

The way that people dress must be taken into context. Being nude or semi-nude may be profane by some standards or may be quite normal in others. Exposing nakedness can be a matter of physical circumstance (for example, excessive heat) or can be simply a matter of choice. It is not very sensible to judge people by the choices that they make in relation to how they dress, especially when ignorant of their personal reasons for making those choices. For example, those who wear their hair in locks may be seen as untidy and may be seen as lacking hygiene. This may be true for some and untrue for others. But to judge the entire group because of the actions, reasons or motives of some cannot be right.

Also, it is quite true that some expose their bodies to gain attention from others, but many of us want and need attention and some of us do so in other ways. Why should those who seek attention by shedding their clothing be seen differently from those who seek attention and are fully clothed?

Another point is that women were (and still are in some cases) prevented from expressing their sexuality and how they dress may be a way of redeeming this aspect of themselves.

You may not be aware of or may not agree with the reasons for females revealing their bodies. But to judge them would be to do the same thing that others do to cultures and habits that are different from their own…and that would be an attack on the human right of free will, especially if their differences do not infringe on the rights of others.
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 12:58:59 PM »

Blessings and Hotep Leslie

I am not aware of all the reasons why some females choose to reveal their bodies but I overstand where you are coming from, and i see your point plus too we are made up differently and have different needs and wants.Blessing to you for showing InI the other side of the situation and for the insight.

Bless

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
onthatvybe
AfricaSpeaks Member

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 09:42:36 AM »

Greetings in the name of the mos high
I an I agree thoroughly with what your saying...as queens and empresses we should maintain a certain respect and holiness for our bodies..our kingdoms...it is true yes that some might reveal their bodies for certain reasons but that is no excuse...clothing is an expression of who you are and how you want people to view you otherwise they wouldnt make such a fuss about it..... Give thanks...QUEEN
pendo

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 06:45:23 PM »

Greetings in the Mighty name of The King.

Here is my take,
If one is fit to call oneself a daughter of Jah, a true Rastawoman, then it is not very well for one to expose her body like that.

For them that nah associate with love of Rastafari, what can de I possibly speak? To each wombman his own.

Blessings.
chiefblackbear

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »

The Europeans came out with these concepts and set of minds SEX, SEXY, RICH, POOR 
Europeans say that it is uncivilised for a woman to walk around with a bare chest and this is an attack on the woman and her Nubian culture. The Europeans say that you are not civilised if you walk around naked
this is the truth, but how do you define nakedness.

Nakedness is from the waist down to the region of the thighs somebody covering up their sexual organs and buttocks is not naked.

There are many cultures around the world that have not yet been perverted with the white mans barbarism that shares my point of view. Within these cultures the women walk around with bare chests and the man do not see the women breast as sexual organs.

There is no disrespecting the women with sexual gestures and taunts and crazy sexual requests. If you find a woman beautiful you ask your parents to meet with her parents and you get married. And sex is not used for pleasure in these societies so the woman those not need to see herself as a sexual object and the man do not have sexual thoughts about the woman every single five seconds like in Europe. 

But in the west the media have distorted the women and her image and the man has become addicted to his own testosterones (RAPE)  and dopamine’s because of the woman’s conditioning.

I don’t agree that people should have a free will if their will have been manipulated by barbarism. 

And women should do all they can to cover up because western society has turned the woman’s whole body into a sexual fantasy for a man to fantasise and pursue. 

And man should encourage women to cover them selves up and man should also constantly remind himself that if you use women for sex you will encourage her to play a worthless role in this barbaric western society.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: