Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:09:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 60 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Reincarnation& Numerology
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Reincarnation& Numerology  (Read 21190 times)
Lilbit

« on: October 31, 2005, 01:14:36 PM »

I've been reading books about reincarnation. It states that you could be raped in this life beacuse you raped somebody in a previously life. You could be born a midget because you were a drug addict or abused your body in the previous life. Here's the problem why should you be suffering for something you don't know about. You basically don't have anything rememberence of your previous life so why should you be suffering? You're being punished for no reason. Why can't you be paid your karma in that life before you die. That makes more sense.

In the numerology books it says the reason why you're miserable or broke it because of the numbers in your name. You man to tell me your whole could be ruined for something your mother named you.
Bennu Ausar

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 04:48:33 PM »

Reincarnation:
The position (station in life) that you were born into is to help you learn some very important lessons in this lifetime. There are those (me included) that believe that each individual actually chooses the condition that they will be born into before returning to earth because if one can properly and successfully navigate his/her life while operating under the constraints of that condition, then he/she will have truly learned the lesson that they came to earth to learn. So, while your station in life can be viewed as a punishment based on accumulated karma, it really is an opportunity to learn. The fact that one does not know why he/she had to be placed into that condition also reveals that they have much to learn (i.e., for those who seek there are ways to remember your past lives and why you returned to earth in the first place).

Numerology:
i personally do not adhere to numerology. There could be some validity to it but much of it is probably corrupted today. Assigning numeric values to words become problematic due to the different ways words are spelled as they go from language to language. It makes more sense to me that the power of words reside within the sounds. But i do agree that what your mother (or father) names their child is very important.
Lilbit

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 06:13:16 PM »

Why I am trying to say is that you know nothing about your previous life. So how can you learn a lesson about something you can't remember.
Bennu Ausar

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 10:39:38 PM »

The main point is that you do know the difference between right and wrong, and you also have the freedom of will to choose to do what is right or wrong. As long as you choose to live by what is right/truth as opposed to what is wrong/false, then you learn the lessons put before you. You will be guided to these situations thoughout your life by your spirit so that you can demonstrate what you have learned or still need to learn. Choose right and you pass the test (learn the lesson), choose wrong and accumulate more karma (or simply do not advance any spiritually). Based on your spiritual development you might eventually be led by your spirit to remember (not everyone can handle the truth about their past life experiences). Hope this is somewhat helpful. i'm only stating my beliefs on the subject (other opinions are welcome).

Blessings...
Lilbit

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 10:10:48 PM »

So what can you do about bad karma? I also heard that there are also curses put on peoples families?
Bennu Ausar

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 11:09:08 PM »

Live Truth! That's all. Live truth at your crossroad situations. Not because you are afraid of what may happen, but because it is the right thing to do. When you live truth, you grow spiritually if you do it for the right reasons and do it joyfully! That's how you deal with bad karma.

You also can deal with curses put upon you or your family by living Truth. Truth is your sword and your shield. Do not allow your emotions of fear, anger, revenge, etc. to give power to any curse. Spiritual power generated from living truth is much greater than any low level curse.

Blessings...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: