Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:09:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 116 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Islam and the "Pagan" Trap
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Islam and the "Pagan" Trap  (Read 13932 times)
RasAtum

« on: November 28, 2005, 09:20:20 AM »

Hotep

As a recovering Muslim, I would like to thank all who post information here about Afrikan religions.  My experience with Christianity is somewhat limited, but I must tell you that Islam is one of the most de-Afrikanizing of all non-Afrikan religions.  Immediately, the Arabs set out to destroy our names, obliterate our connections to our ancestors, de-humanize our women, emasculate our men, and keep Afrikans under control all by means of fear.  Any attempt at natural Afrikan livity is considered extremely evil.  Pouring libation is pagan.  Burning oils or incense for departed relatives is pagan.  Drinking beer and wine, which have been Afrikan customs for millenia, is devlish.  Everything Afrikan, according to the Arabs, is cursed by God.
When I let go of Islam, I was seized by a fear of God's Punishment.  I can recite the Quran by heart and I know that I am now a "pagan".  But then I began to ask myself whether it was God who called us pagan or if it was the Arabs.  I began to think of all of the ways in which the Arabs still practice their tribal "pagan" religions under the guise of Islam and truly began to overstand the deep seated sense of Arab supremacy at the heart of Islam.  I am not supposed to talk to my departed ancestors, but the Arabs can ask their ancestor (Mohammed) for intercession whenever they please.  I was forbidden to pour libation or keep fetishes of any kind, yet the Arabs can circle, kiss, and prostrate to a stone house (Kaaba) in remembrance of their "ancestor" (though the authenticity of this is highly suspect.  They claim the Kaaba was built by Abraham and that he is their ancestor, but Abraham was a Black Subsaharan Afrikan). 
My point is that it's all fear.  Afrikan systems of belief are evil, evil, evil, according to the racist Arabs, and they teach Muslims from a very early age to recoil at the word "pagan".  All it takes in many Afrikan countries is for someone to call you "pagan" and instantly one submit's to the community's wishes so as not to be cast out.  Many Afrikans, the Senegalese for example, have no problem practicing Islam alongside their traditional religions, but Islam takes the front seat and traditional livities are pushed aside, showing once again that even InI on the Continent still have a long way to go to remove these psychological and spiritual shackles.
OlOrisa_Olokun

Orisa Priest in Training

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 10:27:33 PM »

It looks like you understand exactly what is occurring. Welcome to Freedom.

When we have the determination to restrain our lower desires, the door is opened for us to fulfill our highest aspirations.
Riowa

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 09:13:13 PM »

Greetings
I would like to also welcome you to freedom.  There is one thing I would like to add and that is a quote that I just learned from this white philosopher " becareful when battling a monster, for you run the danger of becoming that monster".  With that I will say that though we know that most of the religions of the world tend to detract our livity away from afrocentric concepts.  We have to avoid they error of believing that our reality is the only reality.  There was an explicit need for the Arabs religion. We know that religion comes from re meaning back and ligare meaning to bind or bind together. The Arabs needed something to bind then to something more positive than what they were doing back then. Now thier prophet spoke many truths that are consider to be very profound that are generally taken out of context by followers of that faith.  The truest purpose, I believe, for that religion was to deliver the oppressed from oppression and to give redemption to the despised and rejected in that part of the world.  Not to mention laying down a pathway to the one Creator.  With all of its gender bias and racial undertones steaped in ideas of Arab supremacy,  there is a similatude of the original teachings of ancient KMT in that religion.  Those teachings hidden within the passages concerning the disciptions of the Beginner of All things as well as symbolism of the pilgrimage.  All in all let us take solice in knowing that the Most High has granted us wiseness enough to know how to objectify religions and internalize the fruits of creation.  Be Blessed   
Merrytonic

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 01:31:22 AM »

Hello and a wonderful evening to you, Riowa.  After typing "recovering Muslim" in the search engine, I came across your reply to the subject, "Islam and the 'Pagan' Trap."  Just a quick note to thank you for your neutrality and wise reply.  I was dating a Muslim man (I am a non-denominational Christian), and we parted ways recently.  In my desire to understand some things, it helped to read your reply.  This may sound odd, but it also reminded me of a few things -- namely, the Truth of my Being.  Anyway, I just wanted to thank you.  Merry Christmas.
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 12:52:02 PM »

my friend franz fannon once said' de colonization has always beena violent process!" gpod to see u let it go
off A.L.L.A.H!

ARAB
LEECHS
LIVING OFF
AFRIKAN
HUE MANITY
 Two Thumbs Two Thumbs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: