Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:26:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Need Help Defining Ancestor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Need Help Defining Ancestor  (Read 84259 times)
YaoYao

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2006, 11:15:24 AM »

Thank you for your answer again OlOrisa_Olokun.

Htp
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2006, 02:17:41 PM »

I am speaking on the values set in place by our Afrikan Spiritualists since the beginning of time.

This doesn't mean we can't question it and change it tho. That's one of our bigget problems as black people, we are afraid to question things and redefine them as we see fit and as it relates to our experiences NOW.

I'm not saying we should change it, but just because that's how it has was in times before doesn't mean that's how it has to be for us now. We have our own minds and consciousness to develop our own thoughts and ideas and our own right and wrongs; set our own laws and methods of doing things.

I'm neither for nor against any of the arguements here, because sadly i really don't know much or even anything about communicating with ancestors (in the traditional african sense anyway), this is really a learning experience for me, but it really don't like hearing things like "...that's how our ancestors did it so it can't be changed"

But preach, i don't think he was saying we can't honor them or hold them in reverence, he was just saying we shouldn't try to contact them on a spiritual level.

Rastafari

@ natural blacks,ancestor reverance is older than rastafarism,you say you are neither for it nor agaisnt,thru out togo,benin,nigeria,ganon and south africa,and other countries,ancestors are highly venerated,ILE IFE in the ibajan province is the oldest tradition that have come outside the western afrika,even in ghana,they have the same thing,
ancestors walked on earth,they build the foundations for what we are today,if we dont pay homage to our ancestors,
and ackowledge that they left the blue print,what then,that is the main reason,we have those invaders,europeans
white people going tyo VODOU and using it agaisnt us,they are mastering the afrikan esoteric knowledge and using against us,because we dont embrace it,so they do and they mixed with their own beliefs and use it on us,do you really think natural blacks,ifa high priest in benin,togo,dahomey,puta curse on you,do you really think,that christianity or rastafarism will save you,read this book afrikan cosmology of the bantu kongo,also zulu shaman credo mutwa.
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2006, 09:12:20 AM »

"ancestor reverence is older than rastafarianism"

who was ever disputnig this?

why do u insist on speaking on rastafari when clearly u know nothing about it? i was jus saying that not because something has been so since forever doesn't mean we can't question it. bredrin why fight ini when ini is trying to embrace the i? rastafari is a culture started by blck people, and u prefer to fight it rather than help it - since u think it needs help.

u know nothing of rastafari. come to the ises and see white people being chased out. hear jesus and "God" being trampled on and denounced...why do u fight and criticise something u know nothing of?

"No one is today so foolish as to believe that any one nation constitutes a perfect monolith of faith and ideology. Nor could anyone wish that there should be such utter vanity of thought and aspiration." - Emperor Haile Selassie I

I am not ur enemy bredrin..

love and blessings...RASTAFARI LIVES!

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2006, 04:19:42 PM »

greetings of peace and serenity@ natural blacks

i am not fighting you nor gman,naturalblacks,my interest in our homeland,is to go before he came about right,to go back to the shongai empire,the ashanti empire,what was ethiopia before sellassie came to place,
i mean ancient ethiopia,actually,sudan egypt and ethiopia was all one place,you realize that right natural blacks,thats why it is called by great scholar such as doctor yusef ben jochanan,the nile valley civilization,because at one time,it was all one region,before the krakkarabs and the almoravids took place,
takea look on pre colonial black africa by the towering scholar cheik anta diop and african origines of civilization,nah,natural blacks,i am not fighting you,nor gman,i have this book called africana thought,and in it mentions about leonard howell or lionel howell, in jamaica,the founder of rastafarism,when i get my book back from a friend of mine,i will quote the page and the chapter Two Thumbs Beam
btw is tracey a white woman,i read her thread comparing us to monkey or something,read it and tell me,i might be wrong,but i think,she is an yurugu,rheziku aryan,indo european Undecided
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2006, 05:10:30 PM »

also by yosef ben jochanan.... black man of the nile and his family ... good read. i'm still reading it.

my interest in the motherland is the same as urs...to take it beyond the "history" of the bible, beyond christianity and islam... beyond judaism... beyond religion... beyond africa...back to ta-merry...back to alkebulan... back to cultures and not religions... back to black... to rid the motherland of foreign invaders... and within all this... ini a rasta!

i don't care about king solomon... i don't care about knig david... i don't believe i am an israelite... i KNOW i am BLACK and my home is alkebulan. rastafari has given me this meditation of back to black... this meditation of sun, earth and moon... of heat, air and water... of womban.... of family... haile selassie is the one who has directed me on this path to seek for a afrika before "africa"... how can i not revere this man? who has brought me from my slumber... who has removed the shackles of king james and constantine... who has removed the shackles of the modern preacher man... who has opened my eyes and ears to the truth and the essence of my existence... LIFE I-TINUAL. the more i read his words the more i yearn to go home... a home free of white influences in anyway... a home filled with black ppl manifesting their glory and walking tall and proud as we once did.

rastafari was created by afrikans... it is afrikan... but with our experiences and the "history" we have been taught there arises mis-iverstandings. but the more u know, the more u grow. and the energy of the motherland calling ini shall outweigh the tricks and the vices of the white man... shall clear the confusions and ini must yadd home to ini family...

ini live! RASTAFARI is for-iver!

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2006, 03:09:34 PM »

Two Thumbs  well hehe,ima glad we are in the same page,arent we,me being pan afrikanist i think,
pan afrikanism and afrikan spirituality goes hand in hand,since the origins of yurib traditions go back to kemet
ancient egypt,yeah,i have blackman of the nile and his family and african origines of major western religion,i know we will meet in the motherland someday Two Thumbs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: