Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 63 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  Remembering Martin Luther King
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Remembering Martin Luther King  (Read 9941 times)
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« on: January 16, 2006, 10:15:31 AM »

Today is a great day to sit and meditate on a great civil rights leader Martin Luther King, also to wake up and be able to say I AM BLACK AND PROUD, and I Have a Dream that no one can take away from you.
He was a great leader and his speeches and thoughts still go on today and live in us.

Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968), American clergyman and Nobel Prize winner, one of the principal leaders of the American civil rights movement and a prominent advocate of nonviolent protest. King’s challenges to segregation and racial discrimination in the 1950s and 1960s helped convince many white Americans to support the cause of civil rights in the United States. After his assassination in 1968, King became a symbol of protest in the struggle for racial justice.
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/RefArticle.aspx?refid=761557424

In Addition to MLK they are others who helped in our progression like,Rosa Parks, Malcolm X,Frederick Douglass,Harriett Tubman, and also in our literary fields we have Langston Hughs,James Baldwin,Lorraine Hansberry and then into the Inventor side of things black people riegn there too Charles Drew who system for storing blood plasma became known as the blood bank and revolutionized the medical profession and so many others.

So during your day and from now on remember these great past ones and look at how far we have come but yet dont forget how much more we have to go.

Blessings and Hotep

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 10:44:04 AM »

Black History Month has dawn on us again and it has started on some sorrow note with the passing of Mrs.Coretta Scott King the wife of Martin Luther King,She carried his spirit until her dying days and his work.She single handed raise her kids and carry on her husband's work.She fulfilled and surpassed all his dreams. A great inspiration to all black women every where, and as her husband spirit and legacy carried on so will her's.They where both great leaders and great heros.She will live on as the first lady of human rights movement.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: