Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:51:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Essays and Reasonings (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY  (Read 15667 times)
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« on: February 02, 2006, 12:37:36 AM »

Tonight I was reading some speeches and writings of Marcus Garvey and for the first time I was hearing Garvey's views about the Ku Klux Klan.I didn't even think it was possible, but I developed a deeper love and appreciation for this the greatest black man to be born out of the Afrikan Diaspora. Marcus Garvey is truly a treasure, one to be praised daily. He mirrored the UNIA to the Ku Klux Klan...the latter fighting for the preservation of thier race and their civilization, and the UNIA fighting for the cause of Black people, "those at home and those abroad". If you're in a man's house, and he doesn't like you nor want you there, then you leave. It's his home, he claimed it first and he brought you there, however unjust, he brought you there. It's not your home and you have no right to it. You have a home of your own so why not go there and kick him out of your home as he's kicking you out and mistreating you in his?

You know, we complain about our situations here in the western world, and yet we refuse to make moves towards repartriation. Instead, we sit and we beg the white man for reparations, and we complain daily and allow our destiny and Afrika's redemption to rest in the hands of the same people who have oppressed us for 500 years and still are oppressing us today. When are black people going to realise the enormous amount of power and potential we possess and pool our efforts and energies towards building a nation for ourselves? Instead, we are crying about equal rights in the west. We cry about not being given an equal chance to become presidents and senators in the US. Why should the american white man allow us to become president when it was he who came here first, conquered the indians and claimed this land his own? (however unjust it was, it's the situaion as it is) It was he who brought us here as slaves, he who GAVE us "freedom"...or a little slack on the chain anyway, and built his "great" civilization from just being straight up smart! Garvey used an anology to this effect and I love it: Would you pick a homeless man on the street, take him into your home, give him a job as your gardener, and then have him tell you how to run your home? This is exactly what we as blacks are trying to do here in the west.

Irregardless of how many laws are passed and how many Million Man or Million More marches we may want to have, the fact will still remain, the white man does not want us to have any say in a land the he fought for and claimed, and nothing's going to change that...Afrika for Afrikans.

Black people mek wi wise and ovastand wiself...Afrika for Afrikans! Let's not let Marcus Garvey's works and efforts go in vain!

Rastafari!

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
jahtiger

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 05:52:33 AM »

Greetings my brethren, we can never overlook the works of Hon Marcus Mosiah Garvey. This man a prophet and it is time black people see him as such and heed to his words which are prophecies to be fufilled. Because without a prophet there would be no vision. The visions have been set and it is time we see to its fufilment. Repatriation is a must, the only way for fundamental peace on earth.
Give thanks my brethren. Holy Mount Zion is INI home
Ras Eliyah

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:24:56 AM »

Blessed all,
Until the black peoples realise that there destiny is africa and not usa or europe, the calls for repatriation wont go anywhere. Africa is crying for its children to pull it out of the many wars, diseases, ignorance which have propagated poverty among its people. we have it all. human resources and natural resources in abundance. the resources could not be wiped out my slavery or colonialism. its sad that the present day african leaders are just there to consume but not create. As an african brought and living in africa(kenya), what i see everyday is quite saddening. But my main concern is in our emotional and spiritual wellbeing. We are still slaves of the white man as we still worship their gods and practice their doctrines. CHRISTIANITY WAS USED TO COLONIZE US WHILE ISLAM WAS USED TO ENSLAVE US.
I know my history as it is what helps me understand my future. History has taught me alot.
Marcus M. Garvey never lived in vein. One day africa shall be for africans.
simkele

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 03:46:48 PM »

Surely the spirit of Marcus Garvey lives on. In protest, in defiance, and in determination. The spirit of the prophet has been validated, and his words have unmasked the horrors of the oppressors again. Marcus wrote, 'look for me in the whirl-wind...' The prophet who departed the once fateful city of New Orleans, in 1927 when he was deported to Jamaica (the beloved place),  has returned in haunting familiarity.As I watched, and the world also watched, our people exposed and stripped of their dignity, struggling and dying in the filth of that place, I remembered Marcus' words. Where are our armies? Where are our ships and our men of substance? Today in America they are still too few, or none existent. And so the prophet was vindicated, clearly seen in the whirl-wind that devastated that wretched city which bore testimony that our people must rise to depend upon God and self.New Orleans has shown again, that Marcus Garvey was right...
Black Samson

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 02:11:19 AM »

Holy Immanuel I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI..

Black people will never get anywhere in this country because this very institution is set up for white people and by white people. It it to benefit them only. Capitalism as well as white supremacy is a means to place everyone else at the bottom of the barrel in this society. We are at the bottom of the economic pool, we send our children to a school that instills into them a white supremist education. Poverty and unemployment isn't improving as well as the constant injustice we face as a people in this country, police terrorism (brutality) is still in effect. You have the youth doing anything to chase the Amerikkkan dream, not having any real morals or values in life but "money, ice and the latest gear". Many brothers constantly disrespect their sisters while our sisters degrade themselves. Men forsaking their responsibility to as fathers leaving the woman to raise the youth on her own. Living in this Babylon society has really destroyed the African family structure. I see young brothers and sistas reducing themselves to "sodomites" following this trend that Babylon is trying to force everyone to accept. The prison system is set up for the purpose of incarcerating black men......It is really time for us to leave. Every since we were brought here, it has been hell because we are following a culture that is not in our nature as Africans and is design for us to fail. Only in Afrika will we advance as a people because we will have our own government, our own economic system, our own political structure, our own traditions and our own culture FOR BLACK PEOPLE AND BY BLACK PEOPLE..That is the only way we will be truly liberated. Anything else is a waste of time in my opinion.. Let's take heed to Prophet Marcus Garvey's words and leave Babylon and let ZION be our destiny..

Holy Immanuel I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI..

seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 02:55:13 PM »

peace and hotep,

if diasporic africans repatriated themselves 'back to africa', how would they then defend the continent from the aggressions of the smartest and most powerful people of the known universe? by what means do we have at our disposal to defend ourselves from the White Supremacist Racist?  africans and other non-white nations have yet to develop a military industrial complex which could compete withe the west. why?

freedomisahapislave
melaninmagic

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 05:08:23 PM »

Indeed,

I've always been trying to explain to Africans in Amerikkka that our real home is not here or anywhere else BUT Africa. Any benefits that Africans acquired while living here were never by design, but by coincidence. It was never the intent of Europeans to steal someone elses land just so that their ex-slaves could benefit from such slaughter and pilferage.

The only reason why so many Africans in America are relatively wealthy compared to the rest of the world while living here or in Europe, is because here we are CLOSEST in proximity to where 'white privelege' is located. Obviously, the closer anyone is to a Eurpoean, the easier it is to catch some of the blood money that trickles out of their hands.

We need to stop thinking that we will ever be accepted by the vast majority of Europeans, and try to figure out a way to use what we already have to rebuild our real home back in Africa.

Keep the faith.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: