Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:38:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 60 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  why does ur foreign boyfriend try to make u feel small
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: why does ur foreign boyfriend try to make u feel small  (Read 12746 times)
nies

« on: February 14, 2006, 10:28:46 AM »

After dating two diffrent foreign guys,I have come to the conclusion that people of foreign origion  always try to underate  people of other nationalities.Everything is always of a better outlook in their homme country.In my opinion if you are not mature
enough to be able to appriciate other culture they should not crossdate
helena

Roots

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 06:40:50 AM »

Greetings Nies,

Well, it sounds that you did not have good experiences it dating men from different cultures, it can be really difficult, and as you say, it depends on the level of maturity of a person to make a relationship work.
When you are from two, very different cultures, it requires alot of compromise, because you can have even simple differences that in the end can cause very big problems. Things like language, religious beliefs, even the cooking of food.... It all depends on how much you like the person, and more importantly, if the two of you understand each other on a level that is rare to find, within or without your culture. Also, maturity comes into it, to be able to talk and overcome cultural differences.
Nies, maybe the competetive culture is to try to underrate each other, whether from different cultures or not, but not everyone is like this. 

One Love, Helena
ooggooles
AfricaSpeaks Member

I am the living incarnation of my ancestors

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 11:25:20 AM »

After dating two diffrent foreign guys,I have come to the conclusion that people of foreign origion  always try to underate  people of other nationalities.Everything is always of a better outlook in their homme country.In my opinion if you are not mature
enough to be able to appriciate other culture they should not crossdate

Greetings.
Exactly what do you mean by foreign?
By foreign do you mean foreign Black/KMT or non-black?
citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 11:43:45 AM »

it does sound like you've had some bad dating experiemces. as someone who has dated people from several different continents, as well as those is my own area, i would still recommend that if you find another foreigner with whom you have tha connection, you give that person a chance. dating people from other countries can be interesting and mind-opening. as for the problem with them being so into their countries, it is important to remember that no matter where one grows up, that will always be home and dear to them. also, there are diffent measures of what qualifies a better outlook. maybe you should ask them to explain.

if they are simply into bashing your country, however, thay aren't good for you and you're right, they shouldn't cross date
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: