Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:05:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  All Rasta should cut their HAIR. He dont Have Locks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: All Rasta should cut their HAIR. He dont Have Locks  (Read 63327 times)
chatbout

« on: March 27, 2006, 05:13:53 PM »

BECOUSE IF YOU WORSHIP HIM, ARENT YOU SUPPOSED TO BE IN HIS IMAGE, . He EVEN CAME TO JAMAICA AND TOLD YOU All THAT HE WAS NOT GOD.AND YOU STILL THINK HE IS GOD.
chatbout

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 05:17:27 PM »

The bible say you should never cut your locks,  rounds your head, and shave your beard. But it look like to me that he cut his hair a lot of times
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 10:05:43 AM »

well, jesus was a jew, and not christian, so I guess catholics and baptists shouldn't eat pork...and shouldn't be christian. if we should "follow" whom we praise, then christians are way off track.

what religion haile sellassie practised, what diet he held to, how he carried himself, has nothing to do with the rastafari faith. if u wish to learn of the faith, then ask questions and seek truth, but don't speak of and judge what u don't know of.

RASTAFARI LIVES

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 01:23:28 PM »

it's not about the things HAILE SELLASSIE did, but the principles on which he did them. the principles of his lifestyle. we are not trying to copy HIM. christians follow christ, muslims follow mohammed...rasta live upfull based on their own intelligence and consciousness. no cage ting fi rastafari...no belief system.

RASTAFARI LIVES!

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
adeakw

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 12:08:24 PM »

Jesus Christ to European Christians had long brown hair. Then why doesn't every European Christian have long brown hair?
But Anaway, Haile Selassie I is not the final God. Yahshua Ha Mashiach is the way to salavation and everybody needs to know this.
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 06:57:44 PM »

Why is Yahshua Ha Mashiach or whatever he name, the only path to salvation, as opposed to Haile Selassie, Muhammad the so called "last" prophet, Gautama Buddha, or anyone else who is promoted as "the only path to salvation"?
Just cos you say it's so, doesn't make it so. If everyone needs to know this "fact", then prove this "fact" to me.
adeakw

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 11:30:21 AM »

Why is Yahshua Ha Mashiach or whatever he name, the only path to salvation, as opposed to Haile Selassie, Muhammad the so called "last" prophet, Gautama Buddha, or anyone else who is promoted as "the only path to salvation"?
Just cos you say it's so, doesn't make it so. If everyone needs to know this "fact", then prove this "fact" to me.

It's not because I say so but because it is so, it has been so and it will be so for ever. YAHshua died for us, for our sins and then rose again. He is the one that will return and sit on the Throne of David. Great King Haile Selassie I was sent by God to teach us that, yet after years it seems that not everyone understands it. HIM came to tell us about the real God.
Yes, I said that "everyone needs to know this" but that doesn't mean I'm trying to convert anybody. To me every single religion in this world is right as loong as you obey its rules.
I respect Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, Animism, Hinduism. You need to believe in something otherwise you will live in vain. If you are Muslim, Christian, Hindu or whatever and are able to distinguish Good from bad you will live for ever. Still however some don't know this but they will live for ever. Christ died for every single of us. He died for my Muslim friend, for my Christian friend, he died for me. He will come
again and free me, free US. You too. He is the only way to salavation, the only true way. You praise Him unless you praise devil.
S1

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 03:32:11 AM »

BECOUSE IF YOU WORSHIP HIM, ARENT YOU SUPPOSED TO BE IN HIS IMAGE, . He EVEN CAME TO JAMAICA AND TOLD YOU All THAT HE WAS NOT GOD.AND YOU STILL THINK HE IS GOD.
H.I.M. didnt question the locks cause the locks represent the vow of the nazerite prieshood and Selassie respects the bible and the priesthood.
Mossa_Tosta

Roots

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 08:35:38 AM »

"It's not because I say so but because it is so, it has been so and it will be so for ever. YAHshua died for us, for our sins and then rose again. He is the one that will return and sit on the Throne of David. Great King Haile Selassie I was sent by God to teach us that, yet after years it seems that not everyone understands it. HIM came to tell us about the real God."

Many people think Great God will come from the Sky take away everything and make everybody fell high.

RASCHUCKY

if u dont stand 4 somthing u will fall 4 anything

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 04:42:50 PM »

Sheep and shephard

We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules,regulations and rituals created by humans,which were supposed to help
people grow spiritualy.Due to human imperfection religion has become currupt,political,divisive and a tool for power struggle
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 04:08:39 AM »

"It's not because I say so but because it is so, it has been so and it will be so for ever. YAHshua died for us, for our sins and then rose again. He is the one that will return and sit on the Throne of David. Great King Haile Selassie I was sent by God to teach us that, yet after years it seems that not everyone understands it. HIM came to tell us about the real God."

Many people think Great God will come from the Sky take away everything and make everybody fell high.

.....But if you know what life is worth, then you would look for yours on earth/
so now we see the light, stand up for your rights/

To all Rasta man and wombman, stand firm in your faith, and remember while religion is based on "belief" InI as Rasta "knows". Christians believe Jesus will come. InI knows that Jah lives.

Meditate on these Lyrics "Mr. Babylonian Agent"(Chatbout)

Quotes From: Immortal Techique
Song: Point Of no Return

This is the point of no return and nobody can stop it
Malcolm little when he knelt before Elijah Muhammad
The comet that, killed the dinosaurs, changing the earth
They love to criticize they always say I change for the worse
Like prescription pills when you misusing them nigga
The Templar Knights when they took Jerusalem nigga
And figured out what was buried under Solomon's temple
Al Aqsa the name is not coincidental.........................
Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal
This is the last time that I kneel and pray to the sky
Cause almost everything that I was ever told was a lie

Moral of the story Idrens: Beware, the devil can also use the scriptures to further his purpose. Let us not forget bredrens and sistrens that it was this same misuse of the scriptures that kept us enslaved for centuries. Dem lynch mi fatha inna JESUS name, rape mi motha and mi sistah inna JESUS name, burn mi bretha inna JESUS name, and now them want we fi believe the only salvation is inna JESUS name. Yo si whe I di go wit this FAWMLY?

Rasta no worry! Rasta no fret!

PEACE!

RASCHUCKY

if u dont stand 4 somthing u will fall 4 anything

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 11:26:16 PM »

greetings

Dont say anything you dont know......And you are doing that right now...Where you in  Jamaica when he arrived and did you hear him say that? ....I'm sure you didnt because from day one Jamaica has been doing all they can to get him to say it and until now they didnt get a response...Its the queen first who invited H.I.M to england and ask H.I.M to tell the world that he is not.... He he said he was..would you belive then? ...I'm sure you still wouldnt...the HOLY SPIRIT is connected to us SPIRITUALY and he speaks to us spiritually and others physically

We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules,regulations and rituals created by humans,which were supposed to help
people grow spiritualy.Due to human imperfection religion has become currupt,political,divisive and a tool for power struggle
wezekana

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 02:16:03 AM »

H.I.M. said "No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge of the ways of God." That'll do nicely.
Jamaa

WePerceiveTheWorldIncorrectlyAndSayIt'sDeceivingUs

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 12:53:59 PM »

As for locks... I've heard (but the source may not be relieble) that in ethiopian version of rastafari they don't wear locks. What is that you belive about where the idea of dread locks came from? One opinion and i guess the most popular is that it's about being like nazerites and Salomon but what are other opinions?
blackwombman

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 09:09:29 PM »

GREETINS

In the name of the name of the Most High Jah Rastafari -Holy Emmanuel I holy John Marcus I JAH RASTAFARI.
SELAH

Locks are the natural state of a Black Person hair.Even if One nah live life RASTA the natural hair  state of an Aethiopian is Curly like lamb wool DREADLOCKED -its only common sense .INI Wombman wear me locks as according to the order of the Nazarite vow it is INI Livity and that of INI family.Even B4 INI sight the light of RASTAFARI iNi wore locks to signify my Afrikaness and total rejection of an enslaved  colonised westernised mind .We live in a continent ruled by and favouring whites when them sight INI  empress annd Family in our turban viels and robes dem catch a fright dem know the go the African who AWARE of their dignity Nobility.All around INI is weave ons braids relaxed hair cuts etc.. all of them make the coloniser smile the African is lost -him still want to be me the caucasion-Dread locks are imperative  and significant relevent to Black dignity and Emancipation from colonialism and Imperialism.The hair is ones strength  it should not be handled by no one else except family members.Here in Africa if dem want to voodoo u and u lack salvation and hence are voodooable -one strand of your hair is all they need.In the medical world DNA can be traced through the hair.DREADLOCKS ARE STRENGTH.

Blesed Love.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: