Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:25:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 60 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Essays and Reasonings (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Racism still affects world's No. 1 golfer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Racism still affects world's No. 1 golfer  (Read 7906 times)
Ayinde
Ayinde

« on: April 03, 2006, 10:39:16 PM »

Sunday, April 02, 2006
By Scott Michaux
Staff Writer

If you ask Earl Woods what race his son Tiger represents, the answer is always simple.

"The human race," he says of the world's No. 1 golfer, whose ancestry includes Thai, Chinese, American Indian, African and European bloodlines.

Unfortunately, much of the world still sees things as black or white, as the hate mail and death threats Woods has received through the years illustrate.

"They let your ass know you're black when you get the hate mail," said Charles Barkley, a former NBA player who describes racism as the "greatest counselor" of his life. "They're not sending Asian people hate mail. They're only sending brothers hate mail.

"I understand he wants to be race-neutral, and I think we all want to be race-neutral. He doesn't have that luxury. Unfortunately we live in a racist society. They make you choose. People make you choose. Society makes you choose. That's just the way it is.

"I wish nobody thought about race, but that's just not the way the world works. It's sad and ignorant, but that's just how it is."

Full Article ...
http://www.augusta.com/stories/040206/mas_74747.shtml
KADEKN

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 05:55:10 PM »

IS IT ME OR IS IT THAT THE AFRICAN RACE ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE LOOKING AT THE STATE OF RACIAL DISUNITY THROUGH ROSE COLORED LENSES. WHY IS IT SO HARD TO SEE THAT ON A LARGER SCHEME EUROPEANS HAVE A RACIST AND OPPRESSIVE AGENDA THAT THEY LIVE BY. THEY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE THAT THEY SEE NO DIFFERENCES IN THE RACES. EVERYTHING AIN'T ALL ROSES. YOU LOOK AT THE MAJOR INSTITUTIONS IN THIS COUNTRY AND WHO'S OWNING AND OPERATING THEM. THE SO-CALLED JUSTICE SYSTEM: THE PRISONS SPEAK FOR THAT. EDUCATION SYSTEM: PRISON SPEAKS FOR THAT TOO. THE MEDIA: ALWAYS SHOWING A BROTHER GOING TO PRISON. THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY: BROTHERS PORTRAYING BROTHERS GOING TO PRISON. BUT THIS AIN'T JUST ABOUT PRISONS. THEY TEACH US TO BELIEVE WE ARE LESS THAN THE KINGS AND QUEENS WE ARE BY SUBMERGING THIS LESSON IN ALL MAJOR INSTITUTIONS, SO WHEN RACISM EMERGES AT ITS MOST LOWEST INEFFECTIVE LEVELS SUCH AS KKK AND HATE MAIL WE FEEL THAT SUCH HATE IS LIMITED TO JUST A FEW " WHITE FOLKS ". I BET A LOT OF US THINK OF RACISM AS A FORM OF HATE FROM SOME HOOD WEARIN POT BELLIED PIG LOOKIN HILLBILLIE NO TEETH HAVIN CORN LIQUOR DRINKIN ARMPIT SMELLIN BACKWOODS LIVIN WHITE PERSON. YOU'RE DEAD WRONG. AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THIS RACE WILL BE IF WE DON'T TAKE OFF THOSE BLINDERS. I'M MORE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW THE IRS, CIA, ATF, HELL EVEN CNN EFFECTS THE WAY WE LIVE THAN A KLANSMAN OR SOME HATE MAIL. THINK BIG. PEACE.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: