Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:51:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 92 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  caught between rock and hard place
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: caught between rock and hard place  (Read 15403 times)
afrikanrebel06

« on: April 19, 2006, 03:47:32 PM »

brothers and sisters!

i am caught between a rock and hard place,i live in toronto ontario,among rasta christians.black christians.
blackmuslisms,etc right,people here assume,you can be only coscious if u are rasta woman or men,the founder of the rastafarian movement was leonard howell, i am outta luck coz, cant finda conscious sister here in toronto,that is not rasta,because afrikan rastas in the motherland,behave differently than some of the people that i met over here,i have seen few rasras here,with white/yurugu/european women,whuts up with dat yall? Huh
CaribIZ

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 06:36:29 PM »

Living in multi -cultural society is all I know . And everywhere you go here , there is a different opinion on conciousness too. I don't have dreadlocks but alot of my friends do and we often visit a reggae club where a lot of rasta attend . Pure conciuosness atleast I think . It's a beauty to be pure, natural and true to who you are. Being caught caught between rock and a beautiful place. Two Thumbs hehe   
KADEKN

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 07:30:04 PM »

ANYWHERE YOU GO ON THIS CONTINENT, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THOSE PEOPLE WHO LIKE THE IDEA OF WEARING AFRICAN GARB OR HAIRSTYLES. THEY MAY EVEN QUOTE SOMETHING PROFOUND ABOUT SPIRITUALITY; HOWEVER, THEY'RE STILL PERPETUATING WESTERN IDEAS BECAUSE PSYCHOLOGICALLY THE CULTURE IS SO DEEPLY ROOTED. CALL IT SPLIT PERSONALITY. I THINK ALL AFRICANS IN AMERICA SUFFER WITH IT TO SOME DEGREE. IT'S ALL ABOUT WHERE YOU ARE IN YOUR GROWTH. AND THEN AGAIN MAYBE SOME JUST LIKE THE IMAGE AND THERE'S NOTHING DEEPER TO BE FOUND. IF THAT'S THE CASE DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.
ooggooles
AfricaSpeaks Member

I am the living incarnation of my ancestors

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 10:59:26 AM »

Greetings.
Locks are not a gurantee of having conciousness.
I disagree with why you trimmed your locks, but that is your personal business.
Some men who are really boys at play who can't find conscious sisters throw their pride away.
Some turn battyman/homosexual/chi-chi-man also known as gay.
Some look for a white woman with some dream of brighter days.
I go by the motto that good things comes to those who wait.
I will sorround my self with posotive vibes for I know that is the only thing that will enable me to survive.
I will wait as long as necessary to find that sista that is meant for me
by way of devine or Ivine destinity. 
wezekana

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 02:34:26 AM »

I like your sig qoute...

" comer thee, all, leaves of the same branch, branch of the same trees, nurtured by the waters and rivers of Africa, come to work with us, tirelessly, towards a non racial governance"

Robert Magaleso Subukwe, South Africa
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: