Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:27:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  In need of insight.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: In need of insight.  (Read 14105 times)
KADEKN

« on: April 25, 2006, 11:00:47 AM »

This question is for anyone and everyone studying or shall I say living African Spiritual Culture. What made you choose the particular society you study with; or did the society choose you? How do you know which one fits your person so that you obtain the maximum knowledge for developing your spirit and reconnecting with the self? How is being in a society beneficial to you?
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 04:22:21 PM »

greetings of peace and serenity!

well,as an afrikan from the diaspora,let me quote franz fannon for you" de colonization is violent process!"
i grew up catholic,in one of the countries with large afrikan population,brazil,it was in my early 25 years of age,that i realized that catholicism wasnt working for me,growing up,i saw,and learned everytime,that my grandmother came from the chruch,would always be argument in my house anda heavy negative energy always hovered around me,i kept wondering,hmm,everytime,i go to that damn church and pray,something always happened to me,i chose ifa,because it is ancient afrikan tradition,dating back to kemet,the kemetic deities are the same as the yorubic ones,even moses wasa high priest in kemet, actually,i dont belong toa society,or havea spiritual family,i live in place,with 500 000 blacks,waiting to be taken for the slaughter,among african christians,rastas,and west indian christians,who thinks that afrikan spirituality is evil,when little do they know,that christianity is deep into freemasonry,and so does catholicism practises human sacrifice in the vatican.
 i try to be in harmony with the universe and in alignment it is not easy,because,there is no sage or shaman to work with and it is by trial and error and lots of readings and lots of practising,ya know.
i am way from cuba,brazil or afrika,even amerika,where it is practsed,i do my rituals day and day out.i keep reading about afrikan mystery system and hope one day my ancestors will connect me with someone or somebody that is willing to teach me,like the great aimee nlll olenga. Two Thumbs
KADEKN

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 06:30:22 PM »

THANKS FOR THE REPLY AFRIKANREBEL. I THINK MOST OF US HERE CAN RELATE TO THE AWAKENING THAT HAPPENS IN THE TRANSITION FROM TRADITIONAL EUROCENTRIC RELIGIONS TO FINDING WHAT I LIKE TO CALL TRUTH. FOR A LONG TIME I TOO QUESTIONED THE DOCTRINE THAT I WAS RAISED TO BELIEVE IN. I LOOKED AT THE HISTORY IN WHICH THESE BELIEFS HAD BEEN PASSED FROM ONE GENERATION TO THE NEXT. DURING THE TRANSITIONAL PERIOD I WOULD CHALLENGE CHRISTIANS ON HOW WE THE AFRICAN PEOPLE IN AMERICA CAME TO ADOPT THOSE IDEAS. WHY WAS THE PICTURE OF JESUS IN MY PARENT'S CHURCH A WHITE MAN? DOES THAT MEAN THE SAME PEOPLE WHO ENSLAVED US ALSO SAVED US? THESE ARE JUST THE TIP OF THE QUESTIONS I HAD. NO ONE HAD AN ANSWER SO I LOOKED INWARD AND I TRUSTED WHAT WAS REVEALED TO ME. EVERY PART OF MY BEING KNOWS WHAT I HOLD AND CHERISH TO BE TRUTH. I NEED A FOUNDATION, A NEW WAY OF LIVING AND COMMUNICATING WHAT I KNOW IS TRUTH. THAT IS WHY I'M INTERESTED IN KNOWING HOW OTHERS FOUND A HOME OR PLACE IN THEIR SOCIETY. HOW DO YOU KNOW? SHOULD I DO A READING ON IT?
OlOrisa_Olokun

Orisa Priest in Training

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 01:26:20 PM »

every system has a process by where your Ancestors give their permission for you to formally join and practice a particular Afrikan Spiritual System. if you are not somewhere this can be done for you, you practice knowing that in the future your Ancestors may redirect you to something else, or very well confirm your decision.

Mailing Addresses and Phone Numbers for Traditional African Religion Communities Temples & Priests in U.S. Listed by State
http://rootsandrooted.org/temple_sites_mailing_phone.htm

When we have the determination to restrain our lower desires, the door is opened for us to fulfill our highest aspirations.
ehotep

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 04:18:52 PM »

greetings of peace and serenity!

well,as an afrikan from the diaspora,let me quote franz fannon for you" de colonization is violent process!"
i grew up catholic,in one of the countries with large afrikan population,brazil,it was in my early 25 years of age,that i realized that catholicism wasnt working for me,growing up,i saw,and learned everytime,that my grandmother came from the chruch,would always be argument in my house anda heavy negative energy always hovered around me,i kept wondering,hmm,everytime,i go to that damn church and pray,something always happened to me,i chose ifa,because it is ancient afrikan tradition,dating back to kemet,the kemetic deities are the same as the yorubic ones,even moses wasa high priest in kemet, actually,i dont belong toa society,or havea spiritual family,i live in place,with 500 000 blacks,waiting to be taken for the slaughter,among african christians,rastas,and west indian christians,who thinks that afrikan spirituality is evil,when little do they know,that christianity is deep into freemasonry,and so does catholicism practises human sacrifice in the vatican.
 i try to be in harmony with the universe and in alignment it is not easy,because,there is no sage or shaman to work with and it is by trial and error and lots of readings and lots of practising,ya know.
i am way from cuba,brazil or afrika,even amerika,where it is practsed,i do my rituals day and day out.i keep reading about afrikan mystery system and hope one day my ancestors will connect me with someone or somebody that is willing to teach me,like the great aimee nlll olenga. Two Thumbs

Great Post
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: