Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:07:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 59 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  Whites and Rastafari culture..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Whites and Rastafari culture..  (Read 11554 times)
rascarey

« on: July 09, 2006, 10:43:51 AM »

Ises
To answer a question posted Melininmagic, I am a (white ) man in my thirties who was raised in the new england area of the u.s.a. as a catholic. As a teenager I found myself attracted to pagan similarities to the catholic church as well as in the area wich i lived in. Eventually I studied all forms of "paganism" wich led me to eastern religion, buddism hinduism muslim orthodox christianity, a long side of these studies i began to discover a musical talent through drums and rythum about the same time i began to study north american shamanic meditation . At a pow wow in massachusetts
i heard the navajo and cherroke warrior listening to reggae music ,Burning Spear to be acurate the african chanting style and repetative rythum was a familiar thing to the native shamans of north america.
At this time I had no knowledge of the rastafari movement . I began to study the "music of the kings"(reggae) wich led me to shows and concerts where I began to reason with rasta bredren on religion and politics. I was invited to attend a nyabinghi drum circle to play with some of my musical freinds. Surprised was I to hear christian hymms and passages from psalms and revelations, later iwas given a printed copy of the khebra neghast and the book of enoch as well as a book entiteled the utterances of HIM.
It wasnt untill i read a book on rastafari (no names) did I learn of the hipocracy that existed within the black diaspora. Not once did selassie say seperate theyself from thy neihbor or judge men by their color .

JAH RASTAFARI IS THE LIGHT AND SALVATION FOR ALL MEN HE WILL SET ALL THE CAPTIVES FREE
"UNTIL THE PHILOSOPHY THAT HOLD ONE RACE SUPERIOR IS UTTERLY AND PERMANTLEY DISCREDITED THEY'LL BE ALWAYS WAR..."
melaninmagic

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 01:51:40 PM »

Greetings rascary,

I see where you are coming from. What is your current position on the following issues:

1) Reparations.
2) Africa for Africans and members of the African Diaspora first

Thanks.

Keep the faith.
rascarey

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 11:33:52 PM »

Bless
I appriciate the response.
  On repatriation; as a white man it is a return to natural living, away from the propaganda, and false doctrine of the capitalist monsters. I was not stolen from my culture, but the culture has been long hidden from my eyes.
   On africa for africans, and other diasporatic movements, I agree with education of the youth on historical truths and cultural stigmas but when we start talking about race decrimination(honky rasta) the movement loses ground and takes a step tword oppression.The idea of diversity has segregated all people in the u.s.a. .The class based society is what makes the new world order thrive...in other words they dont want us (blacks whites browns reds yellow)to be involved in any organized HUMAN MOVEMENT wich I belive is what sellassie was trying to relate.
BREAK THE CHAIN
HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF SELF DETERMINATION
TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBORS
PRAISE JAH AND LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: