Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:51:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 25 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Essays and Reasonings (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  H.I.M and Marcus Garvey
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: H.I.M and Marcus Garvey  (Read 12705 times)
Black Samson

« on: August 27, 2006, 03:16:50 PM »

According to some information I ran across, Marcus Garvey was critical of HIM for some of his actions. Are anyone familiar with this?

Rastafari
natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:17:16 AM »

Yes he [Marcus Garvey] was. He wasn't in support of how His Majesty handled the Italian war. He thought he was too dependent on prayer and God. He thought he could've done a better job preparing Ethiopia for defence against Italy's facist aggression. And he had some 'strong' words to say about it. He disrespected the MOST HIGH...

He died...poor and lonely in England, not living long enough to see Ethiopia's triumph. Doubtful thomas...KNOW, that HAILE SELASSIE I is the ALMIGHTY.

But I love Marcus Garvey! One God. One Aim. One Destiny. Relevant works Garvey carry on...

Ises.

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
melaninmagic

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 12:15:13 PM »

Yes, these two individuals had conflicting viewpoints in that particular timeline.

Realise however, that neither of these individuals could have adequately predicted the nature of these oppressive conditions that African peoples the world over now face in the 21st century, nor exactly how this current system would have been constructed to perpetuate this oppression. It would be asking too much for us to expect mere mortals to make such predictions.

However, had they been alive today and made privy to the full scope of Global Racism/White Supremacy 21st century 'Amerikkkan' style, I am of the firm opinion that these two individuals would have eventually formed a synthesis of ideology based on the brilliant thesis of Marcus Garvey and the equally brilliant anti-thesis of Haile Selassie.

Both of these individuals had the common good of the African people in mind. Never forget this.
jahcreole1983

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 09:58:11 AM »

Yes it is true that brother marcus did disagree with the great HIM Haile Selassie...so what!!!..is this whats important my brothers?...lets not let our minds go bak to the way that babylon has programmed us to be, divisive. what is important is that the both of these great men loved black people and spent their whole lives wroking towars the advancement
keykey

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 01:49:49 PM »

Thanks 4 that positive reply rascreole....Unity 4 for us all.
Didn't Marcus tell us Look to East where a King shall be crowned?
Everyone has disagreements and HIM did what his intuition told him 2 do.

Jah works in mysterious ways....the issue between Marcus & H.I.M could be a trial for the weak at heart whom claim Rastafari was a bad man. From time to time this story pops up when reasoning about the Most High.

A tree without its roots is like people without knowledge...(Marcus Garvey's words)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: