Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  white and rasta (please write back)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: white and rasta (please write back)  (Read 100608 times)
young_rastah

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »

I explained Delilah to her once and how she cut Samson's locks, but many Chinese I have met (from China) don't follow the bible, nor does she have much interest.  I read parts mostly of the old testament, though I've read it all before. So neither of us consider it behind her back, it's mostly ironic.  We do love each other. 

No on the 7 year old girls.  Babylon does fine brainwashing and divides well without confrontation.  In America where I live, the political system long ago stopped representing the people.  I'll read Essential Reasonings.

I read briefly on white privilege.  I don't support that as an individual nor would I ever consciously.  I don't deny racism happening but my area is not visibly racist.  I grew up with little interest in race.  I do discriminate against gangsters and druggies at my job though (which are both black and white, not so many Hispanics though, even though there are a lot of Hispanics in the area).
rjd

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »

i am not a rasta, i am black, but this topic relly sparked my interest.........................

To the young white rastas who have posted on this forum, i like fact that they recognise that the lord does not see colour but the that faith we have in him is what is important..................As a young adult, i will encourage them to continue with their faith, and regardless of the negative comments by others..............please remember to stay true to yourselves and remember god is king.............
Ravenmikhail

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »

I just found this post. I have read everything and there is a lot here. I see a lot of love and hate in these post. I am not a Rasta but I am learning all I can about it. For one, I know that it is not a religion, it is a way of living. Most wear dreads, don't eat pork;salt; drink anything with caffeine in it. Their beliefs are based on the bible. There is a lot that I do not yet know but I am in the process of educating myself about. I have been trying to learn from many Rastas instead of by going by what you can find on the internet. For over a month now I have been eating Ital foods trying to clean my body, no razor has touched my head in over three months, my hair is locking on its own. I know that the Rasta movement started in Jamaica in the 1930's, there were a lot of Rasta that hated white people but the more Rasta's I encounter now, they do not see race or color, they see all men the same under Jah's love. I do not like anyone that is racist, I work with a man that is and we are always going at each other over his comments. All people should be treated equal no matter what color or sex that they are. Haile Selassie I felt the same way about all race and people. I would love to talk to anyone on here that would like to help me learn and grow as a person.
NaturalIrie
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 01:36:55 AM »

Hello bredren and sistren. First off, I want to start off by stating that I am a white 18 year old man. I come here to this message board with Love and Inity, at a humble state of mind. InI feel that Jah does not judge by color or creed, but rather by actions and the condition of our whole existence. InI feel as though that the instinct of all of our bredren and sistren is to seek Jah. Many obstacles corrupt and take away this instinct. As far as the topic at hand of this message board, as it says in the Holy Bible "Many are called, few are chosen". Race does not instill the Loving Spirit of Jah to come into InI, but rather the heart. Any race or nationality is called to be Rasta, gain Livity and live a progressive lifestyle. No one has the right to judge anyone.... ever. So with that being said, praise to the Most High Jah!
admin
Admin

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 09:17:52 PM »

NaturalIrie, your account was deleted by accident while clearing away spam accounts. Do register again with the same email address.
O.L.O.W.

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »

I understand how you feel. As I am asian and rasta. I live with peace, but others still judge. It doesnt affect me any more. You are who you are and if you are rasta then let it be praised. Jah beckons all of his children back to him.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: