Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:38:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 31 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  Need some guidance in dis concrete jungle!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need some guidance in dis concrete jungle!  (Read 21507 times)
African_Disciple

« on: January 29, 2007, 03:43:23 PM »

Greetings brethren and sistren. InI have one thing I need to reason about. I'd love to get advice from someone who is elder and therefore more wise than I but I also would appreciate a reply from anyone.
 I am a male 19 yr old and live in tashkent, uzbekistan. My ethnicity is korean/russian. I came to path of Rastafari 2,5 years ago or so and been growing dreadlocks from that very time. People in this city are absolutely ignorant of Rastafari culture, and African culture in general, because most native Uzbek people I guess know only their own and european-russian cultures, and russians, koreans and other nationalities are more "eurocentric" and a very few of them know only stereotypical things like ganja and reggae or know nothing at all and associate me with hip-hop or something else. Can't you agree, that African culture is not so much in the media and "education"(especially soviet and post-soviet) than european and asian! The problem is, "dem badda mi"! When I walk on the street or when I enter the transport, I always get stared at, some turn their faces out to laugh, and some whisper about "damn what's this ting on his head?" I wouldn't care about it so much, because it is nothing but ignorance, but when some boyz my age or little older (often native, but not always) start to "diss" me and laugh to my face... I'm very confused what to do in this case, because things like that just make me go crazy. First I cussed back, stared down everybody who stared at me and thing, but this didn't lead me to nothing but depression and negativity. I would stay that way, if not recent Sighting of HIM in Ithiopia, which made me to wake up and lifted my spirit! Now I have more tolerance, but everything still BOILS in me when things like that happen. I know this aint right, and Iman must have overstanding of things but is it right to stay calm when somebody insults and laughs at you? I should tell that I'm not a hooligan or "bad boy" and never been, and never will I hope; I praise Jah for showing me the right way and blessing me with Truth, I think I'm confused and need some guidance... Blessings and thanks in advance.
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 09:47:26 PM »

Blessins Bredren

Hotep (peace) First of all, well bredren I am 19 as well but i would like to put in my 2 cents as well, bredren i have been fari for 3 yrs going 4 and I would be honest with you what you are going through are trials and tribulations to see if you can stay on the trod or if u going to fall off and return to ur western ways, I mean yes i have been stared,scorn even lost friends but bredren u must be as strong as a lion and pray to the father everyday to give you guidance and not to look or judge those who judge you and look upon and dont know the truth of themselves.
Bredren once you know who you are and what you believe and keep the faith DO NOT let them get you down when they diss you act like you dont care what they say or act like you didnt hear them.
It is possible to remain calm when persons insult u, the more you read your ible and the more you try to cleanse you thoughts u can achieve than inner peace where u can tune them out.

Hotep and guidance

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
siger

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 11:10:47 PM »

Forgive me,
this is personal, and has nothing to do with the article,......
To Poetic Princess,

A 19 yr old moderator! How on Jah's earth did you do that?

Siger.

ps:- i always had you figured for a........may be i sh'dn't.

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 12:07:59 AM »

Blessings Siger

Yes I am a 19 year old  Moderator,on the young adults forum, hard to believe i guess. I believed I did it by  showing I am a bit wiser than my years,showing I can be a listener and also I reasoned and chatted among the elders on this board for a while before i became a moderator, and i kind of think it is fitting for some one who is young and exempts good traits to moderate a young adult board because that person too is a young adult and they know and can identify with persons who post in the youth forum.

And what did u always figured me as

please continue

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
African_Disciple

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 05:51:41 PM »

Greetings, Poetic Princess, Siger.

Poetic Princess, InI give thanks for your uplifting reply. You are truly wise for our age, and I think you fully deserve your post of moderator and your title of Princess. The first thing for InI in this tribulations is indeed to keep our faith and trust in HIM. I'll try to follow your lead, and I hope nothing will take me off now. I think I just got tired of constant pressure and my feet led me to the darkness.. Give thanks for your help. Jah bless.
siger

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 02:58:36 AM »

I concur, African-Disciple, there is an unusual wisdom to her. That of someone who has found calmity in a bevy of uncertainty; akin to the look and voice of a young mother (which is wat i had figured....).
Big ups though, u remind me of an African woman i know/knew......
I'm turning 20 in a few months, which explains my curiosity.

To the general reasoning, a pot of advice to the African_Disciple....

My advice is- you dont need any. You are standing in the eye of a storm; and thats the point. YOU ARE STANDING! A lone rasta in the blue, and still you show greatness that stiffles them. I think thats wot they cant understand, why they keep dissing and chucking at you. They do not know that Lions dont bow.

Now I have more tolerance, but everything still BOILS in me when things like that happen. I know this aint right,....

ANd that is where i disagree, i believe it is right that it BOILS in you. (and not out of you) It shows that you care.... and that is very important, i think.
It is the frustration of yo predicament that bothers you, but like you figured out how to respond to their un-understanding taunts, i have faith that you'll figure yo way out of that too.

My thoughts,
Siger

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Makini
Makini

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 07:21:27 AM »

can i be silly: ha, that makes me older than the three of you

Anyway woman lap up the praise, but with humility....'someone who has found calmity in a bevy of uncertainty'

thats some good advice for anybody really siger!

'there is one truth but at least two ways to reach it through religion and through philosophy'

African_Disciple

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 10:31:52 AM »

It is the frustration of yo predicament that bothers you, but like you figured out how to respond to their un-understanding taunts, i have faith that you'll figure yo way out of that too.

I hope so, brethren. I thought it wasn't right to keep it inside, so when it went out, I had brawls almost everyday and that was awful. ("If you get down and you quarrel everyday....") I suffered both from them and from myself. The anger is indeed not good, but realizing is important. Thanks for your kind words. Really, most "advices" I had from people who surrounds me, were cutting and trimming..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: