Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:17:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 139 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  The Question Of Supremacy.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Question Of Supremacy.  (Read 35419 times)
siger

« on: February 12, 2007, 02:04:11 AM »

I've been going through some of the older posts (esp. in the Bag), and i've been struck by the relevance given to the concept of racial supremacy, as reason for the on-going discrimination.

In support of this reasoning, we have been offered the notion of priviledge and bias, afforded to one race at the expense of others. Hence the concept of "White Supremacy". Born of the current winds, that notion has impeded the progress of other people's; causing frustration and discontent.

This is all true.
But is this Supremacy?

My lay-man's definition of supremacy would be a real mental, physical, or other advantage one party holds over the other. Key emphasis on the word REAL.
A man bearing a spear would have an advantage over me in an encounter, if i had none. That is a superior disposition. However, if i had a basket, and knew how to disable his striking power with it, that advantage would cease to exist. <Adulterated from a tribal saying of ours: The man without a shield, will pick up a basket.>

The idea, therefore, that there is such a thing as White Supremacy, has failed to rest with me. Supremacy over what? Does his tone better mine? Does he have a higher understanding of life than my brother does?
No. It is because his wealthy brother will be more inclined to share his wife with him, than with me.
(And i'm not complaining)

In my short stay in the States, i have come to believe that people, regardless of race, are more inclined to smile with a black man on the street, than with a white dude. I believe that the black man cherishes more the idea of family, of companionship and equality. All these, can be termed as superior traits, in their own way.

So, what is this with White Supremacy?
Elder Ayinde rightly labels it False White Supremacy.
Elder Ras_Nevoe emboldens it, and describes it as a lie.

I say it is an illusion. There is no race superior to mine, for the simple fact that it is mine.

My thoughts,
Siger.

Ps. Midway through this article i was struck by a thought, 'Siger, you reason like a potato.......hehehehe!"

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »

I see what you're getting at, and i'm glad you did give it some thought, atleast. I don't agree with you, but atleast we get to reason with each other about it.

I will post my comment later, right now i'm out of time.
African_Disciple

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:32:05 PM »

Greetings. I think I would agree with the idea, that white supremacy is rather an illusion, maintained by the system to keep others in mental bondage. Many don't even realize the existance of this bondage. Domination in the media and history books, "mainstream education" and the like makes other people (and even themselves) think that white people are more clever/civilized/whatever than everyone else, and it is just taken as a due, because it is planted from the school days. And that makes people think like europe is a craddle of civilization and thing and everything european is good and everybody else goes on the second plan. It was very hard for me to break this chains..
c0cc0

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 04:21:03 PM »

All of that stuff was created to make someone else feel bad about themselves, and therefore easier to conquer.
 You don't have to believe that stuff, it only works when you believe that you are meant to live as if you are inferior and get mad because you think you can't do anything about it.
 More evidence is coming up about Africa, stuff about how while the civilizations of eastern Africa (Nubia, Egypt) were already up and running long before Greece was established  and how Greece 'took off' after learning of Egypt's mathematics and sciences. It's pretty much established now that we are all out of Africa, and still, it isn't doing anything to affect how black people live by European beauty standards, and doesn't make one black person stop shooting another for a petty reason and all that crap. If it is, let me know and make my week.
Those European 'scholars' thought that the ancient Egyptians were not black like the modern African, but rather dark Caucasians. Everyone becomes stupid by the idea of a racial supremacy. Black scholars tend to go to the extreme and claim everything from Western culture and say that some Greek prodigy was black too, and ruin what little credibility there may have been for themselves or other black scholars in an desperate attempt to cease white supremacy.
I guess the concept of objective thought is at a loss. Huh
Horus

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 01:20:22 PM »

The Caucasian wants you to think that he is the original man so that he can be superior to you. Through his educational system and the media. The Caucasian is able to perpetuate that superior image of himself by disguising it as history. Yet, we know that his-story is just that, his-lie (as in “told a story”).
Boogieman

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 03:40:24 AM »

White supremacy is like the system in the movie Matrix. You are born into slavery. it's a Babylon system. There are many kinds of white supremacist. The important thing is not to be fooled in thinking that the only white supremacists are rednecks or some nazi skinheads... No, they are mostly stupid kids ,rather a shame to the whole white supremacy system, uneducated and stupid. The most important white supremacist is the big man, witch we can't see. It's a system witch can only be broken from the inside. "The biggest trick the devil pulled is to convince everyone he doesn't exist" So it is with White Supremacy , the two are both conected , because Seth and White Supremacy is the wicked. The only illusion about White supremacy is that it makes you believe it doesn't exist, if you think that way , you are already brainwashed.
Hotep.
Most High.

Babylon will fall
melaninmagic

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 09:23:09 AM »

Greetings,

You might want to use this as a reference:

http://www.counter-racism.com/cgi-bin/work-study/viewtopic.php?t=13

White Supremacy:

(1) The direct or indirect subjugation of all “non-white” people by white people, for the basic purpose of “pleasing” and/or serving any or all “white” persons, at all times, in all places, in all areas of people activity, including Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex and War.

(2) The only functional Racism, in existence, among the people of the known universe, that is based on “color” and/or “anti-color” in the physical make-up or physical appearance of persons.

(3) Racism “for the sake of” Racism.

Those definitions are in my opinion the only FUNCTIONAL definitions (definitions that make logical sense and WORK) based on my actual observations.

Rather than fixate on trying to prove it's existance, wouldn't it be more logical to find solutions to the problem that would help replace this unjust system with a system of JUSTICE? i.e. Replace Racism/White Supremacy with a system that guarantees that no one is mistreated, and guarantees that the individual who needs help the most receives the most help.

What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Boogieman

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 11:27:36 AM »

First of all I will say that I'm white and i'm born to the system being the one with the white privilege. Since white people make about 95% of the population or even more, i can't say I am using my white privilege in education, jobs etc. But I see that potentially I could be using if I come in some country where the system exists.
It's not coincidental that InI assimilated White Supremacy system with the Matrix system , since the original script was written by a Afrikan women and was called "Third eye vision"
Personally I like this quote from the movie: 
"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."
The same is with white supremacy , since people are brainwashed to live in the system and to take it for granted(I don't know how else to say) as something reall as sun or clouds or houses.
White people are brainwashed to think that they are better than everyone else, even the one that see the  system exists are not willing to loose or acknowledge the white privilege. Many non-white people don't see it either , they live in mental bondage. And all who depend on it will fight to protect it consciously or subconsciously.
Justice is a beautiful word , so is love so is unity. But since there is wicked , Babylon will divide and conquer. But when the Judgment day a come everything will come in it's place. The wicked will burn.
hotep.
Most high.   

Babylon will fall
melaninmagic

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 01:13:59 PM »

Boogieman,

As a 'white person' that understands of the existance of Racism/White Supremacy, and the role that all persons classified as white play under this system, do you have any advise to give to non-white persons such as myself as to some effective strategies/techniques that can be used to counter those persons classified as white who are functioning, or suspected to be functioning as racist/white supremacists?

I have found that when a 'White' person functions as a Racist/White Supremacist by mistreating a non-white person based on color in one or more of the areas of human interaction (Education, Entertainment, Economics, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex and War), it is done in such a way that it is practically  impossible for a non-white person to expose this individual for what they are doing.

You are in a unique position in that you have the ability to function as the 'spook by the door' by being able to function as a 'White' person.

Keep the faith.
Boogieman

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 01:58:13 PM »

melaninmagic I can't help much. But the important thing is to listen and to analyze when a white person is talking, many times you can expose one who is racist , sometimes that person doesn't even consider himself or herself racist, sometimes it's subconscious , the one that are subconsciously racist you can expose very fast by speaking  with them, because them selfs aren't exposed of their racism. But the ones who are the conscious racists (if they aren't some rednecks or other wolfs in wolfs clothing) you can't expose so easily because they will be very picky with their words ,but if you know what to look for and you can listen and analyze cerefully you can see the wolf in them.
As i said i can't help much , because i haven't been a victim of the system, I have not seen the downpressed side of view , of course I could say that I may know how it feels , but in reallity I will never know , I would never feel it with my own skin(literally). Though somethings I see as being a white person amongst other whites I see the racist thoughts and hear racist words because I'm white they are white, so they take think I'm on the same level as them....
Hotep
Most High 

Babylon will fall
melaninmagic

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 04:07:15 PM »

I see.

I appreciate your honesty.

One last question: In your opinion, what are some of the things that a group of 'White Persons' who may or may not be functioning overtly as a racist/white supremacist say or do while not in the presence of other non-white individuals?

Thanks.

Keep the Faith

Boogieman

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 02:07:41 AM »

Simple racist things nothing BIG. Things like calling names, telling racist anecdotes etc. I remember two examples of conscious and subconscious racism. The situation happened couple a years ago, but then I wasn't aware of the whole situation as it truly is then I wasn't as conscious as I am now, one my friend was talking to another person, they where talking about Afrikans, the other person used the word niggers, my friend said: "I don't call them that way, I call them blacks, except maybe those i hate..." If you know what to look for in this what is said, you can see many signs of racism, every word is racist in some way. So what does this show you?
The second situation is where some guy I was talking about music with said to me. We where talking about electronic music, Drum & Bass and Ragga Jungle. I said to him that i don't really like Drum & Bass except maybe few sets and songs, I told him that I like Jungle music more. And he said to me with somewhat of an anger or something like that(Jungle music uses toasting or sampling from Dancehall reggae), he said: "I don't like it , how can you understand what that negro is singing".
I hope I gave a little insight of what I see.
Hotep.
Most high.

Babylon will fall
EmpresKeneilwe

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 09:05:14 AM »

Dumelang kaofela (Greetings),
I've just come across this article, and had to respond to the original post by siger...
I don't think white supremacy is an illusion. It is real. And yes, brotha Ayinde hit home when he said false white supremacy.

black people live by European beauty standards,

The above qoute says it all. This is what we need to overstand by white supremacy.

Khotso le lerato ho lona kaofela. (Peace 'n love to u all)
Keneilwe
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: