Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Health and Livity (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Soothing One's Liver
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Soothing One's Liver  (Read 31128 times)
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« on: February 21, 2007, 11:51:25 AM »

I reach out for guidance and knowledge.  A question to the herb and roots users here.

Ginger tea for the stomach, most know this....Is there anything that specifically concetrates on the liver?

Any suggestions would be wonderful.

humbly,

..Kingston..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 12:33:04 PM »

Ones...

Where is all the activity on this board?  Few years back, this was a fantastic resource for learning about life, love and all things Rasta.

If you are reading this, respond.  Even to say you are not sure.  At least then, there can be some form of reasoning taking place.

Let us learn from one another.

Give thanks for all eyes which view these words.

..Kingston..

chiefblackbear

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 06:52:58 PM »

HOTEP

ORGANIC FENNEL TEA IS GOOD FOR THE STOMACH EVEN BETTER IF YOU EAT RAW ORGANIC FENNEL

ORGANIC CHAMOMILE IS TEA IS GOOD FOR THE KIDNEYS

ORGANIC ANISE  TEA IS GOOD FOR YOUR DIGESSTIVE SYSTEM

ORGANIC ALLSPICE TEA IS ALSO GOOD EVEN IF IT’S JUST FOR THE FLAVOUR

ORGANIC LEMON GRASS TEA GOOD JUST FOR FLAVOR

ORGANIC CHAMOMILLE TEA IS GOOD FOR THE KIDNEY

ORGANIN DANDLIAN TEA BUT I PREFARE JUST TO EAT IT RAW IN A SALAD  IS GOOD FOR YOU LIVER AND KIDNEY.

Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 03:43:26 PM »

chiefblackbear...

Thanks for the information you have shared.  I appreciate that.  I did not know that Dandylion was good for the liver but this world is funny,  I have heard the same thing twice since I read your post.

Many thanks,

..Kingston..

Makini
Makini

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 08:25:37 PM »

I suspect you did your lil google search already...but I had quite a chuckle with this article. Felt like it was a write up on gramoxone, not a piece of root that my dad feel he must slice like onion in the bagi I just eat.

But its very true what works for you does not work for everyone else and vice versa, the chemistry behind it can be quite amazing. Perhaps there is a reason ppl did not reply, specific to your situation. But generally I like to phsyche out why ppl click on some titles and not others - respond to some and not others.

http://health.yahoo.com/drug/d04414a1

What is the most important information I should know about ginger?

Ginger is a commonly used flavoring agent and food product. Ginger is also available as an herbal supplement. The information contained in this leaflet refers to the use of ginger as an herbal supplement. When used as a food product, the benefits and potential side effects of ginger may be less pronounced than when it is used as an herbal supplement.
   Do not take ginger without first talking to your doctor if you

* have gallstones or any other disease of the gallbladder;
    * have diabetes or if you are taking a medicine to control your blood sugar levels;
    * have any heart problems or take any heart medicines;
    * have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder or are taking a medicine to increase or decrease the clotting of your blood such as aspirin, warfarin (Coumadin), or heparin; or
    * take other herbs, antioxidants, or health supplements (these may affect blood thinning).......
siger

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 10:15:12 PM »

there is a sour green veggie, we call it chichi in Kiswahili; the web says it is amaranth.....

they always told me it was good for my liver, but maybe they wanted me to finish my greens.... hehehe!!!

had best when leaves are young.

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
wezekana

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 04:53:01 PM »

Yes, I.

New User. Just got here.
Ginger, hmmmmm. A primary ingredient in many meat tenderizers, a potent antibiotic and antiviral herb. Besides containing 12 different antioxidants and numerous liver-protecting compounds, ginger also contains zingibain, a proteolytic enzymes which aids in the break down, digestion and assimilation other essential proteins. Due to this Ginger has remarkable anti-inflammatory properties.
Ginger may help the body to control autoimmune diseases, reduce blood levels of immune complexes and like the papain in papaya and the bromelain in pineapple can be used internally or externally for such ailments as arthritis, athlete's foot, bunions, bursitis, colds and cough, dandruff, depression, fever, high cholesterol, hives, indigestion, infertility, internal worms and parasites, kidney stones, laryngitis, liver problems, menstrual cramps, morning sickness, nausea, pain and swelling, Raynaud's disease, tendinitis, toothache, ulcers, viral infections and vertigo.

Yoods for liver health...

Carrots  - helps to detoxify the liver.
Dandelion - a potent diuretic (makes you pee).
Milk Thistle seeds- known to help to regenerate liver cells damaged by alcohol abuse and hepatitis.
Schisandra - used medicinally to treat viral hepatitis and other liver complaints.
Tamarind - seems to be anti-alkaloidal. Popular as a Latin American hangover preventative.
Chicory - Acetaminophen is toxic to the liver in high doses. 70% of mice given chicory extracts survived a lethal dose in which 100% of all untreated animals died. Reason that.
Chinese Angelica (Dang Quai) - assists the liver in it's usage of oxygen. (Not for pregnant women!)
Licorice - contains glycyrrhizin which inhibits liver cellular damage.
Tumeric - Anti-inflammatory. Contains many liver protecting compounds.

Chiefblackbear, not only is Lemon grass tasty but also fungicidal (anti-fungal). 
wezekana

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 04:58:58 PM »

Sorry...

Additional, anyone under a physicians care should consult 'dem Babylon Doctor. The I should rub a fair amount of an herb on the arm and wait about 3 to 6 hours before internalizing (eating) new or unknown herbs, yood stuffs, or medicinals.

Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 03:18:28 PM »

Yes...

Love to the one's keeping this thread alive.  How nice it is to come back and see further development on a topic that we can all benefit from.

A healthy lifestyle can cure most of what is trhown at us.  Simple and true.

Wezekana...I'm feeling your post and learning from it.

Give thanks and love...

..King..

SoundBlok

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 10:05:35 AM »

Greetings

Now reading this msg, and InI would like to suggest some Milk Thistle as a good liver tonic. It helps to strengthen the liver to allow it to detoxify the body more efficiently. It is popular among rum drinkers, but all of InI can benefit from this herb from time to time

Guidance
SoundBlok
wezekana

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 01:02:39 AM »

Yes. Respect and thank you for the important reminder. Milk Thistle has actually been said to assist regeneration of dis-eased and dying liver cells. Cirrhosis of the Liver, Hepatitis and other debilitating liver ailments have been said to have been reversed and thwarted by the ingestion of milk thistle.

Warning : In large quantities this plant is toxic to bovines. If you grow a crop of cattle (I'm not sure how goat is affected), keep them away from it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: