Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:14:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  ENTERTAINMENT/ ARTS/ LITERATURE
| |-+  Arts & Music (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Your Favorite Song/CDs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Your Favorite Song/CDs  (Read 28996 times)
Yann

Ayanna's Roots

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2003, 01:38:40 PM »

Kelani

i have recently discovered Zap Mama ( not sure of spelling; are they Congolese as well?)! BEAUTIFUL!! Daisy   i agree that we need to get into more diverse black music, especially music from the continent. there is sooo much good uplifting powerful music out there!
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2003, 12:17:10 PM »

MIDNITE BAND FROM ST. CROIX ... Anyone who has not yet been blessed with their most powerful word sound must check ireggae.com and listen to the streams from Midnite. And as one of the idren mentioned, DEZARIE is the female version, for real. These lyrics are truly for the healing of the nations, as the truth prevails and King Sellassie I is The Almighty One.

Hot albums By Midnite:
*Nemozian Rasta***
*VIJAN
*Ras Mek Peace
*Unpolished
*Jubilees of Zion
*Seek Knowledge Before Vengeance
*Geoman

And DEZARIE:
*Fya
*Gracious Mama Africa

And we must not forget the roots of reggae music, Bob Marley, Garnett silk the angel, Burning Spear, The Abyssinians, Hugh Mundell, Don Carlos (Black Uhru), Rastafari Elders - and all Nyabinghi chants.. and newer; Sizzla's older vibes, Anthony B, Luciano, Warrior King, Turbulence, Prince malachi, Sis Carol . . and so so many more...
HAIL JAH RASTAFARI

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2003, 05:29:47 AM »

sisMenenI,

I have only 2 of their CDs, now I know more about Midnite.

Thank you for all your info - Thats great!!!

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Scott_La_Rock

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2003, 07:36:20 PM »

Yes Midnite, music for your soul. also S.O.J.A.'s Peace in a time of war, and some Big Mountain.

"The earth and myself are of one mind. " Chief Joseph
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: