Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:22:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 90 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Good B L A C K LEADERSHIP....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Good B L A C K LEADERSHIP....  (Read 17342 times)
will

« on: December 24, 2007, 05:03:09 AM »

L E A D E R S H I P has always been our problem.. For too many centuries, our leaders have had this LOVE-AFFAIR with WHITE-PEOPLE... They want us to stay close to them, and to seek acceptance from them, as we continue to buy and use  their consumer products that were made from our raw materials, and most of all, our LEADERSHIP & Men of Prominence remains "crazy about maintaining open-access to their WOMEN"....

i ask, What does their WOMEN have that our's don't have??? What can their WOMEN do that our's can't do??? Why has EURO-CENTRICITY triumphed our own AFRICAN culture?Huh

When we start speaking their language, using their products, accepting their standards and worshiping their GODS, then we have lost the battle... We are no longer AFRICAN....  We've become them on the inside.... When we start to straighten our HAIR and BLEACHing our SKIN, then we've definitely gone too far... We're trying to become them on the outside too...

We need a time-out PEOPLE... We need to check ourselves... We don't need them... We have all that we need already... Open your eyes and look around you.... Most of what you see everywhere in AFRICA, in positions of authority & prominence, are non-AFRICANS enjoying themselves and living large in our HOME-LAND while we continue to starve & to beg them for hand-outs....

They are flat-out RAPING all of us...

And we allow them to do this to us too... And they have NO FEAR either... They just come in and take our stuff, and we sit there smiling, while letting them do it to us, for FREE .... We don't require that they pay us any consequences for their actions either...

Very soon, if we are not careful, we will be living on a CONTINENT that no longer has an AFRICAN majority.... Look at the SUDAN...  Slowly, indigenous-AFRICANS are being killed and/or driven from their homelands by a well armed Muslim minority...  This is GENOCIDE.. The whole world is watching and doing NOTHING... Our 50+ presidents ARE NOT TAKING ANY ACTION TO HELP SAVE THE SUDANESE PEOPLE'S  COUNTRY....  These people are being chased from one Muslim controlled Country to another Muslim controlled country... 

What's that all about???

The Northern-most States of AFRICA are all falling under Islamaic control... They are pushing steadily SOUTH... How far SOUTH will we LET THEM COME before we TAKE ACTION?Huh What STATE will be the NEXT one to fall?Huh

We can do better than this.... All we need is better governance.... We need to sit down and talk, and to decide how to do for oureselves that which we have asked others (WHITES, Chinese or Muslims) to do for us.. Why do we keep asking them??? How long will our current LEADERSHIP beg them, before they figure out that NEITHER of them, is going to help us do anything?Huh

We've been asking & begging for years, to no avail... They keep laughing at us and having a good time using up all our raw materials and natural resources, as they continue with their encroachment upon our LANDS... Many AFRICANS believe that we can't make it without the WHITE MANS help; well i ask, ARE WE MAKING IT NOW???  Are we any better off today than we were before WHITES ever came to AFRICA???

Have they re-civilized us enough YET??? Or, are we still their SAVAGES??? Who will make that determination, US or THEM?Huh?

Are things getting better for us as a whole PEOPLE??? Or, are they only getting better for a few?Huh Our LEADERS and PROMINENT CITIZENS are doing very good for themselves, but what about the REST OF US?Huh Who's going to look-out for us??? Surely, our current crop of 50+ presidents won't be able to do anything because they've cut us up into too many small pieces...  No one individual piece is strong enough to safe-guard it's own people...  Any group with more GUNS can come in at any time to threaten us, and to take away our LIBERTY'S...

As small individual NATIONS, under an emasculated PRESIDENT, we can't stop any major aggression with-out the WHITE-MAN'S help.... They are still waiting for his HELP in DARFUR, and we can't do anything... That could be us... Any of us??? We need to plan for that & to start taking preventative measures NOW...

We need BIGGER UNIONS, more treaties and pact with one another for protection and for aid... We need Joint-Projects that help to stabilize REGIONS... When we ORGANIZE, we can do more for ourselves, than anyone else has proven that they want to do for us... What do we need 50+ presidents for??? NONE of them... Not a one can provide for all it's PEOPLE...  Why not a Multi-Tribal Alliance, committed to the concept of "One for all - all for one", instead of trying to remain an independent country that can't even care for itself......

How about we become an alliance that's committed to making All-AFRICAN solutions - rather than GLOBAL SOLUTIONS... How about we take care of us, and let them take care of themselves...  It's fact that many of the EUROPEAN countries that control major AFRICAN regions are much smaller in size & population that the AFRICAN STATES they control... If we stopped them from dipping into our pot, and eating from their own resources, they would fall flat on their faces and die...  Instead, we allow them to live off us while our love ones are dying from starvation, pollution and disease...

They are not looking out for us, so why should we be committed to looking out for them?Huh Just taking care of our own is going to be one BIG J O B...

We need to stop being so selfish individually and to start thinking LONG-TERM.. And to start thinking S U R V I V A L before we become EXTINCT..

What's wrong with us?Huh

Will...

"Individuality" is a very good thing... but... "Team-Work" is way more "Better"...
will

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:50:58 AM »

Take another LQQK at K E N Y A today..  Again AFRICANS dying... Rioting in the streets... The ARMY shooting down innocent, un-informed civilians over a failed attempt at another one of the WHITE MANS GAMES... Are they are watching from a distance to see how many more of us, will die this time???

Democracy, American-style, is a good game for the occidents since their whole population is basicly literate, and they have grown up in a well adjusted & educated society, where the populace was trained to participate in this system from a very early age - thru' adulthood...

AFRICAN KNOWLEDGE and circumstances ARE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT...  We need AFRICAN governance...

American-styled democracy has never worked well, or even lasted for long periods of time anywhere in AFRICA, where huge TRIBES have been split into different NATIONS, and different TRIBES are being forced to live together in uncomfortable situations...

WE NEED AFRICAN SOLUTIONS for AFRICAN PROBLEMS....  Why bother to attempt GLOBAL CONSIDERATIONS when the LOCAL situations have not yet been solved?Huh

Where is our L E A D E R S H I P??? What are we thinking?Huh

Will...

"Individuality" is a very good thing... but... "Team-Work" is way more "Better"...
wezekana

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 12:33:13 PM »

Yes Brothers, there is an actual war going on that has raged since the first Indo-Aryans invaded the Mediterranean and drove Africans here to Turtle Island (real American History).  No one is safe here or anywhere else. This system of coercion, or 'government' as some have called it, uses the policies of confusion to carry out it's insidious schemes. The spread of the critical thinking process and a more concise political diction is necessary to prevent the liar from misleading the people again through polemics.
More importantly, looking objectively at our current, woeful and distressing situation, and with full attention being paid to the successes and failures of previous African societies, what might our next course of action be.

WWTD = What would Tchaka do?

Khem

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 02:10:34 AM »

Greetings,
 Very interesting topic Brother, what happened here in Kenya got me thinking and for sure things need to be changed and I think its time we put our blak ideas into action. Correct me where am wrong but I think strongly that alot needs to be done including self sacrifice, aint it time concious black people took over power in Africa Huh? Yes the whole political system needs a change but the question is how do we go about it? I think we have to use the current system to get to power and change things from inside, truly we need a strong movement that will have representatives in all goverments for this revolution to take place, say we beat them at their own game and before they realize, it might not be easy but ever thought where Afrika and black people would be if most of us carried forward Hon. Garvey's vision? Its time we work together as Blak people we at home and you in the west and at the end of the day you and me will meet for dinner in the banks of the great rivers of Afrika singing songs of victory. But before then, work brothers and sistrers, Afrika deepends on what you and me are doing about the current situation.

will

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 06:15:38 AM »

More importantly, looking objectively at our current, woeful and distressing situation, and with full attention being paid to the successes and failures of previous African societies, what might our next course of action be.

WWTD = What would Tchaka do?

Keep trying.... Don't STOP 'till you get it RIGHT..... Press on... 'Cause FAILURE - renders us IRRELEVANT... And due to our obvious "in-action", as a PEOPLE, wefind ourselves slipping beyond relevancy,  more toward EXTINCTION.....  The test is: Are we PEOPLE enough to SAVE OUR-SELVES??? Since others won't do it for us.....

Will...

will

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 06:33:40 AM »

Greetings,
 Very interesting topic Brother, what happened here in Kenya got me thinking and for sure things need to be changed and I think its time we put our blak ideas into action. Correct me where am wrong but I think strongly that alot needs to be done including self sacrifice, aint it time concious black people took over power in Africa Huh? Yes the whole political system needs a change but the question is how do we go about it? I think we have to use the current system to get to power and change things from inside, truly we need a strong movement that will have representatives in all goverments for this revolution to take place, say we beat them at their own game and before they realize, it might not be easy but ever thought where Afrika and black people would be if most of us carried forward Hon. Garvey's vision? Its time we work together as Blak people we at home and you in the west and at the end of the day you and me will meet for dinner in the banks of the great rivers of Afrika singing songs of victory. But before then, work brothers and sistrers, Afrika deepends on what you and me are doing about the current situation.

Working from with-in the system is why we are still stuck in the same place...  Until we can all understand the concept of "DIVIDE & CONQUER", we can never solve our problem...

Can you imagine a MONSTER with fifty(50) plus  heads, all thinking independently & pulling in different directions ever making any real progress?Huh It'll never happen... That's why they cut-up our CONTINENT into so many small pieces... They knew, we'd never agree on anything... Especially with us listening to them, as they pit us, one against another...

Think about it amn.. Until we remove the mental shackles - we will be stuck in place...

Will...

Khem

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 08:46:30 AM »

How do you suggest we reawaken the masses and get the mental shackles off Will, Coz its definately not time to talk but time to act and we need formulas that we can apply on the ground, how do we change the political situation and economic situation, some argue that we dont vote but they dont give the alternatives, Me I Say we need a strong movement strarted by you me and everyone else interested in saving Afrika coz alot of talking has been done but the action has been slow on the execution part, this movement needs strong leadership and Brother Will I have been reading your posts and they are very positive and its time we applied them in the field, yes we the youths need guidance and I read in one of your past posts that you have been around for alittle longer than most of us, Yes Will we need that wisemind in word and in deed.
Much respect.
will

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 09:09:30 AM »

Hi khem...

Thanks for the positive response..  With me, it's not so much about LEADERSHIP, as it is about calling attention to the fact that we are failing ourselves (collectively) thru' in-action, and that we can do better than this as soon as we want to do better, and begin to believe that we can actually do it...

As a people, we do need to form collectives; to work within these group(s), and to allow our group to work along side these other groups;  joining in with them when-ever possible, and helping them propel each other down that same road towards enlightment and self sufficiency, in ways that makes our journey as safe, happy,  efficient, and as relevant  as it needs to be, in order to keep us focused  and moving toward that common goal, sovereignty...

This environ, or board, is not the medium we need for this discussion.. The focus here is more on "One-Love", a more global, and humanistic approach that allows for and even encourages a mixture of whites in resolving universial & spiritual concerns.. And with AFRICA being a part of this universe, i would assume that they would be included in our solutions....

There is a forum available where these discussions can begin in a private setting, away from prying eyes...  And i believe when you couple this privacy together with real-life, in your face, up-front, meet & greet sessions, then meaningful progress can be made...

You've gotta know who you are talking to, and why you are talking to this particular person, before laying out any relevant conversation.... That forums URL is : "http://www.voyageafricanaspeaking.com/forums".... Hit me with an email, or private message from this site, and i help get you in over there... i understand there's a lot of filtering going on there in an attempt to keep detractors OUT...

hotep..

Will...

will

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 07:44:47 AM »

Poor K E N Y A... Still tryna play "D E M O C R A C Y", Western style.... i received this in an email today & thought i would pass it on as it pertains to this forum, and our in-action, as concerned black westerner...  We really should be doing more,,,

"NAIROBI (AFP) - Police battled rioters in the west of Kenya on Monday as tribal clashes that left 130 dead over four days spread further across the country.

The violence -- which saw dozens hacked and burned to death mainly in the western Rift Valley region -- set a tense backdrop to former UN secretary general Kofi Annan's ongoing mediation efforts.

Rampaging youths set fire to shops, barricaded roads and taunted riot police in the western city of Kisumu, witnesses told AFP.

A police commander said one man was killed by a stray bullet when security forces opened fire to disperse crowds demonstrating in Kisumu against killings in other parts of the country.

Protestors were also angered by the authorities' decision to re-open schools in the area, arguing that the situation remained too volatile to send children out in the streets.

"We cannot pretend that life is back to normal. Children must stay out of school so that the government can see that things are not normal," said Joseph Bonyo, from a group of residents touring schools to pull the children out.

Incidents were also reported in the town of Eldoret and in Naivasha, a town about 90 kilometres (55 miles) northwest of Nairobi where 14 people were burnt to death on Sunday.

The town of Nakuru bore the brunt of the latest violence, with bitter clashes between gangs armed with machetes, metal bars, bows and arrows leaving dozens dead since January 24.

The police said that 155 people were detained overnight in Naivasha and Nakuru, as police attempted to restore order.

"They are being probed over arson and murder," police commissioner Major General Mohamed Hussein Ali told a news conference Monday.

"We have enhanced deployment all over the places affected by the violence. The skirmishes appear to be ethnic. Communities are avenging each other but we are in control," he added.

Violence erupted across Kenya after disputed December 27 presidential elections, with political protests giving way to tit-for-tat killings over long-running feuds between rival communities.

In Nairobi on Sunday, Annan met with opposition leader Raila Odinga, who claims he was robbed of victory in last month's election which returned President Mwai Kibaki to power.

"I condemn this murderous and evil act in the strongest terms possible," Odinga said later of the Naivasha attack.

"What is now emerging is that criminal gangs, on a killing spree, are working under police protection."

Human Rights Watch last week accused Kenya's opposition of orchestrating ethnic violence in the region, a charge they immediately denied.

Around 900 people have died since the disputed election triggered the usually peaceful nation's worst crisis since a failed 1982 coup against former president Daniel arap Moi.

In a separate development, the 83-year-old Moi, who ruled over Kenya with an iron fist for 24 years, was admitted in a Nairobi hospital Monday with back pains, his doctor told AFP.

The situation remained tense in Nakuru on Monday, with many residents accusing the police and army of standing by as violence raged.

"The police came here and ordered us to surrender our arms, but are not doing anything to protect us. At the moment we are still insecure," said Cosmas Makori, 22, whose house was burnt down in a Nakuru slum on Friday.

Government spokesman Alfred Mutua told AFP that extra police had been deployed to restore order in the western towns.

"The government would like to reiterate that everybody behind every crime will be held accountable for his own or her own actions," he said.

The army, in its first deployment since the election, played a backseat role in quelling the clashes in Nakuru, mainly clearing roadblocks, officials said.

Trucks piled with luggage were seen transporting thousands of people who had fled their homes in Nakuru, and a new displacement camp was set up in the town's biggest sports stadium.

As Annan continued talks with political officials, Musalia Mudavadi, from Odinga's Orange Democratic Movement, said progress had been made towards preparing talks with Kibaki.

"Our side and the other side will appoint three negotiators and an additional person as a liaison person," Mudavadi told journalists on Sunday.

Annan on Thursday orchestrated a symbolic first meeting between Kibaki and Odinga, who shook hands, called for peace and hinted at a willingness to talk.

But the gesture, hailed internationally, was later undermined by further squabbling, with both sides maintaining their hardline positions."

Will...

will

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »

Last month it was KENYAN'S "killing" KENYAN'S, while playing Euro-American "D E M O C R A C Y"... This month it's CHAD.... Tryna play the same old game.... B L A C K LEADERS subjected to White manilipulation, will never achieve BLACK sovereignty... It's just a game FOLKS...  They are still toying with ur minds as they continue to steal, rape & rob you of all ur resources.... Which of the more than 50 AFRICAN presidents will they play with next?Huh??

Article on the new killing-spree in Chad appeared today...  Below is an excerpt.. Complete article is on YAHOO...
"NAIROBI, Kenya - Hundreds of rebels penetrated the capital of Chad on Saturday, clashing with government troops and moving on the presidential palace after a three-day advance through the oil-producing central African nation, officials and witnesses said.

Col. Thierry Burkhard, a French military spokesman, said groups of rebels gathered outside the capital, N'Djamena, overnight before 1,000 to 1,500 fighters entered early Saturday and spread through the city.

A leader of Chad's main opposition alliance, which is unarmed and not associated with the rebels, said shooting erupted after rebels entered the city around 8 a.m. but appeared to die down about two hours later. Ibni Oumar Mahamat Saleh said about 12:45 p.m. that there were no soldiers in his neighborhood and state radio had gone off the air.

"At the moment we are not hearing any firing ... The rebels are in the city. Civilians are in the streets. They are watching what is happening," said Saleh.

The renewed fighting has led the European Union to delay its peacekeeping mission in both Chad and neighboring Central African Republic, which was due to be up and running early next month, said Commandant Dan Harvey, speaking at the EU military headquarters in Paris on Friday. The deployment of the advance force could be postponed for days, he said.

The force already has met repeated delays. It is aimed at protecting refugees from the conflict-wracked Sudanese region of Darfur, which borders Chad, as well as protecting Chadians and Central Africans displaced by turmoil in their own countries.

The new head of the African Union said Saturday that the bloc would not recognize Chadian rebels should they seize power.

"If the rebellion succeeds, certainly we will excommunicate them from the African Union until normalcy and democratic institutions are restored in that country, if it has to happen that way at all," Tanzania's President Jakaya Kikwete told a news conference.

The United Nations decided to temporarily evacuate all its staff from Chad's capital because of the fighting, said William Spindler, spokesman for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees.

The French and American governments told their citizens to assemble in secure locations.

The U.S. Embassy said in a bulletin on its Web site that any American citizens seeking evacuation should immediately move to the embassy. State Department spokesman Karl Duckworth said the embassy had authorized the departure of nonessential personnel and family members.

"At this time the U.S. is monitoring the security situation closely," Duckworth said in a statement. "The serious violence that has occurred has not been directed at any U.S. personnel or facilities. We are taking all appropriate precautions to ensure the security of U.S. mission personnel and all American citizens in Chad."

France's embassy in Chad sent messages over Radio France Internationale telling citizens to head to the Lycee Francais high school and two other locations in N'Djamena, a French diplomatic official said on condition of anonymity because government policy barred him from providing his name.

A hotel operator at the Hotel le Meridien, about a mile from the headquarters of President Idriss Deby, said gunfire and explosions had been resounding through the capital since 7 a.m.

The man, who would not give his name, said he had not seen any rebels. The line went dead before a reporter could get more details. Other phone lines were also dead and the information could not immediately be confirmed.

Rebels in more than a dozen vehicles drove past the Libya Hotel, which overlooks the parliament building, said a man who answered the telephone at that hotel.

"I saw more than 15 vehicles and they (the rebels) were firing into the air," said the man, who also would not give his name.

He said he also watched looters go into a police station opposite the hotel, stealing chairs and throwing papers on the ground.

Rebel forces have been advancing on the capital for three days in about 250 pickup trucks after crossing the border from Sudan, some 510 miles to the east of N'Djamena.

Clashes broke out Friday morning near Massakori, northeast of N'Djamena, and moved closer to the capital to Massaguet, said Burkhard, the French military spokesman. France-Info radio said helicopters bombarded rebel positions.

Chad, a French colony until 1960, has been convulsed by civil wars and invasions since independence, and the recent discovery of oil has only increased the intensity of the struggle for power in the largely desert country.

The most recent series of rebellions began in 2005 in the country's east, occurring at the same time as the conflict in neighboring Sudan's western region of Darfur saw a rise in violence. One Chadian rebel group launched a failed assault on N'Djamena, in April 2006.

The governments of Chad and Sudan repeatedly exchange accusations the one is backing the other's rebel groups.

Deby himself came to power at the head of a rebellion in 1990; he has won elections since, but none of the votes were deemed free or fair. He brought a semblance of peace after three decades of civil war and an invasion by Libya, but became increasingly isolated and members of his own family have joined Chad's latest rebellion.

U.N. officials estimate that around 3 million people have been uprooted by conflicts in the region, including the fighting in western Sudan's Darfur region and rebellions in Central African Republic.

France sent more troops late Thursday to boost a longtime military presence in Chad. About 1,500 French citizens live in Chad, most in N'Djamena. French President Nicolas Sarkozy called a meeting at the Elysee Palace in Paris late Friday to discuss the situation in Chad, his office said.

Air France canceled its scheduled daily flight to N'Djamena on Friday because its personnel there "had no access to the airport," an airline spokesman said. The spokesman said it was not clear why access to the airport was blocked.

___

Associated Press writers Angela Doland in Paris, Anita Powell in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and Alexander G. Higgins in Geneva contributed to this report.

Will...

will

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 04:11:59 PM »

Why can't AFRICA's presidente's UNITE to stop these ATROCITIES?Huh

Fighting traps thousands of Darfurians

by ALFRED de MONTESQUIOU, Associated Press Writer

CAIRO, Egypt - A fresh Sudanese offensive by government soldiers and Arab militiamen against Darfur rebels has trapped thousands of refugees along the Chadian border, the rebels and humanitarian workers said Wednesday.

Local rebel commander Abbas Mohamed said a dozen civilians were killed and 20 arrested during the latest government attack, which targeted the Jebel Moon area of West Darfur on Tuesday. The Sudanese military said eight soldiers were killed and 15 injured in Tuesday's fighting.

"Fighting is still going on," Mohamed told The Associated Press by satellite phone from Jebel Moon. Three rebels also were killed, he said.

At least 8,000 refugees have been trapped in the area by the fighting, unable to flee into Chad, Orla Clinton, a U.N. spokeswoman in Sudan, told the AP. She said the situation remains unclear because humanitarian workers have had to evacuate the zone.

Clinton could not confirm who was blocking the refugees from crossing. Rebel commander Mohamed accused government troops and their janjaweed militiamen allies of stopping them, and he put the number trapped at 10,000. "They want to cross to Chad but the government is barring the way," he said."

See remainder of article at source: article at Yahoo News (AP)

Oh W H E N, WHEN, WHEN, will we finaally stand up to do something ourselves?Huh?

Will...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: