Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:10:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 85 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  Prejudice Lives
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Prejudice Lives  (Read 27491 times)
Ajala

RastafariSpeaks .com

« on: June 26, 2003, 11:29:00 PM »

I am a 19 year old college student. Right now I'm visiting my mother down south for the summer. I was placed under suspension from my job for my dreads. How can things like this still happen to good hearted people? Do the inhabitants of Babylon still fear the truth that is locked within my dreads?
EMPRESS_MINEE

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 11:35:44 PM »

Greetings in the name of the most high Jah Rastafari

Things like this still happen, but you need to look into this and stand up for your rights. You have the right to have locks be smart dont back down.

Peace love & Respect
                                               Empress Minee
Junior_Gad

Selassie I Yeshuah I Jah RasTafarI

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 12:24:56 PM »

Greetings I

One of my bredren was arrested for robbing an old lady. He was arrested because of his locks. Even when his friends told the police that he was with dem at this time, they arrested him. Yes Babylon is wicked!

Bro Gad I

His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I is Allmighty God Head Creator of all beeings! Selassie I yesterday, today and forIver! Praise Yeshuah I, praise the Head Creator and praise the Holy Spirit! Selah
natty_dread

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 12:00:50 PM »

Greetings
yes babylon fear truth, thats why they do not teach us at my school about slavery i came to know about slavery from burning spears song slavery days then i looked on the internet to see wether it was true and i was appaled.
 the question still remains why can't babylon look on the inside instead on the outside, i regually get searched i find it funny because i don't smoke, but because of the  dreadlocks and only because of that i get searched why because locks have a bad reputation for looking like you are a thug thats why i read up on my rights and if they want to be an arse to me ill do the same back.
    we are standing in the fire of babylon all the time, but we must not get burnt,
because of the responsibility of carrying dreadlocks of being searched and so on someone said to me if you cut your hair then you will not get hasle, but if i was to be do that it would be giving in to the babylon system i went through alot to cultivate locks and im not backing down, yes it would improve my life as my town is increasingly becoming more violent as the gothic population grows the kevs (  rude bwais ) are out to stamp out anything different to them, sadly i am seen as a goth because of the locks and locks arnt always related to RasTafari . Dreadlocks is a very much popular thing for kurt cobain wannabs and maralyn manson followers so that puts me in the spotlight for kevs
 ajala there is responsibility carrying locks and we need to accept that we will be thought less of by the shitstem but in the end we will get home while those heatherns will be blown around in the seas for ever.  

stand in the fire but dont get burnt

To make eveything come true we have to be together through the spirit of the most high emperor haile selassie I
Son_of_Sellassie

Roots

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 10:57:16 AM »

Nuff True Natty_dread, Nuff True.

I like to refer to a riddim if I may?
" Some will hate you pretend they lovenow then behind they try to eliminate you BUT WHO JAH BLESS NO ONE CURSE,thank God were past the worst"
-Marley-I-
 -R.I.P-
Son_of_Sellassie

Roots

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 10:59:27 AM »

P.S: Seeking Rasta E-pal Male or Female
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 09:48:00 PM »

Research the laws where you at and look through the employee handbook or whatever. If white folks (I'm assuming you're Black, perhaps I'm wrong) are allowed to wear say shoulder-length hair or whatever then you could make a reasonable claim of discrimination I would think. A lot of times companies try to get away with illegal things simply cos they assume employees don't know the law and won't check. If you've got a union bring up the issue with them.
Course if you do all this and find out they are acting illegally etc., they could still make up some other excuse to fire you, so it goes... Research your rights though and stand up to them.
iNk

Roots n Ites

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 04:04:39 AM »

All the time Babylon hates dreadlocks, couse we're children of a most high.

InI think u overstand dat my english is not good )
Rastafari everywhere!
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 12:19:20 PM »

Babylon is never going to accept anyone or anything that is positive for Nubians. They only accept and encourage things which mirror their societies.

English is the devils language@iNK

Any time soon babylone bun down  

Think Clear BE Clear>>>>Always Analyze never Dismiss We all are here to learn>>>>> this earth is a BIG class Room
iNk

Roots n Ites

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 01:47:29 PM »

Jah language is international language =)

InI think u overstand dat my english is not good )
Rastafari everywhere!
mysticlyrics

Roots

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 08:20:05 AM »

Blessings to all!

Allow me to quote:

Until the philosophy which holds
One race superior and another inferior
Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
That until there are no longer first class second class citizen
Of any nation. Until the color of a man’s skin
Is of no more significance than the color of his eyes
That until their basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all,
Without regard to race.
That until that day,
The dream of lasting peace, world citizenship
And the rule of international morality
Will remain but in a fleeting illusion
To be pursued, but never attained…
-Haile Selassie

....Still under the reins of Babylon.....but....not for long....

Children of Africa Unite!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: