Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:17:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  RESPONSE TO "DREADLOCKED MISS JAMAICA PUTS RASTAS IN NEW LIGHT."
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RESPONSE TO "DREADLOCKED MISS JAMAICA PUTS RASTAS IN NEW LIGHT."  (Read 7341 times)
mrthepen

« on: August 11, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »

Response to "Dreadlocked miss Jamaica puts Rastas in new light"Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:12 PM

As a Rastafarian man(Rastaman) I do not cater to beauty pagents.  That being said, I still will say, "love and respect to the beautiful Empress Zahra Redwood on being crowned Miss Jamaica 2007.  I know it was an honor for her to win among all the other beautiful Jamaican women.        This is not about the Empress.  It's just a little note to the author, Catherine Bremer, of the article that was published in the May 24 - June 6, 2007 edition of Street Hype.  The article was actually quite good, except for a few areas that I as a Rastaman object to.      First, Rastafarian people do not ..." worship  "the late" Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie as a God they call "Jah".  Jah is the name of God.  Read psalm 68.  Hebrew does not have the letter "J" in its alphabet so in some Bibles you will see that the word is Yah: both letters(J and Y) give the same sound in English.  Now for the Bibles that say His name is "The Lord", this carries a different meaning: "Lord" as it is used in the Bible is not a name but it is a title; example, "King of Kings" and "Lord of Lords."(both are titles)      Second, Jah cannot be late!       Third, Jah did not die in 1975 as she incorrectly states in her article!  I n I burn that! ( we do not like that!)  Emperor Haile Selassie 1, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of Judah Trancended the physical plane in 1975!!!  I God and I King is with I n I (us) continually!!        Rastafari people welcome anyone who takes an interest in I n I (our) Livity (Faith).  We burn fire  on (reject) all misrepresentations.  We tell our own story!  Black I story.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: