Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:29:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 33 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  AFRICA AND THE DIASPORA
| |-+  Zimbabwe
| | |-+  Is Obama's African tough love bootstrap theory racist?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is Obama's African tough love bootstrap theory racist?  (Read 9994 times)
News
Admin

« on: July 19, 2009, 04:59:09 AM »

By Lloyd Whitefield Butler, Jr.
July 17, 2009

THE Honourable Barack Hussein Obama, President of the United States of America made the following statements to the African world during an AllAfrica interview and his recent lecture to the Ghanaian Parliament:

"We must start from the simple premise that Africa's future is up to Africans," Mr. Obama said in an address to Parliament televised across the continent. "I say this knowing full well the tragic past that has sometimes haunted this part of the world. After all, I have the blood of Africa within me and my own family's story encompasses both the tragedies and triumphs of the larger African story."

"The West and the United States has not been responsible for what's happened to Zimbabwe's economy over the last 15 or 20 years."

"Ultimately, I'm a big believer that Africans are responsible for Africa."

"Africans are responsible for Africa".

"I think part of what's hampered advancement in Africa is that for many years we've made excuses about corruption or poor governance, that this was somehow the consequence of neo-colonialism, or the West has been oppressive, or racism – I'm not a big – I'm not a believer in excuses."

Continue to: 'Is Obama's African tough love bootstrap theory racist?'
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: