Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:12:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 59 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Egyptian lawyer to sue Jews for biblical 'plunder'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Egyptian lawyer to sue Jews for biblical 'plunder'  (Read 15719 times)
Yann

Ayanna's Roots

« on: September 13, 2003, 04:05:09 PM »

anyone else aboard ??  Deal 2

Egyptian lawyer to sue Jews for biblical 'plunder'

September 11, 2003 - 9:51AM

An Egyptian lawyer said today he was planning to sue the world's Jews for "plundering" gold during the Exodus from Pharaonic Egypt thousands of years ago, based on information in the Bible.

Nabil Hilmi, Dean of the Faculty of Law at Egypt's al-Zaqaziq University, said the legal basis for the case was under study by a group of lawyers in Egypt and Europe.

"This is serious, and should not be misread as being political against any race. We are just investigating if a debt is owed," Hilmi told Reuters in a telephone interview.

The relevant passage from the Bible, Exodus 12 verses 35 to 36 reads: "The Israelites had done as Moses told them; they had asked the Egyptians for jewellery of silver and gold, and for clothing ... And so they plundered the Egyptians."

This translation is in the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible.

Some Jewish commentators say that while the Biblical passage may be fact, the Hebrews were enslaved by the Egyptians and therefore had a right to claim compensation for wages.

"Hilmi's assertion that the Hebrew Bible is fact has given Israel and Jews the world over a reason to rejoice. He has opened the door for all Jews to sue Egypt for over 400 years of slavery," writer Beth Goodman told Reuters.

Tareq Zaghoul, a lawyer at the Egyptian Organisation for Human Rights in Cairo, said it would be difficult to prove historical fact in the passage that would stand up in court.

"This needs historical documents and evidence to back it up. It is rather far-fetched," he said.

Hilmi said Egyptian and European historical and religious experts were trying to establish if the biblical passage could be taken as fact, and hence form the basis for a lawsuit.

He said the argument that Jews could sue Egypt for enslaving them was also being studied by experts.

Hilmi gave no details of which court he planned to file the case in or whether he thought such a case would be exempt from the sort of statute of limitations that in many countries rules out legal cases after a certain period of time.

He also declined to put a value on the goods "plundered".

Reuters

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/11/1063191483613.html?from=storyrhs

Worship_Nature

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 11:43:35 AM »

HAILE to ALL the followers of HIS MAJESTY/EMPRESS MENEN.if I was the judge,i would DISMISS both defendant and prosecutors because,dem ARABS arent even the ORIGINAL EGYPTIANS,and de ASHKENAZI RUSSIAN JEW arent de ORIGINAL inhabitants of IsRA-EL.i OVERstand the exodus story as a ESOTERIC teaching,and not EXOteric.

WORSHIP THE LAWS OF NATURE,AND THEN WORSHIP THE HEAVENS!

FOLLOW THE LAWS OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER & EARTHLY MOTHER
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 01:59:17 PM »

peace.

give thanks 'worship_nature' for the I-sight.
true history frowns upon the myths and illusions.

bless.
Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 10:22:35 PM »

Well the Exodus story itself is an account, though probably inaccurate, of historical events. It's sort of hard to read those gory accounts of the Hebrews slaughtering everybody they met in an esoteric spiritual way.
    Read Judges 19, where a father offers his virgin daughter to be gang-raped by a drunken mob. She is found dead on the doorstep the next morning. Apparently for all those hundreds of Levitical laws, not one of them was broken that night.
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 07:02:50 AM »

Peace.

Rootsie said:

"Well the Exodus story itself is an account, though probably inaccurate, of historical events. It's sort of hard to read those gory accounts of the Hebrews slaughtering everybody they met in an esoteric spiritual way."

Yes true, but what about the story in the Bhagavad Gita? . . . in an exoteric way, the story is about convincing oneself that slaughtering people is somehow justified karmically. Esoterically it is about destroying thought patterns and habits which get in the way of liberation. I think the Exodus story could POSSIBLY be overstood esoterically in the same way if one wanted to.

Just a thought.

Bless.

Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 09:04:04 AM »

You know I agree with you my bredren, and that is how I viewed the OT. Only lately, the EXOTERIC history has been getting in the way!

The Chalice and the Blade by Riane Eisler is good to look at for some things along this line, but then she gets irritating by ignoring Africa...

Rootsie
Immy

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 04:23:02 PM »

Greetings

Those Egyptians and Jews of today, are liars who just looking to make money from history. Jah know!

First of all they are not even original, according to history.
Jah have mercy on those who say that they are what they are NOT.

Holy Emmanuel I Majesty
Blessings flow
iyah360

Higher Reasoning

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2003, 07:11:45 AM »

Peace.

And I and I should not NEED a text such as the bible to give insight. If I and I peer deep enough into any situation in life, truth reveals. JAH works Itinually in nature, the heavens, within and through I and I, through all creation. I and I are co-creators of REALITY.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: