Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:36:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  RASTA IN ANCIENT EGYPT?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RASTA IN ANCIENT EGYPT?  (Read 28444 times)
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« on: May 08, 2003, 04:12:53 PM »

Greetings to Rastafari Collective,

As there seems to be on going European MISconceptions in regards to Rasta and Kemet (Ancient Egypt), I would like to take the opportunity to share some Ancient records which show that RASTA was known and revered in Kemet, thousands of years before the physical manifestation of RasTafari Haile Selassie I. We shall see that when InI say that Rasta has been here from the dawn of Creation, it isnt just lyricks. Please read the following and note not only where RASTA is mentioned, but the HONORABLE context in which it is spoken of.

Let us also remember that the word RA originally comes from Ethiopia:

by: Tsegaye Gabre-Medhin:

The names of Africa and Ethiopia are both Mother-symbols or Matriarchal names. Derived from the ancient Egyptian Kushitic word Afa-Ra-Ka, the original name of Afrika is an Ethiopic noun, as in the name of the pre-Axumite civilization of Yeka (YeHa/ 2600 B.C.), or the modern name of Yeka Mikael meaning God’s Angel Michael. Also the depiction of the Afrika name, as in the Amharic word Afer means Earth and soil, or as in the Oromifa word Afa, means Earth and all the plants that grow on it, and as in the Afar name in the Afar language means Sun King of Earth. Fa-Ra-An (Pharoan, Fereon) means I am the Sun King of Earth. Fa-Ra-Ka-An (Farakan) means, I am the Sun King and God of Earth, etc. In the original black Egyptian Kushitic term, Afa is the Planet Earth. Ra is the Sun King, and Ka is the name of God; therefore Afa-Ra-Ka means the Earth of Sun King and God. Ra is depicted as the male figure: Afa is depicted as the female figure, the Mother Earth. Thus in anthropological terms, both Africa and Ethiopia are very ancient, Matriarchal and Fertility Earth Mothers.

http://www.seleda.com/dec01/aidsenaw.shtml

Ras is the highest noble rank, sometimes borne by minor princes of the Solomonic blood. One had to be elevated to the the rank of negus by Imperial decree, but ras was usually hereditary. (The word's origin is Indo European, hence the Indians' raj, the Egyptians' ra, the Romans' rex.)

ANCIENT SACRED TEXTS (this is where Moses got his "Ten Commandments" from the Original Declarations of Innocence). Please note the FIFTH declaration/commandment:

THE HALL OF DOUBLE TRUTH

(1) Hail, Usekh-nemmt, who comest forth from "ANU ",I have not committed sin.

(2) Hail, Hept-khert, who comest forth from Kher-aha (KERAHA), I have not committed robbery with violence .

(3) Hail, Fenti, who comest forth from Khemenu (KEMENU),I have not stolen.

(4) Hail, Am-khaibit, who comest forth from Qernet (KENET),I have not slain men and women.

(5) Hail, Neha-her, who comest forth from (RASTA),I have not stolen grain .

(6) Hail, Ruruti, who comest forth from ( Heaven ? ), [ HUNU ],I have not purloined offerings.

(7) Hail, Arfi-em-khet, who comest forth from Saut (Asyut),I have not stolen the property of the "SUPREME DIVINE".

(Cool Hail, Neba, who comest and goest ,I have not uttered lies.

(9) Hail, Set-qesu (Set-Kesu), who comest forth from "Hensu",I have not carried away food.

(10) Hail, Utu-Nesert, who comest forth from "Het-Ka-Ptah",I have not uttered curses.

To read the rest of the ENTIRE Declarations please go to this link:

http://www.planetsinternet.com/DECLARATIONS%20OF%20INNOCENCE.htm

From the Papyrus of Nu, Sheet 24)

The steward of the overseer of the seal, Nu, whose word is truth, begotten of the steward of the overseer of the seal, Amen-hetep, whose word is truth, saith:- Hail, ye Four Apes who sit in the bows of the Boat of Ra, who convey truth to Nebertcher, who sit in judgment on the oppressed man and on [his] oppressor, who make the gods to be contented by means of the flame of your mouths, who offer holy offerings to the gods, and sepulchral meals to the Spirit-souls, who live upon truth, and who feed upon truth of heart, who are without deceit and fraud, and to whom wickedness is an abomination, do ye away with my evil deeds, and put ye away my sins [which deserved stripes upon earth, and destroy ye every evil thing which appertaineth to me], and let there be no obstacle whatsoever on my part towards you. O grant ye that I may make my way through the Amehet, let me enter into Rasta, let me pass through the hidden pylons of Ament. O grant that there may be given unto me shens cakes, and ale, and persen cakes, even as to the living Spirit-souls, and grant that I may enter into and come forth from RASTA
http://www.virtual-egypt.com/newhtml/data/bod127.htm

The Priests Anmutef and Sameref

THE SPEECH OF THE PRIEST SAMEREF.

I have come unto you, O ye Tchatcha Chiefs who dwell in Rasta, and I have brought unto you the Osiris Ani, grant ye unto him cakes, and water, and air, and a homestead in Sekhet-hetep as to the followers of Horus.

The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, adoreth Osiris, the Lord of everlastingness, and the Tchatcha Chiefs, the Lords of Rasta. He saith: Homage to thee, O King of Khert-Neter, thou Governor of Akert! I have come unto thee. I know thy plans, I am equipped with the forms which thou takest in the Tuat. Give thou to me a place in Khert-Neter, near the Lords of Truth. May my homestead be lasting in Sekhet-hetep, may I receive cakes in thy presence.

Hail! . . . Who live upon truth, and who feed upon truth of heart, who are without deceit and fraud, and to whom wickedness is an abomination, do ye away with my evil deeds, and put ye away my sins and let there be no obstacle whatsoever on my part towards you. O grant ye that I may make my way through the Amehet, let me enter into Rasta, let me pass through the hidden pylons of Ament. O grant that there may be given unto me shens cakes and ale and persen cakes, . . . And grant that I may enter into and come forth . . -from the Papyrus of Ani: Egyptian Book of the Dead

RASTAFARI EVELIN' EVER SURE!!!!!!!!!!!

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS

http://www.virtual-egypt.com/newhtml/data/bod51.htm

SANKOFA!
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 05:28:55 PM »

Please check out the following link to MUCH MUCH more on Rasta in Ancient Egypt...with PICTURES!

http://www.hopelausa.org/Page3.html

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 03:43:41 PM »

Give thanks for this most precious link Rootswoman!!! Cheesy

Watch for some translation to portuguese in the near future Wink

Bless,

Mandingo.

Check the photo gallery for some vibes from Recife Cool

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
QueenBarakah

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 03:23:03 PM »

Hotep, Greetings, Assulamu Alaikum, Selams to all
The enlightened Rootswoman said the following, I learn so much from her, however I'd like clarification:  Does that mean the original name I've heard that Africa (Alkhebulan), is incorrect?  Or?  Help me overstand please.

IN Peace,
QueenBarakah

"The names of Africa and Ethiopia are both Mother-symbols or Matriarchal names. Derived from the ancient Egyptian Kushitic word Afa-Ra-Ka, the original name of Afrika is an Ethiopic noun, as in the name of the pre-Axumite civilization of Yeka (YeHa/ 2600 B.C.), or the modern name of Yeka Mikael meaning God’s Angel Michael. Also the depiction of the Afrika name, as in the Amharic word Afer means Earth and soil, or as in the Oromifa word Afa, means Earth and all the plants that grow on it, and as in the Afar name in the Afar language means Sun King of Earth. Fa-Ra-An (Pharoan, Fereon) means I am the Sun King of Earth. Fa-Ra-Ka-An (Farakan) means, I am the Sun King and God of Earth, etc. In the original black Egyptian Kushitic term, Afa is the Planet Earth. Ra is the Sun King, and Ka is the name of God; therefore Afa-Ra-Ka means the Earth of Sun King and God. Ra is depicted as the male figure: Afa is depicted as the female figure, the Mother Earth. Thus in anthropological terms, both Africa and Ethiopia are very ancient, Matriarchal and Fertility Earth Mothers.  "

Where the web of the spider joins...it can trap a lion.
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2003, 10:44:55 AM »

Greetings Queen,

Alkebu-lan is an ancient name for Afrika, though NOT the original, as it is an ARABIC name, and we all know that Ethiopia is the MOTHER of Arabia.  The prefix Al is an Arabic one meaning "first", like AL-LAH and other Arabic words begining with AL.

In the Spirit of AFA-RA-KA (Africa)!!!!!!!!!!!

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
QueenBarakah

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 01:06:08 PM »

Greetings Rootswoman,

As I have come to be in the place I am ever thankful, for the wisdom you possess and share with the I.  Sister, can you give more reference please for the AfaRaKa, that may be available.  We are having a heritage summer camp program, and I would love to bring this understanding out to participants.  As time allows you of course.  Be blessed my sister.  

Also, what is your reasoning on First woman, and the creation according to the Ninti?

Are you in the US.  What a n honor it would be to have you come to teach us.  We are having a celebration the last week of august, a type of Karnival.  Just if your interested (smiling widely)

In Peace
QueenBarakah

ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 02:41:51 PM »

Hotep Queen!

Give thanks for your words. Im very honored, humbled and touched by your invitation to come SHARE at your Karnival this summer.  Im presently located in Northern California, and di I? Abundant blessings upon di I as well sistah Queen!  Actually, the ONLY reference I have to AFA-RA-KA is from the following link.  Im looking deeper into the subject as we speak.  When I find more information, I will most definitely update the collective.

http://www.seleda.com/dec01/aidsenaw.shtml

Also, this is a very interesting article on the names of Afrika:

Whats in a name?

http://www.globalafrica.com/Names.htm

INFORMATION ON NINTI:

Afrikan goddess named Ninti (translated: Lady Life), who was the equivalent of chief medical officer, experimented with genetic manipulation. After a number of failures, these two Elohim finally were successful, as Ninti gave birth from an artificially fertilized egg, implanted in her womb. And by the  way, Ninti's nickname was Mammu!

The Y chromosome comes from female scientists, as Ninti, known as Mother Ninti or Nunet, who experimented with the side of an X chromosome maiming it by removing 2.8 percent of X chromosomes. This resulted in a maimed lower right stem, giving the appearance of a Y, which produces less genetic materials, resulting in a Y chromosome, called chromosomal manipulation, a well known experiment today.

In most cultures the first creator deities were female, because men marveled at the ability of women to give birth.  This would make the Hebrews no different, and would also explain how YHWH was able to create beings in the Bible.  And like most of the Biblical stories, this ties into the Sumerian and Babylonian stories of creation.  One in particular is that of Ninti (Royal Lady Of The Heavens) creating beings from clots of her blood (Divine Menstrual Fluids), and this can also be found in the Qur'an where man is created from clots of blood.  The name Adam also means reddish-brown as in dry blood, but when broken down Adam equals Life Blood or the Blood of Life.  Ah Representing the breath of Life, and Dam meaning Blood.  This same Life Blood would be equivalent to the female Menstrual Fluids, and would again tie into the Sumero-Babylonian stories of Ninti and the creation of man.

http://amunpage.virtualave.net/thefacts/greatwomen.html

THE RIB THAT BECAME WOMAN:

http://www.biblicalheritage.org/Bible%20Studies/hawwah.htm

ROOTS Smiley

SANKOFA!
Tyehimba
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 01:35:15 AM »

Greetings I's

This topic of Rastafari exising before 1930's Jamaica is one of great importance. A lot of limitations are often manifested by those who blindly see Rastafari in terms of 1930's onward. Trapped by their Eurocentric interpretation of themselves and by extension their environment they cling on to myths, euro-christianity and the bible in order to justify their existence:very much like a drowning man clinging on to a straw.

Engineering, science, architecture, medicine, astonomy, astrology,mathematics, philosophy, religion etc have been practised by Rastafarians for thousands of years. The purpose of studying history is not so that one could boast and score cheap points, 'we were the first to do this and this and that',
but rather to learn more about self and expose the myths from the truths in the interest of self development.
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 07:31:59 PM »

SPEAK RAS....SPEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!

SANKOFA!
QueenBarakah

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 06:28:42 AM »

Great Greetings to all,  
In keeping with that same vein of thought I read this excerpt from a sister, on a next place I post.  "An important concept
that   informs our research is that the people of KMT did not view knowledge as scientific, religious, political, etc. etc. in  the same manner as we do in this age. All knowledge was understood and used as  part of a wholistic process to achieve unity with  AMUN, the hidden creator of all existence. There was no Egyptian religion! There was no Egyptian philosophy! Those are mental constructs of the Western mind that are designed to keep us  spiritually locked down. We can remove ourselves from the "Matrix" by making the effort to
internalize and integrate the wisdom of KMT into our  lives in a manner that is appropriate for this  day and age. "

Ahhh...when wisdom speaks!

Be Blessed and Have Peace to you all
QueenBarakah

ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2003, 09:58:43 AM »

Hotep sistah!

WELL SAID!

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: