Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:11:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  RASTA ELDER REFUSED VISITATION RIGHTS IN ETHIOPIA BY RAS ALBERT WILLIAMS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RASTA ELDER REFUSED VISITATION RIGHTS IN ETHIOPIA BY RAS ALBERT WILLIAMS  (Read 14595 times)
albert_tempie

« on: December 20, 2010, 08:52:42 AM »

EWF convenor and Rastafarian elder and Black activist  KABINDA HABRE SELASSIE who migrated to Itiopia over 20 years ago continues to update I and I on the atrocities that continue to be perpetuated against children of His Imperial Majesty.

In a recent email, 20.12/10 Kabinda describes how the Ethiopia auhtorities continues to make it difficult for Idren in captivity to be afforded thier human rights et al.

"Satan has been giving I and I a Spiritual fight by preventing I and I from seeing the I and I in captivity..dem claim that if the person is a british national, I cannot see the I unless there is a member fro the embassy...the embassy gave I and I letters giving I and MULTIPLE VISITING RIGHTS, yet dem still refuse I and I...i AND i HAD TO PAY A LIAR 4,000 BIRR IN ORDER TO GET INSIDE.... despite representations, dem still refuse I and I visits...."

Ras Kabinda, went on to state that the  I continues to persecute as a returnee to Itiopia, and was charged 12,5000Birr(Ethiopian money) for alledgledy defaulting on his residence permit.

"Through I and I overcame dem illegal restriction, dem pressure I Man by charging I 2,500 birr in court for being 3 weeks over on I resident permit, although for the past six weeks dem have been blocking I and I from consulting with I and I Idren, who is part of the Agro-Industry and who is a signatory....now after I have fullfilled all the criteria, dem hold down on I Passport, requesting further documents...clearly upset that I and I used legal representation to overcome their blockage, dem now pressure I in dem little semantics...tomorrow I return to check the vibes....recently dem deport an Idren who had been here for the past five years after finding him with less than half a spliff, because his papers were not up to date....many of I and I are in this reality, as the system does not allow for legality based on ethiopic descendancy...."

Meanwhile, The Rastaman who although suffuring with a leg aliment for some time contiues to be resiliant... bemoaned the fact that some dreadlocks seem to have fallen under the influence of the Ethiopian government officials and  have aligned demselves with the local authorities, having built a police station,

"now even joining the force fooling dem, telling dem that I and I are the 83rd Tribe,"  Kabinda says adding,, "but not fullfilling the legal parliamentary process that would enshrine I and I rights within the Constitution...political strategy to keep I and I divided...that way I and I who are in captivity are regarded as criminals and Ones must just stay shut, no matter what is being done .As RASTAFARI, I and I must stand as Man...Herb is for the Healing of the Nation...I and I are Family...truth cannot be compromised...it is I and I Right...it is so distressing to consider that in dis here 21st century, SYSTEMS OF AFRICAN GOVERNANCE are so hollow, so dumb and naive and subservient, without any authentic
originality of LOGICAL CONCEPTIONS..... "

THE ESSENCE AND THE CORE OF THE STRUGGLE MUST BE NATION BUILDING.

Ras Kabinda concluded his email with words of Icoragement for man and man in dis time...

"RASTA MAN...HAIL HAILE I SELASSIE I AND LIVE....him who exalteth himself, shall surely fall....Stand Firm in RASTAFARI for the Race is not the swift, but who can TRULY ENDURE....The Fire is Hot....I and I must be Strong....SPIRITUALLY.....LEST I and I fall prey to satanic illusions......At all Times and In all Circumstances...let Quedamawi Girmawi Haile I Selassie I be I and I Guide....until the african continent is free from foreign domination, I and I Must sTAND fIRM and Resolute....total emancipation from babylon indoctrination and economic exploitation of I and I natural resources ....RASTA MAN MUST STAY FOCUS...THE ESSENCE AND THE CORE OF THE STRUGGLE MUST BE NATION BUILDING....I AND I AS A RASTAFARI NATION CREATING THE NECESSARY FOUNDATION TO SUSTAIN THE NATION...SETTING UP COMMERCIAL FARMS, AGRO-INDUSTRIAL FACTORIES,RESEARCH CENTRES,UNIVERSITIES, HERBAL SANITARIUMS,CULTURAL INSTITUTES...THE WORKS....THIS IS THE ESSENCE...LET I AND I BE WARY OF BABYLON MANIPULATIONS TO DIVERT I AND I ISES TO SUIT DEM POLITICAL AGENDA....."

RASTA MAN...I and I come from the Fire...it is I and I Salvation....Prayers and Iration

[The email ends]
albert_tempie

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 04:07:50 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

Ethiopian World Federation convenor, Rastafarian elder and Black activist KABINDA SELASSIE who migrated to Ethiopia over 20 years ago, continues to fight a war of words with the Ethiopian Government as the authorities continue to perpetuated a catalogue of injustices against Rastafarians who have settled in Ethiopia since the 1940's

In a recent communication [20/12/10] Kabinda describes how the Ethiopia authorities continue to make it difficult for Rastafarians in Ethiopian jails to be afforded their human rights.

"Satan has been giving I and I a Spiritual fight," Kabinda laments, " by preventing I and I from seeing the I and I in captivity.“ Kabinda says that the prison officials claim that if the individual is a British national, that he will not be able to see him unless accompanied by a member of the British Embassy. According to Kabinda, “the embassy gave I and I letters giving I and MULTIPLE VISITING RIGHTS, yet dem still refuse I and I.. AND I HAD TO PAY A LIAR (lawyer) 4,000 BIRR [Ethiopian money] IN ORDER TO GET INSIDE.... despite representations, dem still refuse I and I visits...."

Kabinda, formerly known Desmond Trotter who in the 70's thrust in international prominence when he was falsely accused of murdering an American, and subsequently suffered five years on death row , before being reprieved following his escape from Stock farm prison during the devastation of Dominica of Hurricane David in 1979, went on to state that he and other repatriates continue to be persecuted. He stated that he was as a charged 12,500 Birr (Ethiopian money) for allegedly defaulting on his residence permit.

"Through I and I overcame dem illegal restriction,“ Kabinda says, “dem pressure I Man by charging I 2,500 birr in court for being 3 weeks over on I resident permit, although for the past six weeks dem have been blocking I and I from consulting with I and I Idren, who is part of the Agro-Industry and who is a signatory....now after I have fulfilled all the criteria, dem hold down on I Passport, requesting further documents...clearly upset that I and I used legal representation to overcome their blockage, dem now pressure I in dem little semantics...tomorrow I return to check the vibes....recently dem deport an Idren who had been here for the past five years after finding him with less than half a spliff, because his papers were not up to date....many of I and I are in this reality, as the system does not allow for legality based on Ethiopic descendency...."

Meanwhile, Kabinda who although suffering with a leg aliment for some time continues to be resilient, bemoaned the fact that some dreadlocks seem to have fallen under the influence of the Ethiopian government officials and have aligned themselves with the local authorities, having built a police station,

"now even joining the force fooling dem, telling dem that I and I are the 83rd Tribe," Kabinda says adding,, "but not fulfilling the legal parliamentary process that would enshrine I and I rights within the Constitution...political strategy to keep I and I divided...that way I and I who are in captivity are regarded as criminals and Ones must just stay shut, no matter what is being done .As RASTAFARI, I and I must stand as Man...Herb is for the Healing of the Nation...I and I are Family...truth cannot be compromised...it is I and I Right...it is so distressing to consider that in dis here 21st century, SYSTEMS OF AFRICAN GOVERNANCE are so hollow, so dumb and naive and subservient, without any authentic
originality of LOGICAL CONCEPTIONS..... "

THE ESSENCE AND THE CORE OF THE STRUGGLE MUST BE NATION BUILDING.

Ras Kabinda concluded with words of encouragement for fellow Rastafarians

"RASTA MAN MUST STAY FOCUS...THE ESSENCE AND THE CORE OF THE STRUGGLE MUST BE NATION BUILDING....I AND I AS A RASTAFARI NATION CREATING THE NECESSARY FOUNDATION TO SUSTAIN THE NATION...SETTING UP COMMERCIAL FARMS, AGRO-INDUSTRIAL FACTORIES, RESEARCH CENTRES, UNIVERSITIES, HERBAL SANATORIUMS, CULTURAL INSTITUTES...THE WORKS....THIS IS THE ESSENCE...LET I AND I BE WARY OF BABYLON MANIPULATIONS TO DIVERT I AND I ISES TO SUIT DEM POLITICAL AGENDA....."

"in 1966, Emperor Haile Selassie donated in 1948, 500 acres (2.0 km2) of his private land to allow Black officers, members and other settlers from Jamaica including other parts of the Caribbean to return to their ancestral homeland in Africa, through auspices of the Ethiopian World Federation (EWF) founded in 1937 by the Emperor’s special emissary to Black America, Dr. Melaku E. Bayen." http://www.ethiopianreview.com/articles/4595

Meanwhile
Rastafarian poet and author, Ras Albert Williams has announced the release of the first edition of Dread Rastafari and Ethiopia: The definitive historical report is of the beginning and the rise of the Rastafari movement in the Commonwealth of Dominica
The book, which documents the development of the Rastafari movement in Dominica from its dramatic inception in the 1970’s to the present day. Ras Albert Williams , as a child was swept up in the waves of black power sentiments and inward introspection of the times that was to prepare the backdrop of the formation of Rastafari today.
Ras Williams says, "the book is a work in progress, but I and I need to release this first edition now. Times crucial and the work is over due."
The book is 155 pages and is in the paper back format and in full colour and is available from the author's website: www.diablotintelevision.net and Lulu.com

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: