Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  JAH IS COSMIC FORCE!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: JAH IS COSMIC FORCE!  (Read 12422 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: September 26, 2003, 12:10:18 AM »

I started this debate on the GRL Forum in the thread called "Creation Of The Negro".

Posted By: sivuyile
Date: Thursday, 25 September 2003, at 1:36 p.m.
In Response To: Re: JAH is Cosmic force, that's MY belief! (Bantu-Kelani)

greetings sister
I respect your view. like i said Rastafari has always respected individuality but the question is how does that take us foward as black/ african race of people?
How does it help us in our current situation where bound by debt at both personal and continental level? where supremacy reigns in thought ,word and action !
surely i am right in regarding you as an african revolutionary warrior so may be youcan show how the cosmic narture of jah helps us in our struggle for upliftment and restoration of our people.
Sellasie I inspired i to fight against settler colonialism in azania,angola and zimbambwe ! sellasie is my hope in my daily struggle against white supremacy whether in the form of racism ,capitalism ,neocolonialism and xenphobia today in azania !
I NEED TO LEARN ,SHOW ME PLEASE
each one teach on , each reach one

blessed love
black pure love
sellasie I HOLY EMMANUEL i
sivuyile

Greeting sivuyile!

I am an analytical thinker. At the same time I think I am open and enough progressive to be able to consider people and ideas from all over the spectrum. I try to be realistic in my beliefs of things based on REALITY as I have RESEARCHED, experienced and have been told by wiser and older people.

Everybody need and have a sense that there is something greater than self or than the human race, which is the CORE of any spirituality. Most Ras Tafari people believe this greater than self is Haile Selaisse I, emperor of Ethiopia. Others like me find Impossible to believe in anthropomorphic supernatural BEINGS, and difficult to imagine anything more worthy of reverence than oneself or Humankind, Nature or the power of the Universe. My personal beliefs and values always reconcile spirituality and rationality, emotion and values, human respect and environmental concern altogether with SCIENCE! Is it not the quintessence of InI consciousness the very foundation of the Rastafari movement?

It's because I am being so overpowered in the presence of Nature and glory the human race as a sacred Creation in the Universe bigger than me, that I find solace and GUIDANCE in despair and joy. JAH Cosmic Force gives me the MOTIVATION to achieve despite our tragic condition as black people. Analytical scientific knowledge guides me to Truth, afar from the widely held beliefs of the male chauvinist murder religions and prejudiced societal and politic indoctrinations.

A non-naive mind gives me INNER INTUITION that a natural/scientific Knowledge is the only tool to fight earthly subjugation. It is simply the REALITY and the laws of nature that ever effect us, not the cause of a bigoted anthropomorphic supernatural BEING. This is why I VALUE logic which help me generate a broader mindset and enables me to gain a potent consciousness with regard to my African Heritage and Indigenous African religion! That is why I value reasoned knowledge from scholars and those who are more experienced and successful, which enable me to ask the right questions and get the good information to help LIBERATE Africa and repatriate properly!

Yes! A non-fanatical mind enables me to create reasonable solutions, build, and maintain optimal solutions. I believe in the excellence and Impartiality of JAH in Spirituality and Reason, which help me to implement solutions effectively in competitive and complex situations.

Each person defines his/her own ethos within the broader Rastafarian culture that is fantastic, for I believe that we have enough brainpower within the Diaspora for us to go ahead and get our MOTHER CONTINENT together as long as we give into unselfishness and reason! That's MY belief~!

Bantu-Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 08:11:59 AM »

I think that throughout human history it has been natural for humans to symbolize the Divine Cosmic Force in first animal and then in human form. What is tragic and I suppose darkly funny is that then ones fight over the superiority of their representation of Divinity over someone else's. They bring the 'Promised Land/Chosen people' construct to the table and claim their knowledge of Divinity is THE only way to know it. And here we should be advanced enough in our evolution to know that this is the great danger and mistake of worshiping what are only physical representations of the Essence. Since Esssence constitutes EVERYTHING, it is silly to worship one representation over another. And the surest knowledge of it for us comes from engaging the Divine in our very own selves!  If worship is recognition and remembrance and celebration of the Divine, I guess you could say I 'worship' my self.  I do not seek anyone to worship me, but the divine in their own selves. I find human representations, pictures, shrines, statues, prayers, and scriptures to be very beautiful and nourishing and a testimony to our human yearning for Divine Truth. If ones choose the representation of Haile Selassie as a symbol of that Divine Truth, there is no problem. The problem is in loving the symbol over the Divine Principle which it represents. That is the definition of idolatry.
    I also note the arrogance with which people tend to claim that their particular symbol or representation is the HIGHEST and BEST representation, as if they have cornered the market on truth. I know this territory very well because in some ways I used to engage in this arrogance myself.

Rootsie
afrikanrebel06

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 03:38:25 PM »

actually,the original word is ja ja fu mi ne ela,from the yoruba word,inner spirit please fight for me,
ja ja fu mi ne ela,as alpha blondy sings Beam
yoruba cosmology is as old as kemetic cosmology,or even older,the deities across africa,are practically the same with different names,more original is the dahomian version how the universe was made and how the forces of the universe came about check www,mamiwata.com  i will check the page for further refferences.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: