Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:03:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Young Adults
| | |-+  Looking for guidance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for guidance  (Read 16082 times)
Irajamuan

« on: April 24, 2011, 10:19:19 PM »

Hi
I have been raised by a white family. Although I am latino, I am blindfolded by white privilege. I want to cast this blindfold off.

I was atheist but I now see the wonders that Jah works, and the love he has for all humanity. I have been trying to learn about IanI and Selassie I, and I am always trying to become a better, more tolerant person. I have learned some things, but I have never been able to hear the teachings of another rasta.

I know that I am not rasta. But I believe in Jah, in the teachings of Selassie I, I love all life equally, and I am trying to learn the teachings of IanI. Please help me to let go of my false beliefs.

gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 04:40:58 PM »

Hail Up
I recommend you take a look through the "essential reasonings" section of the website. Also check all the posts from Ras Marcus who is an honour rebel elder of the struggle. Also the members of the administration of this board like Ayinde, Leslie, Tyehimba, Ayanna and all of them are wise people in my opinion. Take everything as food for thought and make up your own mind about everything. Like Ras Marcus always says, we are all teachers and students. Take care, seek the truth and have no fear!
Irajamuan

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 12:19:21 AM »

Thank you - I really appreciate the advice
siger

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 05:04:49 AM »

there once was a poet called eja...

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 08:06:07 AM »

Also - can't forget the co-founder of this site Ras Akel AKA Ras Forever, who is now with the ancestors:
http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/articles/03092002.html
And check the story and quotes of elder James "Jah Lightning" Campbell:
http://www.rastaspeaks.com/IanI/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: