Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:24:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Documentaries
| | |-+  Documentary RASTA IN CONGO
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Documentary RASTA IN CONGO  (Read 10178 times)
yenge zola

« on: May 08, 2011, 08:17:30 AM »

Dear Friends, greetings in the name of the most High.

I'd like to present to you a documentary that was shot in Congo last summer about the Congolese rasta Federation. It highlights their visions and opinions on implementing rasta philosophy in Congo, as a part of a wider global movement. This organization is building a solid foundation and has got many projects on the works (agriculture, education, culture and art). They are even ready to receive rasta bredren from all over the world. A hopeful evolution in a country as Congo.

Please watch the video on FERACO documentary: Rasta in Congo and tell us what you think.

One Love !  Africa Unite !
gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:42:32 AM »

Interesting... hail up all the rastas in Congo... would be interested to hear more about Kimbangu and his relationship to the Rastafari movement. What is the relationship between the Rastas and the Kimbangu-ist churches? Do the latter have any revolutionary aspects to their doctrines as well? What is, or could, the Rastafari movement be doing to address the warfare and child soldiers and mass rapes in the Congo? What is the postion of wombman in the movement - I didn't see many in the documentary. Do the I's see any contradiction in having a white person (to look at) as (apparently) a main spokesman?
Don't take these questions the wrong way, they are in no way intended to dis anyone!!! Nuff Respect to all the Rastaman, wombman and child in the Congo and around Mumma Africa and Mumma Earth. PS Good to hear mention of Thomas Sankara, one of the greatest African liberators of recent times in my opinion. RAAAAAAASTAFARI...
Midnite - The eyes are the lights
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: