Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:37:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  All the hate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: All the hate  (Read 10088 times)
Matt

« on: May 30, 2011, 12:34:39 AM »

I would never claim to be or know something I am not, I don't claim to be a rasta though I agree strongly with everything I have learned about it I do not feel that I know enough to fully be a follower. I understand where whites lost all trust with people around the world. However realize not every white ancestor did those things, I am white, I'm not privileged, and my ancestors were Amish. The Amish never owned slaves so none of my direct ancestors did any of those things.  I nor I family members have ever committed a racist act. So why am I the devil and notballowed to be a follower of the most high just because of color? Is this not about equality for all men and women?
melaninmagic

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »

what are you really looking for? If you seek answers to this question you ask, then you will find them if you just read past articles.

However realize not every white ancestor did those things, I am white, I'm not privileged

Or, did you arrive at these conclusions by reading these previous posts? If this is the case, why would you still be seeking a response different from that which was already given?

siger

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 07:25:43 AM »

i find that hate is lost to this world. if there is such a thing as hate, it is misunderstood. we fear, and when we fear, we call hate to whis world. but fear is lost to this world. if there is such a thing as fear, it is misunderstood. we cling to ignorance, and when we stop rising, we call fear into this world. but there is no such thing as ignorance. if there is, it is misunderstood.

overstand this concept. misunderstanding calls hate to this world.
if you overstand, then move forward.

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: