Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:18:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Special Reasonings Archive
| | |-+  THE PURPOSE OF HISTORY IN SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTENMENT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: THE PURPOSE OF HISTORY IN SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTENMENT  (Read 13315 times)
Tyehimba
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« on: May 20, 2003, 04:36:32 AM »

"What became of the Black People of Sumer"? the traveller asked the old man, " for the ancient records show the the people of Sumer were black.What happened to them"?
"Ah"the old man sighed."they lost their history and so they died............."

http://www.raceandhistory.com/Historians/

What is the purpose of history in the whole process of reclaiming self and realizing spritual development?

I see a great need to counter the false progaganda encountered in every facet of human life. The (mis)information is seen in history, in media, in education, in..................ignorance and deliberate miseducation abounds

Therefore the need for alternative forms of media is of great importance. For example this forum has done and is doing a great deal to facilitate re-education and thus development of our higher self.

I have often encounterd individuals who want to skip history's lessons and attain spiritual enlightenment through the bloody lens of Christianity or Islam. That reminds me of something i heard "if a person is a good good good good good good Christian, then that person wouldn't be a Christian" From what i have observed this whole culture of Euro Christianity has caused us to run from our true selves and lose ourselves in the bible and in the church/it has caused our people to become house slaves, whose every action serves to suppress and enslave their brothers and sisters further.

I met a Afrikan brother two weeks ago who tried to sell me Islam amidst a barrage of lies. First he asked me if i knew that 80% of slaves brought from Afrika were Muslims. I laughed. He proceeded in his conversion quest by telling me that Islam was responsible for bring the concept of One God to the pagans of Afrika. When i jammed him with some information about pagan being a Western/Christian term that seeks to descedit AFrikan traditions (in which the concept of one God has been alive for thousands and thousands of yeaars), he start to backpeddle..................to late

I do not believe with the telling of one's faith for the purpose of conversion.

There is a very interesting book  that deals with the need for Afrikan History called:

From Afrikan Captives to Insane Slaves: The Need for Afrikan History in Solving the "Black" Mental Health Crisis in "America" and the World by Yosef Ben jOCHANNAN

Ras Tyehimba
Ras Mandingo

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 05:11:48 AM »

Greetings Tyehimba,

Always a pleasure reasoning with the Trini Idren from the hills...

This is what your Brasilian Idren has to share:

If a people (or an individual) doesn't know the own history, doesn't know why/where is now at the present and can't predict a satisfatory future. There's a book called "Stolen Future", I don't remember the author, but it shows how we lose our future because of ignorance of past...and consequently of present and future...revealing a lost person (or people) in actions and thoughts.

So, as AmonHotep says, the center of the universe is about history, not geography.

Self-development then depends from history as much as holistic self-knowledge.

Life is time and space together. So, history and knowledge of self is fundamental.

Guidance and give thanks for all the reasonings Wink

Mandingo.

Haile,
Wisdom, Knowledge, Strenght & Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tyehimba
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 09:27:30 PM »

From the earliest times it was known in Egypt that there is only one GOD, the One Truth.  This is why a deep study of the many religions, mystery systems and myths around the world reveals 'similarities' in philosophy and symbolism; it is due to the one common source of them all. It is our duty to enquire deeply into the nature of that truth since knowing the exact truth is the basis of our well being.

The danger of studying the past lies in the past lies in the 'purpose'. Are we studying it for personal achievement, that is, to get a degree, to attain stature and respect, for financial gain, for power and control of others through information, to prove that we are better than someone else, or to understand and assist ourselves and others in the journey of life, the highest goal of service. Surely truth must be our goal, as nothing else can set us free.

The aim of this work is to show and to explore a deeper historical background of Yoga and to provide a simplified guide for this discipline. The author hopes that those seekers, who are interested in expanding their consciousness will have further information to draw on to attain a deeper understanding of themselves thorough a deeper understanding of the mystical discipline of Yoga from the Egyptian perspective. The better the understanding
of a given thing, the better one is able to apple and use it. It is not the intention of this author to prove that Egyptian philosophy was the basis of the Judeo-Christian Religion. This was shown long ago by researchers such as Count Volney, Gerard Massey, Charles Finch, Albert Churchward and others.

Muata Ashby
Egyptian Yoga. Philosophy of Enlightenment
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 11:33:41 PM »

IMPORTANT and INTERESTING topic KING Tyehimba! Many, TOO MANY of our AFRIKAN brothers and sisters are still trapped in MENTAL SLAVERY. Lost in MIS-EDUCATION  thinking the Oppresor is Superior. This tragedy is based on LIES on the FALSEHOOD of HIS-STORY, their 24/7 RACIST propaganda now marketed with the UTOPIA of HUMANISM and MULTICULTURALISM whereas UNEQUALITY, INJUSTICE still remains! KNOWING our TRUE -STORY is the KEY to LIBERATION! SANKOFA has the effect of FIRE,  of a CLEANSING RAIN, of a PURIFYING WIND, of RENESSAINCE! As Rastafarians it is OUR DUTY to share our  FOREFATHERS Knowledge to show, teach our LOST brothers and SIsters that HARMONY, MAGNIFICENCE, JUSTICE and TRUTH  prevailed in ETHIOPIA so  it shall Prevail in the future, REMAIN if only W.E RE-Embrace ALL SANKOFA H.I. M Spritually, Culturally, Politically Totally!

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 03:48:10 PM »

AFRIKAN PEOPLE, study your TRUE -STORY and CULTURE! You can NOT understand anything that is going on without understanding the HIS-STORY!

AFRIKA for AFRIKANS! JAH BLESS!

SisKelani-

" Let the image of God be African. Let the angels be African as well and paint the devil any color you choose, but never the color of the Negro race." A.E. Beyioku.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: