Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:29:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Relationships and Gender Issues (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Male sexuality: frankly speaking
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Male sexuality: frankly speaking  (Read 7620 times)
Iniko Ujaama
InikoUjaama

« on: January 08, 2012, 10:56:49 PM »

In my experience I have found that we males do not speak very much among ourselves about sex except in a very shallow superficial way usually reduced to ego massaging overtly or otherwise. Although scientific study into male sex organs had been way ahead of that of females sexual dysfunction is rampant among males and the sexual dissatisfaction among females as well which can partly be accounted for by male ignorance and a society which generally surpresses female sexuality.
So I sense that although male sexuality has not been suppressed in the way that female sexuality has, it has been suppressed in another way by making it superficial.
For instance there has been a lot in the news about most females not reaching orgasm. But I think the same is so for males. I say this because from my experience an erection is not the same as sexual arousal(although it would most likely include the erection) and similarly ejaculation to me is necessary but not sufficient for male orgasm.
I also think we males take less care of our health generally even down to physical hygeine as we see being concerned with our bodies as something feminine.
I was reading a very interesting article today about the female clitoris and the complexity of the female sex organs. I have not been able to find an article which looks at male sex organs in as much detail.
I would really like to be exposed to more information about males and sexual hygiene, sexual organs and experiences. What does history say about male sexuality in a frank manner? What practices did males of various cultures employ in studying and improving their sexuality? Are there examples of males speaking frankly of sexuality (I can think of some Chinese texts which do) and when and how did this change to the way of relating to sex which I mentioned above?

females are welcome to participate in the discussion as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: