Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:07:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 116 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Stupid Californians Stupidly Elect a Stupid Govern
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stupid Californians Stupidly Elect a Stupid Govern  (Read 21619 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: October 09, 2003, 04:30:05 AM »

Stupid Californians Stupidly Elect a Stupid Governor!

Those stupid ** ! Could they possibly have elected anyone with less of an idea of how to fix the budget in California Dizzy ?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/07/recall.main/index.html

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Burt4x4

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 07:22:24 AM »

Can this post be any more negative? The neagtivity around here is at an all time high? But what do I know, I'm just a racist white guy....right?
So much anger? So much hate?
For the most part I keep my keyboard to myself because I am here to learn about truth and the search for happiness.....
One Love
Burt
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 07:55:44 AM »

Do you believe slavery is wrong, Burt4x4?

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Burt4x4

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 08:33:25 AM »

Yes I do. I also donot agree with any form of racisim. I teach my children that ALL are different for a reason. I share alot of the same views of the good people here too, but I allways try to remain positive and constructive. I try not to take it personal(being white) I did not choose my skin color at birth. It is difficult being white with a Rasta Heart. I am still learning this I know. That is why I am here...searching for truth and happiness.
One Love
Burt
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 09:52:12 AM »

I don't think any kind of hate lives in this Community. We are pointing out SICKNESS, ILLNESS! Certainly, Blacks are at the center of it quite obviously! So please do not claim what you THINK, it's certainly wrong. That said, don't you think black folks have a right to their feelings - whether animosity, anger after 400 years of colonialism, enslavement, rape, lynching, buy, sell, and villifying?

Also, do you actually know what Arnie's platform consists of? Tell, I'm curious to know.

Bantu-Kelani.

sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2003, 09:52:32 AM »

Yes This post was written in much ignorance due to the fact that it's refering to Californians as if we ALL voted for Arnold. First of all, ones and ones of RASTAFARI know this is already written, I could have bet someone millions on the election of Arnold Schwartzenager... don't you all realize they're all like family? Hitler, Bush (both), Mussolini, Queen Elizabeth, and the pope is their father. I suggest anyone of such immediate negativity as far as voting goes to read the book "Behold a Pale Horse" By Cooper... written by a former CIA agent, that book will show you the root of the AIDs epidemic, and further more the plans that are already set for the future by this babylon force. You really think our vote really counts? Please.

What kind of responses were you expecting to this post? Obviously you expected ones to "slanderously" put down California with you...
Oh and how bout Nelson Mandela's phone call of congratulating Arnold on his election from S. Africa?? What do you have to say about that???

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
Burt4x4

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2003, 09:58:38 AM »

Do you believe slavery is wrong, Burt4x4?

I would like to share a story with you.
History is a big part of who we are correct?
My history or family history is one that I can be proud of dispite the fact my family is part of the babylonian system by default.
My roots here in the USA go back before the Civil War here in the states. At this time my family was living in Wisconson and joined the fight to eliminate slavery from the south. Well I'm sure you all have heard of the "Undergound Railroad" term refering to the passages the Black people took to escape the racist whites of the South. My family played a huge part in harboring and transporting Black people to safety. The 'Burt House' at the time was used to harbor and protect thease people. This is family history that I am proud of. The fact that my blood line did NOT teach racisim but equality amoung all humans. We grew the corn and shared the corn among all the people in the community. There are some white skinned people who are not the devils. Just beacuse we are white does not mean we are part of the oppression in the world. I guess my point is I do not wish to be associted with the oppressors of the world simply beacuse of my skin color.
I hope this story helps in some way...
One Love
Burt
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2003, 10:22:12 AM »

Yes This post was written in much ignorance due to the fact that it's refering to Californians as if we ALL voted for Arnold. First of all, ones and ones of RASTAFARI know this is already written, I could have bet someone millions on the election of Arnold Schwartzenager... don't you all realize they're all like family? Hitler, Bush (both), Mussolini, Queen Elizabeth, and the pope is their father. I suggest anyone of such immediate negativity as far as voting goes to read the book "Behold a Pale Horse" By Cooper... written by a former CIA agent, that book will show you the root of the AIDs epidemic, and further more the plans that are already set for the future by this babylon force. You really think our vote really counts? Please.

What kind of responses were you expecting to this post? Obviously you expected ones to "slanderously" put down California with you...
Oh and how bout Nelson Mandela's phone call of congratulating Arnold on his election from S. Africa?? What do you have to say about that???

Because Mandela congratulated Arnie on the phone we should not question his wisdom or capabilities??

You people ignore political outcomes in terms of they could be detrimental to black people for some personal philosophy that has no basis except narrow-mindedness. In informal black message boards, a lot of white/ near-white so-called Rastafarian arrogance gets out that would be kept quiet otherwise.

B.K

sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2003, 10:30:49 AM »

Pulling the race card is always easier than responding to the reasonments isn't it?

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
Yann

Ayanna's Roots

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2003, 10:58:21 AM »

I think you have raised something important that many whites struggle with when they first come to this board, burt 4X4. If you are as aware as you say you are about racism and oppression facing african people then it should be clear to you why these issues need to be addressed; issues of racism, colourism, discriminations etc.  You say the site is negative. Well often times there is very little to be positive about when dealing with these issues. It would be nice I suppose to talk about the flowers and the trees etc but that would not take us anywhere would it?

It is good that you talk to your children about racism. I hope you take some lessons from the board and engage them further.  What you may see as negativity is necessary. We discuss issues very openly and plainly here, no eggshells to walk on, and no claims of peace and love and blessings all the time to cloud the issues. They are tough and they must be dealt with plainly.

It is difficult for many whites to deal with these issues because they take them personally… AS WELL THEY SHOULD!  When we get personally offended then it should make us examine our behavior and hidden prejudices even more and consciously refine our own behavior. No one has called you racist but many of us who would not see ourselves as racist have elements of prejudice that we need to deal with in ourselves. This applies to both black and white people and all the shades in between. Ones can feel offended or uncomfortable or ones can use that feeling to inspire them to learn. The choice is theirs. Many whites have passed through the board, dealt with this discomfort and perceived negativity, engaged the issues legitimately and have come out better for it. Many blacks have had to do the same thing.  When we look at the system, as it exists, we often have to realize that although we ourselves are not prejudiced (or so we think) it is often just as much how we are perceived by others as much as how we perceive ourselves that counts. It how we are perceived that benefits us in this system. As a white person you do benefit. That is fact.  That does not mean you are evil. It just means that we all have much work to do to check ourselves and find the best way to crush the system that embraces some and excludes others. That is the starting point for all.

Having said this, do not feel that African people must not then be angry and hard-hitting in their responses and opinions. We have a right to be in dealing with ALL injustices. This is not a place to ‘play’ nice. We respect each other and try to reason respectfully but playing nice is not really a prerequisite.

I urge you to explore all the sites further. There is much helpful information contained here other than the reasoning forum.
Burt4x4

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2003, 12:23:23 PM »

Thankyou for your words Yan, yes I am learning. I belive we all can live together in peace. My awareness of the world is contiuing to grow. I don't have as much awareness as most of you here. I have only begun the journey to 'break out' of babylon in the last year. Were i'm sure most of you have spent a life time doing so. I just want to be a positive part or role for thoes around me, especially my children. I grew up on a farm outside of the city. I have no religous backgound and I am not a political person nor to I have a high education, basically a very simple person. I am a peaceful person by nature and have never been able to deal with negativity too well. I am glad I have spoke up today, I feel stronger.
Thanks and Raspect to all, If I have offended anyone here please accept my aplogy.
One Love
Burt
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2003, 01:05:05 PM »

I certainly do not believe that you intentionally meant to offend anyone.

These issues may seem tough for many but they are part of a necessary process for conscious development. People should not simply tolerate each other or else when one side gets the upper hand they simply oppress the other as many Blacks have experienced.

Dealing with the tough issues is part of getting to know who/what you want to Unite with. It is that simple! These critical examinations are to ensure that we are not repeating historical errors and 'sleeping with the enemy' sometimes quite literally.

Too often people get caught up with only the symbols of things when right below the cosmetics the same oppression persists. This is how it is all over, even among those who hail Rastafari.  But some of us prefer a more critical look at things.
Burt4x4

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2003, 01:38:30 PM »

Yes Ayinde I am learning this.
Much Raspect to you, I have read many of your posts.
Too all,
Thankyou for reasoning with me today. This is a good reality check for me. Much Raspect and Love helping me overstand my journey to stregthen InI, JAH!
Burt
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2003, 05:37:32 PM »

Burt4x4,

Your POV is heavily dependent on the fact that you've learned history primarily through the eyes of our slavers so far...If you want to promote our progress, you can help to turn the situation around by getting some clues. Start to read some broad social literature daily. You will see what is REALLY going on across the racial landscape- Informed people are inspired by Truth that forces convictions and inspire them to Action!    

The overriding objective of the site IS the uplift of Africans/ Rastas/ Rastafarians - our people, our communities, our businesses, our cultural interests, etc. Support our positions by a sincere and unwavering passion for exchanging Black issues with your folks so as to challenge the status quo of traditional white superiority. The time has come for you to wake up and become adult globally and do the job NOW for our survival and longevity.

Peace and respect!

Bantu-Kelani.  

Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2003, 05:50:40 PM »

Kelani:
"If you want to promote our progress, you can help to turn the situation around by getting some clues. Start to read some broad social literature daily"

Kelani, can you and others name some sources for broad social literature. Much thanks.

Kebo

African justice - white redemption
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: