Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:34:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  AFRICA AND THE DIASPORA
| |-+  Our Beautiful People (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  MALCOLM X QUOTES
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MALCOLM X QUOTES  (Read 13807 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: May 27, 2003, 03:08:38 AM »

"The Negro revolution is controlled by foxy white liberals, by the Government itself. But the Black Revolution is controlled only by God."
Speech, Dec. 1, 1963, New York City.

"I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don't believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn't want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn't know how to return the treatment."
Speech, Dec. 12 1964, New York City.

"It's just like when you've got some coffee that's too black, which means it's too strong. What do you do? You integrate it with cream, you make it weak. But if you pour too much cream in it, you won't even know you ever had coffee. It used to be hot, it becomes cool. It used to be strong, it becomes weak. It used to wake you up, now it puts you to sleep."
"Message to the Grass Roots," speech, Nov. 1963, Detroit (published in Malcolm X Speaks, ch. 1, 1965).

"Concerning nonviolence, it is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks."
Malcolm X

"A race of people is like and individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself."
Malcolm X.

"If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary."
Malcolm X.

"I believe that there will ultimately be a clash between the oppressed and those that do the oppressing. I believe that there will be a clash between those who want freedom, justice and equality for everyone and those who want to continue the systems of exploitation."
Malcolm X.

"It is a time for martyrs now, and if I am to be one, it will be for the cause of brotherhood. That's the only thing that can save this country."
Malcolm X, February 19, 1965 (2 days before he was murdered by Nation of Islam followers).

"Without education, you're not going anywhere in this world."
Malcolm X.

"You don't have to be a man to fight for freedom. All you have to do is to be an intelligent human being."
Malcolm X.

"I am not a racist. I am against every form of racism and segregation, every form of discrimination. I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color."
Malcolm X.

AFRIKANS HAVE TO ACHIEVE WITHOUT WHITES IN ORDER TO BE SEEN AS FULLY PARTICIPATIN IN THE DRAMA OF HISTORY. MALCOM X BELIEVED IN THIS IDEA!

BLACK BROTHERS AND SISTERS, LET'S BE STRONG, PROUD, UNITED WORLDWIDE AND EDUCATED....ONLY THEN BABLYON WILL BURN AND WE WILL BE FREE AT LAST!

SISKELANI-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: