Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:54:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 43 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  AFRICA AND THE DIASPORA
| |-+  Our Beautiful People (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  White contribution to the Black struggle for Freed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: White contribution to the Black struggle for Freed  (Read 63885 times)
Ruaka

ONE GOD

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2003, 05:54:35 AM »

ROOTSWOMAN what youve written has upset me. I dont feel you have any right to judge me and quote me the way you have done.
You say you fight predejuce but you have PLENTY OF IT yourself.

I never implyied that Malcolm X wasnt a sutable leader. You have no idea about how I feel about Malcolm X, yet you presume that I am trying to "mission" you to get you to follow someother than a blackman!
What I asked was a simple question but you twisted it and made it wicked. I want you to know that I will not allow another than GOD to judge me the way you have done. Dont think to highly of yourself.

Now Siskelani I thank you for answering my questions, I know very well of the struggle Africans face today. I know much of the oppresion that lives on.

This board is here for us to reason. We are meant to teach and be tought. What I meant with my previous post is that I see alot of hostility here. The White supremacy system is oppresing black people in this world but we cannot stop this problem by verbally abussing back-and-forth.
I believe many people on this board are nieve and dont seem to understand what is happening today in forinstance Africa.

But this is not fully their own fault. Here in babylon man is protected from all of it, seen. People in babylon dont know that their governments are sponsoring wars in Africa and if they do they have been brainwashed to believe its for a good cause, to get rid of a dictator forinstance.

But still we are not helping eachother by fussing and fighting you see.
We must tell people the truth but do we need to make every white person feel guilty? As long as we continue this fussing and fighting rasism will continue. I ask you Siskelani, do you have any white friends?

Now some people on this board seem to think that RASTAFARI is all about ONE LOVE, PEACE and HARMONY. It is. But that is the goal you see. That can only be reached when all wickedness is gone and we have entered the gates of ZION. Those who believe life to be like this always are hippies and not Rasta. The two of them should not be confused.

I would like you to know Siskelani that I respect you very much and from what ive seen even in other board topics you have alot of interesting views to share.
I look forward to seeing your answer.

I forgot to add:
To The Oppressor not ALL People are ONE, EQUAL..AFRIKANS are barely HUMANS to their eyes.

Who do you see as the oppressor? We cannot brush all white people with one comb and say that they all see Africans as barely human.

Should we care what Caucasians think about Afrikans? Knowing you never think any GOOD about us.

I believe it is important to have a good soul. The only way to Zion is by having a clean soul. We cannot judge all White people in this way, for this is exactly the same thing many of people do to Black people. Black people are often brushed aside with the same comb, people calling them crooks, murderers and uncivilized. We are all ONE that is the truth but here in babylon we have been split up.

While some drown in the sea of poverty others cruise in the ships of riches/ Sam
RasIene

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »

"Watch the Fiyah Wheh a Blaze" Greetings SisKelani, RootsWoman I and I not watching face. "More fiyah."
But I want to know the "Fiyah" that blazes brom the chalice of the I's word is it to illiminate or darken Caucasion Rasta? Is it to hot them into recognition of Black power and that the philosophy of Rasta embraces it?
What do you think White Rastas want? Should there be a speech or post from us of what Caucasions want from following Rasta philosophy. Don't you think that by we being here we are making effort to keep the reality of Rastafari as being an energy to unite.
I say that Caucasion presence on this board continues to provide an entrance on what we can achieve as a people. There are many Blacks today who do not feel Black pain, and is not interested in Africa or its suffering. How do you address that. If Caucasion should remove themselves from this board
what would be your voice? What if I am Caucasion can I change my skin color for a Black person to overstand that I mean Africa all good!

RasIene.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2003, 11:46:13 PM »

To RasIene,

The Few BLACKS who do not FEEL the overwhelming PAIN, unlike the MAJORITY of BLACKS/AFRICAINS, have been sucessfully BRAINSWASHED by their WESTERN MASTERS. They have been bought, they became GREEDY and SELFISH, trapped under the Claws of MATERIALISM! The deceased MOBUTU SESE of CONGO-ZAIRE , the Famous Agent for the CIA, one of the Bloodiest DICTACTOR in AFRICA, was one of these  UNGRATEFUL NEGROS. The BLACK BOURGEOISIE, BLACK CONSERVATIVES!  ALL of them are UNGRATEFUL and do not care about the SACRIFICE and  COURAGE of their ANCESTORS, ELDERS who FOUGHT for their FREEDOM. MATERIALISM and the WESTERN BRAINSWASHING made them ABOMINABLE! To THOSE BLACKS, Puppets controled by more GREEDIER, SELFISHIER and BRUTISH people.. We REJECT them, we CURSE them! UNDER JAH They will Pay like their  MASTERS.

Also, we do not ask white poeple to change the color of their Skin. (Most of them DO NOT WANT anyway..).  All we ask them is to NOT tell AFRICANS HOW we should THINK and FEEL. Because indeed they are not in our BLACK SKIN and they have not any IDEA HOW is it to LIVE in schocking Poverty, WARS, to be DESHUMINAZINED, lose ones REAL NAMES, ROOTS and TRADITIONS. We just want them to Acknowledge our REALITY. We want them to NOT AVOID to POINT and NAME the Oppressor. Because by doing this they will NEVER help us solve our PROBLEMS! If RASTAFARI bring them Enlightment and COMPASSiON GOOD for them but it should also INCINTE them to FIGHT by our side...LOBBY their Goverments, MARCH, PROTEST, talk and PREACH "in MASS" to their PEOPLE who HARM AFRIKANS the MOST. Only then we will able to RE-GAIN our POWER and EQUAL RIGHTS... and TRUST you/them!

To Ruaka,

I REALLY appreciate your comment AFRIKAN BROTHER!

No not ALL white people are the same True. But MOST of them are EGOIST and have INGRAINED in their Minds the Complex of SUPERIORITY! MOST  never question the STATU-QUO. In their Minds we are "Inferiors" thus we deserve to be EXPLOITED and MUST live under Neo-COLONISATION! Very FEW question MASSA. Very FEW are willing to question MASSA! I don't have time to DE-PROGRAM these people!  I tried in the Past, I tried to TEACH them about our REAL STORY. I tried to tell them about the SOURCES and CAUSES of our OPPRESSION. It was a DISASTER! They Mocked me, called me Names, like on this Baord. MOST of them do not want to hear about the Truth! And don't be Naive MOST of them ARE AWARE of what's going on! In the U.S , Europe, CANADA, AUSTRALIA they have BETTER EDUCATION and have the  MOST ACESS to TECHNOLOGY with the newest model of TV, RADIO,  COMPUTORS-INTERNET do you remember? With these TEchnological TOOLS they keep updated with National and GLOBAL AFFAIRS! But MOST of them want to KEEP the STATU-QUO, because they BENEFIT form it. The Cheap LABOR and Roberry of AFRIKAN Natural Ressources keep their Countries POWERFUL MILITARY and ECONOMICALLY. One of them even told me the other day " It is NORMAL FOR AMERICA TO PRESERVE our HEGEMONY IT'S ABOUT OUR PRESTIGE!" YOu see, MOST Caucasians put their Country and PEOPLE FIRST in their  CORPORATIONS, in their RELIGIONS (VATICAN-ROME Anyone??), in POLITICS (Have you ever seen a BLACK PRESIDENT in a Western Country?), EVERYWHERE! Why Blacks can not do the same?? Being NATIONALISM is SELF-PRESERVATION not Racism! They cannot project their IMPERIALIST, CHAUVINIST and EGOISTICAL way on COnSCIOUS AFRICANS NO! Our only Goal is to UPLIFT BLACK PEOPLE, give them back PRIDE, SELF-RELIENCE and PROSPERITY! We do not have time to worry about PLEASING or DISPLEASING Caucasians or any OTHER who wish to DESTROY AFRICAN COMMUNITY and DEVELOPMENT. CONSCOIUS AFRICANS/TRUE RASTAFARIANS are only concerned to UNITE BLACK PEOLE because HIS-STORY has proven they cannot be TRUSTED! FREEDOM, EQUALITY will come from our own HANDS. CHARITY  starts at HOME! Ask the CAUCASIANS, ARABS, CHINESE, INDIANS, JAPANESE AND JEWS they will tell you! They NEVER put other poeple FIRST. NONE of THEM but the AFRICAN...

Kelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
Ras_Joe

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2003, 07:12:58 AM »

Queen INI words flow like the Nile that stretches throughout Africa. Sister I feel uplifted reading INI post as it is your power and strength that I feel in your post. Queen it is a must that the I itinues to post what the I post, as it is thee truth that INI stand firm on. Sister in no way can a brother or sister who has knowledge of self label you as a racist, it is only those wolves and submissive idiots who will do so. Sister I leave the I with a divine love and I pray that Jah keeps the I here.

Blessed Love FiyaQueen,
Ras Joe
Ayinde
Ayinde

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2003, 02:40:03 PM »

How Whites Use Asians to Further Anti-Black Racism

Posted: Thursday, October 3, 2002
By Tim Wise, raceandhistory.com
Tim Wise is a WHITE antiracist essayist, activist and lecturer.

It happened again, for what seems like the millionth time. Once again, in response to something I said about ongoing racism in the United States, someone (a white male, naturally) pulled out the all-too-common conservative race card (oh yes, they have one), which they believe disproves the existence of racial injustice. It sounds a bit like this:

"If racism is such a big deal in America, then why have Asians done so well? Why is Asian income higher than white income? Doesn't this prove that the problem with blacks is simply a lack of effort?"

Offered this challenge most recently by a disgruntled county employee in Minneapolis who resented having to sit through a speech I had given, I rolled my eyes, took a deep breath and considered the irony of the query (ironic because it always comes from whites who insist on their "color-blindness") before issuing my reply.

As I pondered my response, I thought about the Asian women working twelve hours a day in garment sweatshops both abroad and in places like Los Angeles to make clothes for people like this guy's kids; and I wondered, in what sense were they "doing so well?"

I thought about the Vietnamese youth in California who are profiled as potential gang members by police, for wearing the wrong clothes or driving in the "wrong" neighborhoods; and I wondered, in what sense were they "doing so well?"

I thought about the Asian families whose members have to put in 80 hours a week just to keep their heads above water; and I wondered, in what sense were they "doing so well?"

I thought about the Indian, Pakistani or Bangladeshi taxi drivers who endure crappy working conditions, customers who get pissy about their accents or "attitudes," and cops who are responsible for nearly eighty percent of all anti-South Asian attacks-often against hack drivers in places like New York; and I wondered, in what sense were they "doing so well?"

I thought about the demonization of Wen Ho Lee, and of Chinese American political contributors during the Clinton Administration; and the beating death of Vincent Chin; and the persistent refrain that the Japanese are "buying up America;" and I wondered, in what sense were they "doing so well?"

But instead of getting into all of those things, which likely wouldn't have been seen as responsive by my detractor, I offered the following.

First, I noted that the Asian "model minority" myth has long been a staple of white conservative race commentary, though rarely have members of the various Asian communities in the U.S. pushed the notion themselves. The genesis of this argumentation goes back to the 1950's and '60's, when prominent magazines ran articles lauding the "hard-working" Chinese or Japanese, and explicitly contrasting their "success" with the "failure" of African Americans.

Of course, none of these ever editorialized in favor of lifting the immigration restrictions that had kept Asian populations small in the U.S. from the 1880's until 1965, despite their respect for their favored persons of color. Neither they nor any adherent to the model minority image spoke out against internment of "hard-working" Japanese Americans during World War Two, or the killing of hard-working Southeast Asians during the Vietnam War.

Secondly, I explained that comparisons between blacks and Asian Americans overlook a number of differences between them. Whereas the African American population represents a cross-section of background and experience, the APA community is highly self-selected. Voluntary migrants from nations that are not contiguous to their country of destination tend to be those with the skills and money needed to leave their home country in the first place. As many scholars have found, Asian immigrants are largely drawn from an occupational and educational elite in their countries of origin.

Indeed, Asian "success" in the U.S. relative to others is largely due to immigration policies that have favored immigrants with pre-existing skills and education. As the Glass Ceiling Commission discovered in 1995, between two-thirds and three-quarters of the highly-educated APA community in the U.S. already had college degrees or were in college upon their arrival.

Thanks to preferences for educated immigrants, Asian Americans are two-thirds more likely than whites and three times more likely than blacks to have a college degree. More than eight in ten Indian immigrants from 1966-1977 had advanced degrees and training in such areas as science, medicine or as engineers.

Pre-existing educational advantages are implicated in Asian success once here; but they hardly indicate genetic or cultural superiority. After all, to claim superior Asian genes or culture as the reasons for achievement in the U.S. requires one to ignore the rampant poverty and lack of success for persons from the same genetic or cultural backgrounds in their countries of origin. There is no shortage, after all, of desperately poor Asians in the slums of Manila, Calcutta and Hong Kong: testament to the absurdity of cultural superiority claims for Asians as a group.

Indeed, ethnic Koreans in Japan, as well as the Burakumin there-a minority treated similarly to the Dalits in India-consistently underperform economically and educationally, compared to dominant Japanese. They are both the targets of discrimination, and although they are culturally and genetically indistinguishable from other Koreans or Japanese, they are consistently found at the bottom of Japanese society, and do worse than others in Japan, or than Koreans in Korea.

Not only does this debunk the notion of pan-Asian superiority in genes or culture, but it also suggests that a group's caste status influences group outcomes: much as with blacks in the U.S., whose position has been similar to the Burakumin and ethnic Koreans in Japan.

The primary argument put forth by those who push the model minority myth is that APA income in the U.S. is higher than the average for other people of color and even whites. As such, it is suggested, racial discrimination cannot be a significant problem any longer.

But the data that shows Asians doing better in terms of income than whites, is family and/or household data, not per capita income data. This is important because APA households and families tend to have more family members (thus, slightly higher incomes are made to stretch over more persons), and more earners per family (thus, it takes more family members in the workforce in order to earn only slightly more than whites, with fewer income earners).

The average Asian household size, for example, is 3.3 persons, compared to only 2.5 per household for whites. Likewise, Asian American families are more likely than white families to have two income earners, and nearly twice as likely to have three earners. So while Asian household and family income is higher than that for whites, the median income per person is lower for Asians: as much as $2000 less annually.

An additional reason why the average income of Asian families is higher than that of whites is because Asians are concentrated in parts of the country that have higher average incomes and costs of living. The three states with the largest Asian populations and a disproportionate share of the overall Asian population (California, New York and Hawaii), rank 13th, 4th, and 16th in terms of average income: all within the top third of states. Whereas 76% of all Asian Americans live in the higher-income regions of the West and Northeast, only 41% of whites and 28% of blacks are in these regions.

Over half of all APA's in the U.S. live in just five major U.S. cities (Honolulu, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City): all of which have higher than average household incomes, and much higher costs of living than most of the U.S.

According to the Census Bureau, in 1996, median household income was about $35,500. But in states with disproportionate shares of Asians (NY and Hawaii, for example), median household income was $39,000 and $42,000 respectively. This means that APA median income will be skewed upward, relative to the rest of the country, but given cost of living differences, actual disposable income and living standards will be no better and often worse.

More importantly, claims of Asian success obscure the fact that the Asian American child poverty rate is nearly double the white rate, and according to a New York Times report in May of 1996, Southeast Asians as a whole have the highest rates of welfare dependence of any racial or ethnic group in the United States.

Nearly half of all Southeast Asian immigrants and refugees in the U.S. live in poverty, with annual incomes in 1990 of less than $10,000 per year. Amazingly, even those Southeast Asians with college degrees face obstacles. Two-thirds of Lao and Hmong-American college grads live below the poverty level, as do nearly half of Cambodian Americans and over a third of Vietnamese Americans with degrees.

Indeed, Asian "success" rhetoric ignores the persistent barriers to advancement faced by Asians relative to whites. On average, Asian Americans with a college degree earn 11% less than comparable whites; and APA's with only a high school diploma earn, on average, 26% less than their white counterparts.

When Asian American men have qualifications that are comparable to those of white men, they still receive fewer high-ranking positions than those same white men. Asian American male engineers and scientists are twenty percent less likely than white men to move into management positions in their respective companies, despite no differences in ambition or desire for such positions.

Of course, beyond the statistics, there are obvious points to be made. First, if whites truly believe that Asians are culturally superior and add to the quality of schools and workplaces, then why aren't these folks clamoring for a massive increase in immigration from Asian nations? Why not flood the borders, since we could all benefit from a little more Asian genius? Why not have white CEO's step down from their positions and let Japanese managers take their place?

Secondly, the whites who trumpet the model minority concept would be the first to object if Asian Americans began to bump their own white children from college slots, even if they did so by way of higher test scores and "merit" indicators. Just ask yourself what would happen if next year the top 3500 applicants to U.C.-Berkeley, in terms of SAT score and grades, happened to be Asian Americans, especially since there are only 3500 slots in the freshman class.

Would the regents allow the freshman class at the state's flagship school to become 100% Asian? Or for that matter even 80% or 70%? How would white Californians react to such a development, including those who praise hard-working Asian kids for their educational excellence and scholarly achievements?

How would white alums react if their favorite "model minorities" were suddenly seen as taking slots not from black and Latino youth, but from their own white children? To ask the question is to answer it.

And finally, to argue-as supporters of the model minority myth do-that Asians "have made it, so why can't blacks," is to misunderstand the issue of moral and ethical responsibility to correct the harm of wrongful actions.

Even if we accept the notion that groups victimized by racism can "make it" without assistance, affirmative action, or reparations, that would not deny (or indeed speak to in any way) the fact that society has an obligation to compensate the victims of injustice. After all, if my leg is blown off in an industrial accident, it hardly matters that many people with only one leg go on to succeed. The issue of compensatory justice remains, irrespective of what gains one can make without compensation.

I have little reason to believe that any of this made much difference to the individual who chose that day to trumpet Asian success as a way to denigrate African Americans. Given some of his other comments-that African sexual promiscuity was to blame for AIDS on the continent, and that he resented the "fact" that his black son (presumably adopted) has more opportunity in life than his white son (despite the fact that the former is unemployed and the latter in college)-his ability to rationally decipher much of anything seems doubtful.

Nonetheless, challenging the model minority myth is a worthwhile enterprise, especially when one considers how many decent, well-meaning individuals often fall for it.

Those who trumpet "Asian values and culture" (based on stereotypical understandings of both, not unlike the white guys who covet mail-order Asian brides for their anticipated "docility"), do Asians no favors. If anything, they set them up in a way that not only harms the groups against which they are contrasted, but in a way that harms Asians as well.

To be considered a group filled with math and science geniuses and passive, sensual, and willing female companions, not only objectifies Asian Pacific Americans, but results in a special stigma for those in the various Asian groups who aren't good in school, don't know how to fix your computer nor care to do so, or who don't fit the sexist stereotypes that are so comforting to Western male tastes.

The model minority myth, in other words, is a setup: a carrot offered to certain groups so long as they don't get out of line, assert their rights, strike for better wages, or try to determine their own sexuality. And as with all carrots, there is an even bigger stick, ready to throttle those who don't go along with the game.

Ultimately, justice and equity will remain elusive so long as whites feel no compunction about using one group of color against another group of color, in an attempt to make fools of both.
Ras_Joe

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2003, 03:46:54 PM »

They never want to deal with the truth, just want to continue and use others as scape goats for their negative and oppressive gains. This is why I know it is important to seek truth and not be underminded and misled by this system of injustice.

Once again thanks for the information,
Ras Joe
c-spot_rasta

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2003, 09:29:21 AM »

i'm not going to fight this anymore i've try'd to make my case but many have been to ingnorant to listen so fightin on this board is not what im goin to do no more im going to knowledege myself.
Sis_Iyabinghi
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2003, 04:21:18 PM »

You cspot is no Rasta! When you dare to come here and refer to Afrikans as ignorant! You have nothing to offer this board or the collective here whom is trying to reasoning out this problem of white domination and oppression. I am trying to not be as impatient as I always am when it comes to these discussions and ones of your nature insinuating your latent or patent racism. Yes I am telling you that you are racist! Because it is ingrained in your nature.

When you all try to come into an Afrikan Movement and try to hijack it as you have done globally, expect to be burned by fiyah, expect to be utterly rejected, expect to be spurned and scorned because we are tired of the likes of you. With respect to those caucasian who fully overstand the meaning and symbolism of this Afrikan Movement, I would beat a drum at the day when you all disappear off the face of this blessed earth. Never to be seen or heard of again!

There is something in the air. I have been feeling it in my irits. There is a feeling that the Creator knows of the imbalance in the earth. The suffering of black and brown peoples of this earth at the hands of white people and your judgement is at hand! THIS IS NO DAMN BIBLE PROPHECY EITHER! THIS IS A VISITATION OF THE SPIRIT OF THE ANCESTORS ON I'N'I AWAKENED MEDITATION. BUT YOU WOULDN'T OVERSTAND THIS, AS YOU AND THOSE WEEK KNEEGROWS WOULD CHALK IT UP TO PAGANISM. BUT NONE OF THESE THINGS OF A HIGHER MEDITATION WILL BE WRITTEN! IT WILL BE FELT IN THE HEARTS OF THOSE WHOM HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR JUSTICE FOR FIVE HUNDRED YEARS. WHEN THIS JUSTICE COMES IT WILL NOT BE FROM YOUR PEOPLE, BECAUSE WE SEEK NOTHING OF BABYLON. ALL OUR FRUITS ARE IN AFRIKA. ALL OUR HOPES AND ASPIRATIONS ARE IN AFRIKA. OUR FAMILY ARE IN AFRIKA AND YOU ARE NOT OF THIS FAMILY! DO YOU HEAR? YOU ARE NOT OF THIS FAMILY AND SO ARE MANY OF YOUR KIND, WHO COME HERE TRYING TO DICTATE TO I'N'I. THERE IS NO SPACE ON THE ARK FOR YOU. THAT WAS A BLACK MAN'S SHIP(MYTHICAL OR NOT).

TO FRIGHTEN YOU EVEN MORE, WE WILL RETURN TO AFRIKA AND WE WILL DRIVE THAT OPPRESSOR MAN OUT OF THERE. DO YOU HEAR? HE WILL LEAVE THE AFRIKAN PEOPLE TO RETURN TO WHO THEY TRULY ARE AND THOSE KNEEGROWS WILL HAVE TO GO ALSO. THOSE KNEEGROWS WHOM ARE WELCOMING OF THE OPPRESSOR BWOY, PREACHING ONE LOVE AND TRYING TO EVANGELIZE THIS AFRIKAN CONCREGATION. I HEAR MANY A SO CALLED RASTA QUOTING FROM THE ELDERS IN JA OR WHEREVER THEY CAN PULL THEM OUT OF THE WOODWORK. BUT THE ELDERS IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS EMERGENCE OF THE NYABINGHI SPIRIT, REJECTED MANY OF THE THINGS YOU ARE ATTRIBUTINT TO THEM. ONE OF THOSE THINGS WAS THE BIBLE. WAY BEFORE ANY OF YOU CAUCASIAN RASTAS CAME ON BOARD A CERTAIN BANDWAGON TRAIN IN KINGSTON, JA. WAY BEFORE THE CIA COPTICS CAME TO ST. THOMAS WITH THERE US$ TO BRIBE AND CORRUPT THIS AFRIKAN MOVEMENT.

TODAY THEIR ARE THOSE OF US WHOM ARE INTENT ON KEEPING THIS MOVEMENT AMONGST THE PEOPLE TO WHOM IT RIGHTFULLY BELONGS. THERE IS NO WAY! AND I REPEAT NO THAT ANY CAUCASIAN SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO TEACH, LEAD OR COUNSEL IN THIS MOVEMENT! WE DO NOT WANT TO HEAR YOUR VOICES ANYMORE. I HAVE SAID THIS MANY A TIMES BUT I WILL CONTINUE TO SAY IT AND REINFORCE AND WITH ROOTS, SIS KELANI, QUEEN BARAKAH, AND MANY OTHERS, OUR VOICES WILL BE LIFTED UP HIGH ABOVE YOUR LIES AND DECEIT, HIGH ABOVE YOUR HYENIC SCREAMS OF one love platitudes and race does not matter and jah looks into the heart AND WHATEVER THE HELL ESLE YOU COME WITH TO TRY AND PLACATE US OR TO PUT US IN OUR PLACES. JUST AS WE WILL SILENCE YOU ON THIS BOARD, WE WILL SILENCE YOU ON A GLOBAL SCALE.

IN MY PRAYERS, EVERYDAY I APPEAL TO THE CREATOR AND THE CREATIVE FORCES TO SILENCE THE TONGUES OF THE LIKES OF YOU. TO STAY THE HANDS OF THE ONES THAT VIOLENCE TO I'N'I PEOPLE. THE NYPD JUST SHOT AN AFRIKAN BROTHER AT FORTY-SECOND STREET A FEW DAYS AGO. THEY PUT FOUR BULLETS IN MY BROTHER. HE HAD NO WEAPON. THE BEASTS CLAIMED HE WAS RESISTING. THE LAST TIME THEY USED FORTY-ONE. THIS TIME FOUR WAS GOOD ENOUGH. BLACK LIVES ARE EXPENDABLE TO THE WHITE MAN EVERYWHERE ON THIS PLANET. BUT IT WILL COME TO AN END AND SO WILL YOU AND YOUR IGNORANCE AND PARASITIC BEHAVIOUR. YES! YOU ARE PARASITES TO THIS MOVEMENT. YOUR NONSPIRIT IS LIKE A CHAIN ON THIS MOVEMENT. SO IRITICALLY WE REMOVE YOU/CHAIN. OUR LIBERATION WILL BE OUR BUSINESS, SEEN!

"GET OUTTA HERE
OPPRESSOR MAN
GET OUTTA HERE
MEK WI PEOPLE DEM PROSPA!
GET OUTTA HERE
DEATH TO THE WHITE AND BLACK OPPRESSA!
Mark

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2003, 05:48:57 PM »

SIMPLE!!!!

BEWARE BLACK RACISTS AND BEWARE WHITE RACISTS FOR THE KING IS COMING AND HE WILL NOT SPARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!.

NOW WAKE UP AND BOW BEFORE HIM DISOBEDIENT CHILDREN MUST GET YOUR BLOW.

(I have no time and space for you any more....HIS WORD OF JUDGMENT AWAITS....I is a witness to you)
italnational
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2003, 07:26:56 AM »

I disagree with Rootsie,Race should never ever be an issue.Peace & love should be an issue,but when the European masters made race an issue,to capitalise on the exploitation of Black labour,it became a issue.The foundations of this system is built on Racism & if heaven is like how its portrayed in White litrature then I may as well give up now cause every Angel is White every single one.In the Jahovia witness book once again every single Angel is White, Blacks are on the new Earth, but none in the heavenly sanctuary is this not racism again.This shows that the majority of White men do not know God.That is why the White Brethren/Sistren who know better must go among the white masses and proclaim the word properly,as in the History books you will see when a black being trys to show the way he/she is desposed of.Remember John & Robert Kennedy got the ball rolling,[although they never had the ideas or started civil rights],but it was them who presented it to the forfront of the White community.Lets not be ignorant without them we may have got the rights we have today, but it would have taken a darn sight longer & a lot more blood shed. Malcom X was right in his words in that period,don't get confuse with 1950/60's America with now,in those days I may have thought the same thing.Malcom X was also a great phsycologist,when he said White people were the devil ,do you know how many white people said thats not true & made a positive contribution to the civil rights cause.Hoorah for Sister kelani for the struggle is not over & for here bravery. Cool
italnational
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2003, 07:52:43 AM »

Dear  Lively Up when I read your statement It almost brought tears to my eyes,at least you overstand our distrust & plight.thankyou
italnational
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2003, 08:05:30 AM »

Dear Roots Woman I Love how you catch dat boy leg before the wicket & yet em denie it eeeeee.
scootah

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2003, 10:02:41 AM »

Sad truths...

If a non white person assumes a politically powered office it is because a white man allowed it. Note this does not mean that person will be allowed to accomplish anything, unless that white male sees benifit from it somehow.

If a non white male business flourishes, it is because somewhere a white male is allowing and profiteering from it.

If a non white male has any rights, it is because a white male somewhere has let loose on a tiny grasp of his power/control.

If a non white male protests for freedom that person is labeled a militant, a loud mouth, someone who needs to try and work within the shitstem, mind you the same shitstem that was created to protect the same white males who are already at the top and not allow anyone else to be included within that party unless they are willing to sell their souls to the very devil they are trying to work against. So how are you supposed to work in this shitstem anyway, and really why would you want to? Have to side with Malcom, kik the door down and break the legs off the table. Arent we all tired of getting the scraps from the dinner table, being treated like dogs, lied to constantly, and the lies dont even make sense that we are being told. We are all definately living in a world run by devils.

I will not succomb to saying that all white people are evil devils, that would not be accurate, but I will state that most white people do not see a problem with their shitstem, and even vehemothly support it, even to the point of dieing for a cause that they have been suckered into believing in. The wool has long been over white peolples eyes, the only people that can trully see this are the outsiders, that would be all non white people, for all white people live in a world full of priveledge that will not allow the majority to see outside the box. It is sort of like how you percieve yourself comppared to how others percieve you, you opinion of yourself will tend to be much differnt than what others are seeing.

Are you not sick yet? Are you so blinded by the shitstem that yopu find priveledge in that you cannot look at the world from someone elses eyes? I know for many this has to be difficult, without true sufferation most people go on living their lives in a way that ensures they remain comfortable and not challenge the systems in place, make life easy, shutup be happy, let it be done for you, why resist, your only making it rougher on yourself, all these catch phrases are what plagues the sub conscious mind of humaninty.

I myself must take the approach and view point of a very strong and proud Afrikan man that I was priveledged to meet 10 years ago, the most touching thing that I can recall him saying is the followong "Without struggle there can be not progress". That person was the late Stokely Carmichael better known to the world as Kwame Ture.

So yes world we all do have many lessons to learn from true afrikans, lessons about ourselves, lessons about the lies that so many of us have believedd in for such a long period of time, yes people of the wolrd we must ALL learn to struggle, I know your lives are comfortable now and you want to preserve that balance that you think you have attained, but you must if not for your conscience, for your childrens, grandchildrens, great grnad childrens sake, so that one day white and black can sit together and laugh again, how far away are we from Martin's dream? A long way away, especailly since in America, we only get 1 month a year for Afrikan history and the rest 11 for European history. Only one day to commemorate a Black man, and how may to commemorate white slavemasters? I can only touch the VERY tip of the iceberg in this post, there is soooooo much more that we must all learn together before you can even begin to speak of a rainbow society, of unity, of multicultural appreaciation. Again we must all struggle and struggle we must for ANY progress to be made at all, it must always start locally, so if you trully are wanting to try and make a differnce, arm yourself with truth and knowledge, not wishy slogans of "one love", "we are all one people" etc etc, yes they are all nice concepts, but relying on them as the end all point of accomplishing the work that needs to be done is ridiculous and convinces no one of anything short of superficial worldliness.
Never forget your works, reach one teach one, each one teach one. We are all in this together someway and somehow, not always is it apparent, especially for the feint of heart.

Much Respect
scootah

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2003, 10:14:23 AM »

Now that is a brilliant statement used to end a brilliant article.

How Whites Use Asians to Further Anti-Black Racism

The model minority myth, in other words, is a setup: a carrot offered to certain groups so long as they don't get out of line, assert their rights, strike for better wages, or try to determine their own sexuality. And as with all carrots, there is an even bigger stick, ready to throttle those who don't go along with the game.

Ultimately, justice and equity will remain elusive so long as whites feel no compunction about using one group of color against another group of color, in an attempt to make fools of both.

Giulia

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2003, 06:54:52 AM »

To: SisKelani
Sorry, but do you really think that African people are the only sons of Jah? The first and favourite children of Jah?Sorry, but I don't think so. We are all children of Jah. HIM talks to all the oppressive around the world, whites and blacks. Of course, the black people suffered the deportation and the slavery days, due to the greed and vanity of white people, and the same thing still happens nowdays. But I think that among those white wicked there were some white dread. History reveals to be a continuous clash between wicked and dread, both white and black. And this clash is fought still today. And the slavery has not been defeated, not yet. The problem of the oppression is the very problem, today as it was yesterday. And the first cause of it is always the same: BABYLON. I, as an  europian girl,feels pain for the horrible situation of the Third World and for the widening of the gap between Nothern and Southern countries of the world, and this is the very war we must fight, everyday. But I, as an europian girl, feels the continuous oppression of babylon, that threats man, expecially children and young, and darkened our mind and soul. Babylon is  dangerous, because it's everywhere and it's ready to hit everyone in every moment. It's dangerous because it takes advantage of the weaker and the most ignorant, using different type of tools, from television to advertising, from fashion to music, to education and so on...this is the very problem, this has been always the very problem.So, we must unite and fight this war, because we all are on the same boat; we must follow our soul, that is the words of Jah. Give thanks and praises every day.
Giulia
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: