Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:42:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  AFRICA AND THE DIASPORA
| |-+  Our Beautiful People (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  White contribution to the Black struggle for Freed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: White contribution to the Black struggle for Freed  (Read 63063 times)
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« on: May 27, 2003, 03:35:37 AM »

White contribution to the Black struggle for FREEDOM.

"Whites who are sincere don't accomplish anything by joining Negro organizations and making them integrated. Whites who are sincere should organize among themselves and figure out some strategy to break down the prejudice that exists in white communities. This is where they can function more intelligently and more effectively, in the white community itself, and this has never been done. "
MALCOM X

You should ALL read the speech by MALCOM X Chickens come home to Roost. You should listen to his speeches also. Very enlightening about how TRICKY WHITES are and their motivations for this behavior.

http://www.blackcommentator.com/42/42_malcolm.html
http://brothermalcolm.net/mxwords/whathesaidarchive.html

SisKelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
c-spot_rasta

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 10:07:57 PM »

My town is pretty much like that all the people fighting to stop prejudice r white bcuz the town itself i would estimate at close to 95% white, so the white community in itself is fighting itself but when it gets to a world scale i still thimk it's better to intergrate, unite and fight together.
Chant_Down_Babylon

RastafariSpeaks.com

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 10:36:14 PM »

To be honest, I'm sort of appalled with the way white people are all painted with the same brush on this board.

If you read Malcolm X's autobiography, he changes his tone a little when he goes to Mecca and meets people he would have considered to be "white" in America treating him like a brother.

Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 11:16:11 PM »

To Chant Down Babylon: the issue of Malcom X has been reasoned through already quite recently, so i'll just give you the link so you can read it and move on from there.

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/reasoning/?board=hot;action=display;num=1052376925;start=0

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 02:19:05 AM »

To Chant_Down_Babylon,

You are appalled with the way white people are supposedly painted with the same brush on this board. But are you appalled by the way Afrikans are being murdered, exploited under cruel oppression and discrimintion worldwide? Should we care what Caucasians think about Afrikans? Knowing you never think any GOOD about us. If you cannot acknowledge what the source of Afrikan problem is indeed you are not ready to solve the problem. Malcom X was a great Afrikan Warrior who died for our FREEDOM and AFRIKANS will  always RESPECT and PRAISE him for that! Going to Mecca did not change his  struggle it gave it another direction. Be appelled all you want, you will never be as appelled as AFRIKANS for 500 years!

SisKelani-

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2003, 09:46:45 PM »

SPEAAAAAAAAAAK SIS KELANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL @ "apalled".

This reminds me of the typical knee-jerk reaction when folx wanna DE-REVOLUTIONIZED and BLACK OUT THROUGH WHITEWASH RasTafari by only quoting the beginning of his speech "until the color of a man's eyes..." but SELECTIVELY "forget" to mention the LAST part of that speech, that UNTIL THAT DAY we Afrikans will FIGHT.

Same thing will brothah Malcom.  They love to hoop and holla over the fact that he began to realize that not ALL white people were "devils", but selectively forget that he also began to see DEEPER into the GLOBAL AFRIKAN CONNECTION/PRESENCE.  Just because he acknowledged the difference between his blue-eyed muslim brothaz and the racist ameriKKKan red-necks, does NOT mean he suddenly began to love and trust ALL WHITE FOLX.  On his trip to Mecca, he also travelled throughout Afrika and was ACTIVE in the ORGANIZATION OF AFRIKAN UNITY, seen?

Not "multicultural unity"

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
zoe1

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2003, 01:35:38 PM »

Greetings to all,

So, if I overstand all of I&I on this board, black remains with blacks and whites remains with whites.

No exchange of ideas no exchange of culture just plain what? Segregation in our own corners? Back to that one again?

Wasn't enough blood shed over this idea? Are not the Teachings in the Scriptures about LOVE? Why all the Negativity on this board?

All of these quotes from the Holy Scriptures, yet so much hatred with the words...

They quote from everyone else words...what have them done today to make this world better? I know what I did: do you?

My spiritual guide ( who happens to be a Rastaman from JA) once told me that a man's word is only as good as him actions...too bad we can't see what going on past this machine...

ZOE

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2003, 10:35:11 PM »

Posted by: zoe1
So, if I overstand all of I&I on this board, black remains with blacks and whites remains with whites

Is it not so in Real Life? White oppress Blacks and maintain them in ghetto, in slums and in poor countries in total  disorganization and Ignorance. But despite all that Blacks still take it...for 500 yrs! Blacks always forgive the Oppressors and  welcome them in their Afrikan villages and Movements. Who Segregate who? Who Oppress who?

No exchange of ideas no exchange of culture just plain what?

There is an IMMENSE sharing of CLUTURE and KNOWLEDGE on this board! Do you bother READING and STUDYING ROOTSWOMAN, AYINDE, RAS JOE and TYEHIMBA posts? Do you bother replying to them, tell your opinions or Thank them to save you from MIS-EDUCATION and IGNORANCE?

Segregation in our own corners? Back to that one again?

Segregation? You are segregating yourself from not wanting to acknowledge and LEARN form the AFRIKAN REALITY. You Caucasians run away and do not want to take RESPONSABILITY once more.. Is that surprising? AFRIKANS are so use to your  Conceit and Deceit you get busted over and over.  

Wasn't enough blood shed over this idea?

Blood has been shed YES and the AFRIKAN Blood is STILL  being shed! Go to AFRICA and see it from your own eyes. Your government is sponsoring GENOCIDES there did you know that?

Are not the Teachings in the Scriptures about LOVE? Why all the Negativity on this board?

The KING JAMES Scriptures the distorted and corrupted contemporary Version of our ANCESTORS' Sacred Texts also talk about Endurance, Strength and STRUGGLE to the Enemy until JUSTICE for ALL the Oppressed come. It's about LOVE and MORE.  

All of these quotes from the Holy Scriptures, yet so much hatred with the words...

Not HATRED but TRUTH.

They quote from everyone else words...

Because the Quotes, the Teachings of our GREAT WARRIORS are  those of Anybody to you? Their quotes and Teachings are VAIN to you? Caucasians you are again busted in your attempt to curb our FREEDOM. You want Afrikans to Reject and scorn once more our BRIGHTEST ELDERS and COURAGEOUS ANCESTORS? It will NEVER Happen because they are the source of our STRENGTH, WISDOM and FOCUS! We will quote and Praise untill FREEDOM and PROSPERITY meet us once more!

what have them done today to make this world better?

Everyday we wake up in this chauvinist and RACIST white Male Supremacy world. We Keep our head HIgh, we Keep LIVING despite POVERTY, LACK or NO EDUCATION, STARVATION, WARS, GENOCIDES. We Keep faith and COURAGE under this CRUEL OPRESSION is this not HEROIC?? Under such Hardship you Caucasians would have Committed Suicide in Great Number. Check the high % of white Suicides in the US and AMERIKKKA compare to the quasi non-existant of Blacks. AFRIKANS only DIE when they are MURDERED or MAN-MADE DISEASES (AIDS) are thrown to them.. What have you done HEROIC in your Easy and Priviledged life? What mighty INJUSTICE do you overcome EVERYDAY? You Know NOTHING about making the world a better place. We Afrikan Know, without the TEACHING and WEALTH of our MOTHERLAND, BABYLON and your people would be NOTHING!

I know what I did: do you?  

Yes, white 'rasta' tell us what a SIGNIFICANT ACTION you did to help the Collective of Black People? YOu bought another Reggea CD, oh that's HONORABLE!

My spiritual guide ( who happens to be a Rastaman from JA)

So AFRIKANS are not from JAH? WE the SUN PEOPLE are the FRIST and FAVOURITE CHILDREN OF JAH. This is the TRUTH!

once told me that a man's word is only as good as him actions...too bad we can't see what going on past this machine...

Yes too bad we can't see what going on past this machine, but most white 'rastas' and Caucasians HYPOCRISY is Striking right here through the Screen. You can not FOOL TRUE/CONSCIOUS AFRIKANS. We AFRIKANS are the TRUE/ORIGINAL RASTAFARIANS.. TRY Hard to FOOL CONSCIOUS AFRIKANS!

Rootsie

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2003, 08:02:04 AM »

There are ways to build bridges over chasms. But if white people are seriously unable and unwilling to listen to the concerns of blacks, on a Rasta Forum, of all places, truly there is no hope at all of truth or reconciliation.
The race issue is NOT a diversion or a distraction from the Heart of Ras.
There are many levels of this teachment to be accessed, but to believe that race issue is not at the center of it? Think again.
Love.
rootsie
ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2003, 10:57:35 AM »

Greetings Sis Kelani,

Give thanks for the TRUTH spoken!  I continue to be amazed at white "rasta's" reactions (generally speaking) when among an Afrikan Congragation within a BLACK movement.

Forgive my being so blunt, but it is akin to a hyena being among Lions/esses and being "appalled" that we are lions! Or going to Afrika and being "apalled" that there are Black People there!  Or "appalled" that we are FIGHTING for equal rights and justice within a RACIST WORLD ORDER.

What next, are folx gonna be appaled that His Majesy is an AFRIKAN and created the Organization of AFRIKAN UNITY, instead of "multicultural" unity? Or appalled that His Majesty clearly said that until the day we receive equal rights and justice we AFRIKANS WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT?

I read these comments and am reminded that racism is imbedded deep within the european psyche (generally speaking), as they continue to come into BLACK MOVEMENTS spewing the same nonsense, yet expect us to "stay in our place" and say NOTHING?

FIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

If our BLACKNESS is so "appalling" and shocking, and our FIYAH burns too much, then why insist  (as a non-Afrikan)  being in a BLACK MOVEMENT, which sprang out of RESISTANCE TO EUROPEAN COLONIALISM AND RACISM, an praizes a BLACK GOD?

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
Ruaka

ONE GOD

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2003, 03:01:15 PM »

Now this subject has come up many time before and it looks as if it will continue coming up. It is very understandable but I dont understand why people are hostile and hacking down on eachother. Africa has and is suffering, but the hostile ones on this board are not contributing to it, although you may believe so.
Africans are suffering, so goes the trith but this gives no one any right to be hostile to our bredren. I believe that all man and woman are brother and sister, I wonder what the rest of you think, and I also wonder about your own predejuces. Do you trust whites, blacks, indians, chinese?

We all need to know what is happening in the world, be concious and do the right things in life to fight wickedness but we must WATCH ourselves at the same time and make sure we dont become swollowed by that which we fight.

I also wonder do the people of this board believe Malcolm X was a prophet or what? Why follow his words so militantly then?
No disrespect to anyone I just wanted to shed my views on this matter and I am happy to hear responses.

More love, teach the youth.

While some drown in the sea of poverty others cruise in the ships of riches/ Sam
livelyup

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2003, 06:22:20 PM »

Greetings all,

and particularly zoe1. Umm, how to put this..... actually in a few years of reasoning as white person on this board i&i can honestly say that is very much not at all my experience that it is some kind of strange racially segregated thing. White and black people reason together here perfectly happily all of the time, there is plenty of exchange going on, though if you are half smart you will realise that it is about 98% an exchange that consists of white people shutting the f#$k up and listening to the things that black people have to teach them. But that is perfectly fair enough. I get a bit annoyed when the folks in my tutorials talk when i do, so i understand the correct attitude needed to be a student of something, and it involves a good deal of silence. Which is not to say that you cant reason away maddly, posting away like a veritable machine gun. Just dont be surprised if you come up against the occasional flash of hostility, we are amongst people with no real reason to trust us, and for whom suspicion is an important way of surviving in a hostile world that we have created for them.

Just remember who you are, and importantly who it is you are speaking to, and thimgs will become a little simpler. Like all converstaions this one has its rules, which are important so that we all make sense to one another, and an important part of the rules for this dialogue is remembering roots, both your own and those of the ones you are priveledged to be reasoning with.

love and life
paul
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2003, 06:53:15 PM »

Posted by: Ruaka
Now this subject has come up many time before and it looks as if it will continue coming up.

Yes, this subject will come AGAIN and AGAIN untill AFRICANS at last Gain their EQUAL RIGHTS and RESPECT due to HUMANS (even Animals)!.

It is very understandable but I dont understand why people are hostile and hacking down on eachother.

No one is "hacking" on  others we are just expressing ourselves. We are talking about our Daily Experience to  the Naive, the traidors, and the Arrogants. We talk about the REALITY of AFRICANS,  our DAILY EXPERIENCE to live under CRUEL Mental demonization, Social, Cultural, Economic Exploitation and  Aggression in AFRICA, in AmeriKKKa, Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, India, Arabia.. wherever WE have been dislocated in this world. Speaking about our Reality is view as HATRED? Who own the Monopoly of HATRED in this world for 500 years?  NOT the AFRICAN!

Africa has and is suffering, but the hostile ones on this board are not contributing to it, although you may believe so.

IMO No one post on this board to convinced PEOPLE about FACTS! nor do we post on this board to contribute (unlike the MIS-LEADING and MIS-EDUCATING Educational Systems of Babylon) NAIVETY and IGNORANCE to people. We post on this board to express TESTIFY our TRAUMA, HUMILIATION, DESPAIR and  EXASPERATION. Those who see Hostility in our posts are the ones GUILTY or have TROUBLE in their Conscience! They indeed do not want to acknowledge where the PROBLEM of AFRIKAN come from. They probably do not WANT FIX it either.  

Africans are suffering, so goes the trith but this gives no one any right to be hostile to our bredren.

Again no HOSTILITY but like you say only TRUTH. The RACIST System of Babylon (Mostly control by Caucasians) are  HARSHER, MORE HOSTILE Spiritually and Physically to Non-European people than the Simple WORDS of TRUTH of Conscious AFRIKANS.

I believe that all man and woman are brother and sister, I wonder what the rest of you think, and I also wonder about your own predejuces. Do you trust whites, blacks, indians, chinese?

In THEORY, in the CONSTITIONS and the Theology Books (supposedly DIVINE Inspired) of the ROB-NATIONS  WE ARE ONE, EQUAL! But in REALITY it is not so. Why the Cultural Supremacy, Ne-COLONIALISM and IMPERIALISM of Europeans DENY this GOD given Right to HUMANITY the World OVER, but  ONLY Grant to Caucasians? To The Oppressor not ALL People are ONE, EQUAL..AFRIKANS are barely HUMANS to their eyes.

We all need to know what is happening in the world, be concious and do the right things in life to fight wickedness but we must WATCH ourselves at the same time and make sure we dont become swollowed by that which we fight.

TRUE RASTAFARIANS watch themselves DAILY. Our REJECTION of white dominated Thought/ CULTURE, their Exploitation, our CRY for BALCK PRIDE, REVIVAL of our AFRIKAN TRADITIOns and COMMUNITY is HONORABLE. It's our GREAT Path to DIGNITY and SURVIVAL! We Conscious Afrikans are very Pround to Stand for our RIGHTS, Honor our MIGHTY ANCESTORS.  We are not ASHAMED of that. We are VERY PROUD of that!

I also wonder do the people of this board believe Malcolm X was a prophet or what? Why follow his words so militantly then?

MALCOM X was Indeed a GREAT MAN of INCREDIBLE INTELLECTUAL BRILLANCE! Like the GREAT Brother GARVEY, he was a BLACK MOISE sent by JAH to HEAL the Broken SOULS of AFRIKANS. He fought for our DIGNITY and PRESTIGE. He UPLIFTED Black Men and Black Women Worldwide. He was Unselfish, a GREAT WARRIOR, Really a Man of GOD.

No disrespect to anyone

DISRESPECT is not Intented only KNOWLEDGE and TRUTH!

Sister Kelani-

ROOTSWOMAN

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2003, 07:23:59 PM »

Again, we are asked to justify WHY we CHOOSE our leaders.  We are questioned as to WHY we love our beloved warrior Malcom X.  

This is what InI mean by non-afrikans, or manufactured negro-saxons MISdefining who we are, who are leaders are, and questioning BLACK PEOPLE as to why they love and respect other BLACK PEOPLE.

Am I the only one who hears an all too familiar missionary vibe among us?  Have they not always tried to question us, and choose our leaders for us?

But, hey, that's right...I forgot...racism is over right?...

ROOTS

SANKOFA!
Ruaka

ONE GOD

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2003, 05:40:27 AM »

ROOTSWOMAN what youve written has upset me. I dont feel you have any right to judge me and quote me the way you have done.
You say you fight predejuce but you have PLENTY OF IT yourself.

I never implyied that Malcolm X wasnt a sutable leader. You have no idea about how I feel about Malcolm X, yet you presume that I am trying to "mission" you to get you to follow someother than a blackman!
What I asked was a simple question but you twisted it and made it wicked. I want you to know that I will not allow another than GOD to judge me the way you have done. Dont think to highly of yourself.

Now Siskelani I thank you for answering my questions, I know very well of the struggle Africans face today. I know much of the oppresion that lives on.

This board is here for us to reason. We are meant to teach and be tought. What I meant with my previous post is that I see alot of hostility here. The White supremacy system is oppresing black people in this world but we cannot stop this problem by verbally abussing back-and-forth.
I believe many people on this board are nieve and dont seem to understand what is happening today in forinstance Africa.

But this is not fully their own fault. Here in babylon man is protected from all of it, seen. People in babylon dont know that their governments are sponsoring wars in Africa and if they do they have been brainwashed to believe its for a good cause, to get rid of a dictator forinstance.

But still we are not helping eachother by fussing and fighting you see.
We must tell people the truth but do we need to make every white person feel guilty? As long as we continue this fussing and fighting rasism will continue. I ask you Siskelani, do you have any white friends?

Now some people on this board seem to think that RASTAFARI is all about ONE LOVE, PEACE and HARMONY. It is. But that is the goal you see. That can only be reached when all wickedness is gone and we have entered the gates of ZION. Those who believe life to be like this always are hippies and not Rasta. The two of them should not be confused.

I would like you to know Siskelani that I respect you very much and from what ive seen even in other board topics you have alot of interesting views to share.
I look forward to seeing your answer.

While some drown in the sea of poverty others cruise in the ships of riches/ Sam
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: