Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:07:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Why I left Rastafari
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why I left Rastafari  (Read 21515 times)
MKULTRA

RastafariSpeaks .com

« on: June 20, 2003, 10:13:12 AM »

Before I begin typing, I would like to state that this is in fact a message board for opinions of others; I am entitled to my own opinion as are you.

It all started with Bob Marley, enjoying ganja, and plenty of literature (Kebra Negast, Bible).  I was now convinced of Haile Sellasie and Rastafari in all.  One day I woke up.  How can this religion preach unity of all if it singles out people based on nothing but a chemical in their skin?  a pigment in their body? how ridiculous!  How can the bible be correct if it has been changed so many times, how can it be used as a guide?  I recently read a thread about arabs not being your brothers, How can you judge someone as your brother based on their history?  Many many black people are racist toward other races, why? because they were enslaved? NO, THEY were not enslaved their ancestors where.  Again, why focus on a past that has no tie into your life, why not stress the future, unity of all, put aside difference and hate toward anyone.  So what if someone is a christian? or muslim? If we are all equal in the eyes of god shouldnt we all just live our own lives?

sorry kind of went on a rant, but something to think about

EDIT:  I am leaving tonight to see my family in Africa so i will be back in around 2 weeks to see if anyone has posted a reasonable arguement.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 02:57:08 AM »

It all started with Bob Marley, enjoying ganja, and plenty of literature (Kebra Negast, Bible).  I was now convinced of Haile Sellasie and Rastafari in all.

RASTAFARI is NOT about TRIFLES such as listening Reggae, enjoying Ganja and Reading.. RASTAFARI is about seeking and striving for ENLIGHTENMENT yes...but Also FREEDOM, LIBERTY, EQUAL RIGHTS and TRUE DEMOCRACY for BLACKS/AFRIKANS, who have NO RIGHTS which the white man is  bound to Respect. It's about FIERCE opposition to COLONIALISM, DISCRIMINATION and CORRUPTION.  Now once and for all get the facts straight!  

One day I woke up.  How can this religion preach unity of all if it singles out people based on nothing but a chemical in their skin?  a pigment in their body? how ridiculous!

RASTAFARI is not just a Religion. It's a LIVITY, KULTURE, SCIENCE, PHILOSOPHY, A PHYSICAL WAY of LIFE grounded in MAAT which is TRUTH, JUSTICE, RIGHTEOUSNESS AND BALANCE..

And who is continuously segregating and waging WAR at whom? Who is collaborating with those ARABS to aggress AFRIKANS? To which continent are Europe and the USA always sending mercenaries and all kinds insects to create and stir up turmoil? Is there one country or people outside of the AFRIKAN continent on this planet Earth that has undergone armed attacks or invasion by an AFRIKAN in the last 2000 years?? The answers to those questions will point to WHO ARE THE CLEARLY THE HATERS! If the reaction to aggression is self-defense, then AFRIKAN Reaction to what we LIVE, SEE and Read can in no way be considered HATRED.

I recently read a thread about arabs not being your brothers, How can you judge someone as your brother based on their history?

Muslim states are INTOLERANT of Religions other than Islam. The most extreme, as everyone knows is Saudi Arabia. In Arab and many Muslim countries Intolerance IS THE RULE AND THE LAW. This is so blatantly obvious only a FOOL would dispute it. Look at the way they DISGRACE NIGERIA! Better yet, ISLAM consists of bombing planes, pronouncing FATWAS AGAINST WOMEN who make offhand little comments, Hacking heads off in the street because of some little beauty pageant that, by the way, they don't HAVE to attend, passing DRACONIAN LAWS AGAINST NON-MUSLIMS,  passing STRICT/TOTALITARIAN laws against victimless lifestyles, cutting WOMEN'S heads off because they happen to have a baby out of wedlock, or because they happen to SAY that Mohammed likes it in the butt, EXTERMINATE other tribes and RACES of PEOPLE (SUDAN!!). They are Dictators, Hypocrites, Lairs, Barbarians...should I stop now?

Many many black people are racist toward other races, why? because they were enslaved? NO, THEY were not enslaved their ancestors where.

You got that right! My forefathers were displaced in ARABIA, from North AMERIKKKA to Brazil and the Caribbean packed like sardines on slave boats and IT HURTS ME PROFOUNDLY to see that after winning over Australia, New Zealand, North AmeriKKKa, South America, they are still bent on destroying the AFRICAN CONTINENT by utilizing any kind of underhand collaboration you can find, any foul or stinking method that may work. Instead of calling Conscious AFRIKAN RACISTS, I suggest you go and lobby to your western governments to incite them to leave AFRIKA alone! Do that, and we'll see who can't live without whom! Do that and you'll witness PURIFICATION and REBIRTH OF AFRIKA: no more arms of mass destructions flooding the streets. No more FAMINE because countries are force into export crops for foreign use, while neglecting the local population. No more DEPLETING OF the continent's NATURAL RESOURCES again FOR THE SOLE BENEFIT OF FOREIGNERS! NO MORE INJECTION OF BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS TO DISSEMINATE POPULATIONS! No more DESTRUCTION of ANCIENT TREES and FORESTS for EXPORT REASONS and above all NO MORE KNIT-WITTS, MANIPULATED BY FORMER COLONIAL POWERS, GOVERNING THE COUNTRIES! At last AFRIKA would be FREE to FIND ITS WAY ON ITS OWN! But CAN THE WEST LEAVE AFRIKA IN PEACE? NO IT CAN'T! The control of AFRIKA and what belongs to the AFRIKAN peoples happens to be vital too the survival of their economies!. Consider the following MKULTRA and get a grip on your INTELLECT, if you are AFRIKAN it will help us survive!

Again, why focus on a past that has no tie into your life, why not stress the future, unity of all, put aside difference and hate toward anyone.  So what if someone is a christian? or muslim? If we are all equal in the eyes of god shouldnt we all just live our own lives?

The only guaranty to GLOBAL UNITY and PEACE is EQUAL JUSTICE and POWER for ALL: Political, social, financial, Industrial and spiritual. NATIONALISM is the only way to protect ourselves. Let us ALL remember this, we AFRIKANS, who suffer the most in this world, will FIGHT untill the END for our REVIVAL and DIGNITY!  So don't FOOL yourself MKULTRA and GET THE PICTURE! Unless you are an APOLOGIST for white and Arab Atrocious behavior and choose not to get the Picture! But instead, choose to hold onto your JUVENILE VIEW OF THE STATE OF AFRICAN AFFAIRS without regard to the factors that contribute to it.

Inkululeko nenqubekelo phambili
(Freedom and Prosperity)
Ukwanda kwaliwa ngumthakathi
(Anyone who doesn't want the People to succeed and increase is a witch!)

Kelani-      

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
ZioniLioness

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 02:35:40 PM »

Rastafari is not based on racism... most people who are seeing the color of people's skin as a reason to claim a Black God are blind to the everliving God within themselves. Yes the Bible has been translated and edited by many questionable sources, but you see, Rastafari goes beyond all this bible, music, race, dreadlocks folly. It is sighting the truth, and who feels it knows it. Most importantly Rastafari is about His Majesty Emperor Haile Sellassie I, and His words are the foundation. You see beloved, you never left Rastafari because you weren't there yet if you haven't sighted the King Himself. The King doesn't deal with the pollution you have seen labeled with "Rasta". I am not one to say who is or is not Rasta but I FEEL and KNOW that I have the authority to say there is a ground law of Rastafari and that is HAILE SELLASSIE I. No matter how long you've been growing locks or abstaining from meat and alcohol, no matter how long you've been playing or listening to reggae music, NO matter the color of your skin, if you recognize HIM Haile Sellassie I is the fulfillment of prophecy and the light and the way then you are Rastafari for Love is first.
Blessed LOVE Hail Queen Omega
MUATA

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2003, 03:05:41 AM »

m kultra you never have been Rasta its very simple and clear.
z.l. careful of the hippy reasoning.
ooggooles
AfricaSpeaks Member

I am the living incarnation of my ancestors

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 09:34:17 PM »

Before I begin typing, I would like to state that this is in fact a message board for opinions of others; I am entitled to my own opinion as are you.

It all started with Bob Marley, enjoying ganja, and plenty of literature (Kebra Negast, Bible).  I was now convinced of Haile Sellasie and Rastafari in all.  One day I woke up.  How can this religion preach unity of all if it singles out people based on nothing but a chemical in their skin?  a pigment in their body? how ridiculous!  How can the bible be correct if it has been changed so many times, how can it be used as a guide?  I recently read a thread about arabs not being your brothers, How can you judge someone as your brother based on their history?  Many many black people are racist toward other races, why? because they were enslaved? NO, THEY were not enslaved their ancestors where.  Again, why focus on a past that has no tie into your life, why not stress the future, unity of all, put aside difference and hate toward anyone.  So what if someone is a christian? or muslim? If we are all equal in the eyes of god shouldnt we all just live our own lives?

EDIT:  I am leaving tonight to see my family in Africa so i will be back in around 2 weeks to see if anyone has posted a reasonable arguement.

Greetings

If someone is going to or has killed and oppressed pigmented people because of the pigments in their bodies, then you should atleast defend the pigment in your body. Balance.

JAH

natural blacks

Blackheart Man

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 11:50:08 AM »

"it all started with Bob Marley"

what a judgement! HAILE SELASSIE I and EMPRESS MENEN you shoulda start wid man, desso di I guh wrong.

HAILE SELASSIE THE FIRRRST! watch di "ganja is di healing of di nation" thinking enuh man...no magic trick inna rastafari..

History has shown that it is the inaction of those who could’ve acted; the indifference of those who should’ve known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph. - EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I
S1

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 03:17:49 AM »

The ancestors are apart of us and should never be neglected.The root effects the tree.Its not about a chemical in the skin its about what the people have a very long history of doing to us.
jahdy

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 06:14:19 AM »

sorry if my english is little but i am onesisterfari and it's not cause bob marley or other i see jah rastafari and if  people not respect education selassie I because in this this way there is livity and holy spirit  and sorry is you don(t find your way for guide study rastafari .sorry is there is full fault because i am french sister black and i teach english whit my people rastafari not in school
blessing
jahdy
RAS_B

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 03:19:55 AM »

It all started with Bob Marley, enjoying ganja, and plenty of literature (Kebra Negast, Bible).  I was now convinced of Haile Sellasie and Rastafari in all.  One day I woke up.  How can this religion preach unity of all if it singles out people based on nothing but a chemical in their skin?  a pigment in their body? how ridiculous!  How can the bible be correct if it has been changed so many times, how can it be used as a guide?  I recently read a thread about arabs not being your brothers, How can you judge someone as your brother based on their history?  Many many black people are racist toward other races, why? because they were enslaved? NO, THEY were not enslaved their ancestors where.  Again, why focus on a past that has no tie into your life, why not stress the future, unity of all, put aside difference and hate toward anyone.  So what if someone is a christian? or muslim? If we are all equal in the eyes of god shouldnt we all just live our own lives?

EDIT:  I am leaving tonight to see my family in Africa so i will be back in around 2 weeks to see if anyone has posted a reasonable arguement.
SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE HIPPIE SPY.
citizen

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 02:58:29 AM »

i think some people are being a bit harsh. if you can't give a rational argument to refute a belief that is held by many people, don't just yell at the person who posted this. its true, there is a conflict in a religion that calls for people to be equal but calls for one people to gain more rights than others simply because of past suppression. this does not mean that people should be allowed to get away with racism and white supremacy, but really, wouldn't granting unhampered political power to one group of people simply shift the tables and create a black supremacy? Do people really want to become the supremacists they have hated?
melaninmagic

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 11:21:54 AM »

Greetings Citizen,

I agree with a few of your comments here, but making the statement:

but really, wouldn't granting unhampered political power to one group of people simply shift the tables and create a black supremacy? Do people really want to become the supremacists they have hated?

highlights some degree of illogical thought and critical thinking.

Firstly, Conscious Africans have never requesting or fighting for total global political power be handed over to Africa. Quite honestly, we Africans as a collective don't care for that kind of 'power'. Rather, we are fighting for that which was stolen from us by Europeans and still remain ours legally. The problem is that Europeans still do not want to return what they have stolen.

Furthermore, based on their very definitions, Racism/White Supremacy and Racism/Black Supremacy are two mutually exclusive systems of human interaction. It is therefore impossible for them to exist simultaneously in the same universe. Further, for as long as there has been European involvement in global human affairs, Racism/White Supremacy has been at the fore front of European motivation. There is no evidence of 'Black Supremacy' in recorded history even at the time when Africans were at the pinnacle of human evolution in Ancient Kemet.

More to the point, Racism/Black Supremacy does not, nor ever did exist. What has existed for a very long time however, is Black Compensation to Racism/White Supremacy. For as long as non-whites have been mistreated on the basis of color by those who classify themselves as white, there has always been an effort, whether it be conscious or sub-conscious, for these non-white Victims of Racism (VORs) to compensate for their mistreatment by saying or doing certain things as a means to nullify or lessen the impact of their mistreatment. Infact, for as long as long as there has been a natural world, compensation was a prerequisite. EVERYTHING in nature is compensatory. The trick is for human beings to establish exactly what is being compensated for and adequately provide for this missing source of nourishment.

So, irrespective of whether these compensatory acts on the part of VORs are considered irrational by whites or non-whites, these actions have always remained just that. Compensatory. Until there is hard evidence that the system of Racism/White Supremacy is permanently eradicated off the face of the earth it would be illogical to argue that any compensatory act on the part of the VOR is Racism/Black Supremacy supporting, and to make any claim of its existence highlights an irrational primitive fear, of which there exists ample evidence that Europeans intrinsically possess.

By promoting the belief in Racism/Black supremacy you severely cripple any efforts for VORs to compensate for their mistreatment.

Please stop it!
siger

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »

Woof,
 Tell me, brethren, what is this?

why? because they were enslaved? NO, THEY were not enslaved their ancestors where.  Again, why focus on a past that has no tie into your life, why not stress the future, unity of all, put aside difference and hate toward anyone. 

What in Jah's holy name do you mean. If you spit on my father, should i drop my pants and let you spit on  my manhood too?
If you bind my brother, am i not put in chains.
I did not intend to bother with a reply, but it is not rastafari to leave your brother wallowing in the mud of disillusionment.

We are slaves. Take it from the African. WE ARE STILL SLAVES.
Until they break those economic chains, untill they stop fiddling with our affairs, until they repect the Arkhan, we are slaves.
And WE WILL FIGHT!

Tell me, friend, where my future lies, if the world spites me for being African.
U say you are coming here. Then open your eyes to the African reality.
Then maybe next time, you wont insult yourself.

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: