Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Only one King of King
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Only one King of King  (Read 18056 times)
hailiniemperor

AfricaSpeaks.com

« on: February 04, 2004, 12:03:37 AM »

Greetings. I would like to know peoples opinions on a matter. InI as Rasta people see Emperor Selassie I as the fulfillment of prophecy. So does that mean that Rasta is the only truth? Does that mean that only Rasta can Progress into the light? I personally have had visions of Rastafari Growing among the people in the future. I believe Rasta is the future. As well as the Present and Past. Alpha and Omega. Beginning and end. I believe first man was Rasta and that Rasta is the epitome of an Ideal man in his natural state. But do u believe that every man and woman will bow and confess to Rastafari? JAH Grace.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 12:23:58 AM »

Consider posting this question on the General board. The sole focus of most posters there is the many stories and analysis of the Emperor Haile Selaissie. You will certainly have a dynamic discussion there with people who have your philosophical mindset.

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
hailiniemperor

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 08:41:38 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought this was the General Board.
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 09:59:10 PM »

No. this is the Reasoning forum where most posters are sharing and seeking to understand the wonderful continent of Africa and peoples with African ancestry, as well as trying to truly gain enlightened opinions from people all over the political and spiritual spectrum. Whereas on the General board the many Rastafarian posters devote to biblical and Ras Tafari matters of sole significance to them. There is much there, that you will find interesting.

Bantu Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
hailiniemperor

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 09:20:45 PM »

good lookin out Bantu.
c-spot_rasta

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 09:52:26 PM »

"So does that mean that Rasta is the only truth? Does that mean that only Rasta can Progress into the light?"

I see it this way. Jews do not believe Jesus was the Messiah, but in religion classes at my catholic school we are taught that the Jews are Catholics elder brothers because most of Catholic culture comes from Jewish tradition. And even though the beliefs are different Catholics believe Jews (and muslims) are all on the right path, just a different one, and all 3 faiths set good lifestyles. Even though I know Rastafari goes all the way back to Africa and such, it still has lots of rooting in Christianity (plus a little bit of rooting in Hinduism) I think that the relationship between Rastafarians and Christians should be like that between Christians and Jews, after all the major division in both cases is along the same lines.
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 10:37:37 PM »

And even though the beliefs are different Catholics believe Jews (and muslims) are all on the right path, just a different one, and all 3 faiths set good lifestyles. Even though I know Rastafari goes all the way back to Africa and such, it still has lots of rooting in Christianity (plus a little bit of rooting in Hinduism) I think that the relationship between Rastafarians and Christians should be like that between Christians and Jews, after all the major division in both cases is along the same lines.

This is your opinion, but from my experience Catholics and Christians in general, view their religion as being the only way to Heaven and everybody else who doesn't accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior is doomed to an eternity in Hell.
Catholics definitely do not view Islam in a positive light. Some may say so, because it is politically correct to do so, but they will still try to convert a Muslim to Christianity at the same time.

Also Rasta is not rooted in Christianity....you have it backwards. Christianity like Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam is rooted
deeply in Rasta, as early Africans have been achieving God-consciousness thousands of years before the birth of any of these religions, that are mere fragments of ancient African traditions. For more on the African origins of religion, read The African Origins of Major Western Religions by Yosef Ben Jochannan, or any books by the stated author.

One of the pitfalls of mainstream religion is that is does not encourage us to think critically and question the scripts that we are given but rather encourages blind faith and dogmatic adherence to abstract concepts that are grounded in self denial. It takes much effort and courage to fight against centuries of conditioning. Even so people have a right to worship as they see fit, even if they are wrong. People have a right to be wrong once it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. People need to take responsibility for informing themselves, neither accepting nore rejecting anything blindly. Through this at least, they may have a chance of realizing heaven on earth in their present lifetime.

Tyehimba
Africanprince

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 03:07:03 PM »

But do u believe that every man and woman will bow and confess to Rastafari? JAH Grace.

Nope! Only if the religion is forced upon people like Christian and Muslims did throughout our worlds history.
hailiniemperor

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 10:16:21 PM »

I would like to thank everyone for their contributions.

Also Rasta is not rooted in Christianity....you have it backwards. Christianity like Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam is rooted
deeply in Rasta,

I loved this quote. Beautiful. Put smiles on the face. First of all I dont listen to one thing that comes outa Rome, cuz I do not listen to the beast. Rome is the beast that houses the Dragon (the pope or shall I say Vicarius Filli Dei, which in Roman numerals adds up to 666!).  What I was trying to reason on is  Do you believe that Rasta and Praising HIS Majest is the only way to, shall I say  THE LIGHT? Off course there are those that do not understand enough about Rasta to Hail H.I.M. But those that do and dont recognize, to quote from Midnite "If them reject JAH I stamp them destination Unknown."  But I have also heard Rasta say that JAH comes in many forms and many faiths.  What do you believe?
c-spot_rasta

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 01:30:02 AM »

"This is your opinion, but from my experience Catholics and Christians in general, view their religion as being the only way to Heaven and everybody else who doesn't accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior is doomed to an eternity in Hell.
Catholics definitely do not view Islam in a positive light."

No that's wrong, mabey individual Christians think this way, but they teach us in class that the Catholic Catechism teaches that Catholics believe any Muslim who lives their life by the Q'ran (I don't think that's spelt right) will go to heaven.

Also I know how people on this site love to pick out technichalities, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to go back and give another long explanation on what I meant.

I know the beliefs of Rasta predate Christianity, but before Garvey founded his church, the majority of people who now adays would call themselves Rastas thought of themselves as Christians, Hindus, Muslims, ect.. Then HIM came and the ones who knew the truth took His name as their religion, RASTAFARI, but that was the founding principal belief, customs and traditions of the churches that Rastas were previous members of  were adopted ie. The Torah/Bible from Jews/Catholics, and when slavery was abolished in Jamacia and the Indian "workers" were brought over, The Hindu sect    (I forget what they're called) that follows sheeva brought the use of ganja, people din't have to look very far in the bible to find that this belief was correct, but it was the Hindus who introduced it. Ganja is a Hindu word. K that's wut I meant.
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2004, 12:51:10 PM »

Rastafari IS.

The light, being enlightenment, can be reached through many different religions or paths of spirituality. What is the light? It's hard to put such a concept into one word, but the closest that I can think of is LOVE.
When dealing with the truth in this time, "earth cycle now a Rasta." HIM has come and loose the seals, there is no more waiting on JAH it's time to let the Almighty manifest within... and truly, I sight the goal of reaching the Ideal I as the reason Rastafari is the truth the light and the way... dealing with internal scrutiny and making sure all thoughts and acts are right in JAH sight.
By saying Rastafari IS, I am in no way neglecting the thoughts, precepts, opinions or religions of others. But I respect anyone else's path to attaining the higher height. Rastafari is from creation, the balance, the 3 in 1 and yet no matter who you praise, love is the number one manifestation of the Almighty JAH... so love to all icepts of creation...
Blessed

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: