Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Seeking Information about Ethiopia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Seeking Information about Ethiopia  (Read 8828 times)
stiritup66

Work to uphold the teachings of H.I.M. Selassie I!

« on: November 17, 2004, 10:35:14 PM »

Greetings in the name of the Most High,
    I am requesting the help of anyone who can give it to me. I live in the U.S. at this point and time, but the time has come to look elsewhere for a home. I am would like to know if anyone has information on becoming a citizen of Ethiopia. It has been a dream of mine for quite some time, and I realize it may have to wait for longer, but it doesn't hurt to dream; ever! If there is someone in the country of Ethiopia that frequents this forum, I would love to speak directly to them about what sort of jobs/skills are needed at this time. I realize to become a citizen of any country you need to show them you will not be a burden on their country. I have many skills, and am willing to gain more skills in certain areas to become as helpful as I can to the beautiful country of Ethiopia. I am egerly awaiting any information I can get my hands on.

P.S. If there is anyone who has visited the country, and has ideas of where to travel to first, that would be much appreciated as well.

I seek knowledge in the name of H.I.M.!
Cedric
NB

Roots

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 11:35:59 AM »

Cedric,

I was happy to see your intrest in God's country, there's no reason why you cannot prosper in Ethiopia.  If you want to work there, start applying to whatever NGO's are of intrest to you, just research them on the internet.  If you have money, then you should just go to Ethiopia and see where you feel compelled to lay down roots.  As far as skills go, there's probably a need for most any skills, however, basic command of the amharic language will be extremely helpful.  As far as becoming a citizen you would have to give up your American citizenship as neither country will recognize dual citizenship with one another.  Ethiopia will keep granting you visas to stay in the country as long as you keep paying for them.  The first time I applied for a visa there I was granted a two year multiple entry visa when I had only requested a six month single entry visa, so in this regard they are pretty easy going.  Plenty Rastamen have thrown their passports in the garbage upon arrival, some of these men have been deported and others, mostly in Shashemane, have been allowed to stay, although the governments stance on their position in the country seems a little ambiguous.  The political climate has been fairly stable in Ethiopia for the past decade, I don't think you'd have much trouble creating a life there, but certainly money and the Amharic language will play major roles in opening doors for you.  My best suggestion would be to fly into Addis, read some guide books and start travelling around the country, where you intrests take you.  Getting comfortable with the culture and people takes some time and effort in itself.  I recently spent five months there, after originally planning to stay for two, I left with a wife a new family and four acres of land, and if I can do this you can too.  Ethiopia is the most blessed place on earth, I have never felt like I was at home as I did in Ethiopia.  I know I will reside there permanently one day, so will my children.  Ethiopia is the birthplace of mankind and it is the source of all life, it is for every human to embrace.  More than anything, it's only a plane ticket away.  I will be going back in early January, if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help.  Start saving and learning that Amharic!! Selam, NB
stiritup66

Work to uphold the teachings of H.I.M. Selassie I!

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 01:56:25 PM »

Greetings in the name of the Most High,
    Thank you very much NB for your gracious reply. I am on my way to earning (and saving) an amount of money for this trip to Ethiopia. Your words have given me much desire to see the land and have the soil underneath my feet! It has been a while since I wrote this post, and I didn't think anyone would answer. Just last night I prayed to Yahweh Rastafari to help guide me, as I was concerned with a different subject than Ethiopia. Today I find a message at my feet that will ispire my days to come. I thank you again for your kind words, I will put good use to them, and One day will see you in Ethiopia friend!

Peace to every brother and sister who seeks knowledge from himself, but also from others! Yahoshua!

Cedric
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: