Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:26:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 71 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  why Rasta has nothing to do with religion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: why Rasta has nothing to do with religion  (Read 19683 times)
Don_Tali

One God one Aim One Destiny

« on: April 07, 2005, 05:55:09 AM »

Etymology of the word "Religion"

By Gary Amirault

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webster's Collegiate Dictionary traces the word back to an old Latin word religio meaning "taboo, restraint." A deeper study discovers the word comes from the two words re and ligare. Re is a prefix meaning "return," and ligare means "to bind;" in other words, "return to bondage."  An this is why we do not want to return to that "old-time religion"?

"O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you! Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?"

To find Yeshua you must first break the chains of religion
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 07:28:38 AM »

Yenge Mundele Don tali

Since all black Rastafarians are not answering my question on the blood line of jesus AKA SUSEJ. I thought maybe ill ask a white Rasta instead. How can King David of the Old Testament be a direct ancestor to Jesus they cannot have the same blood line it’s impossible.

I was reading your other topic on racism which mysteriously disappeared into the never ending web and I reckoned you were an expert in the Rastafarian way of life. So can you tell me how or why they call Jesus selassie I and
Why the rasta them say he is of the tribe of Judah.

Ps you should sew for violation of human wrights

Think Clear BE Clear>>>>Always Analyze never Dismiss We all are here to learn>>>>> this earth is a BIG class Room
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 10:07:19 PM »

Jemba, the other thread disappeared because Don Tali was guilty of being disrespectful and a liar.

If you really want to know about the Rastafarian movement and debate with intelligent Rastafari brethren post on the Rastafari Speaks board... you should know that.

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 05:47:05 AM »

Yenge Muntu Kelani

I have posted something regarding Jesus Christ the (white) prophet for the (white) people of Israel and iam hoping for my brothers and sisters to answer my question. The title of the post is JESUS CAN NOT BE RELATED TO KING DAVID.

I asked Dontali because he knows the Rastafarian way of life, which is the bible or is it something else?

I would like to learn more about the Rastafarian way of life and there is no shame in asking somebody who is white about something he knows more then me.

Think Clear BE Clear>>>>Always Analyze never Dismiss We all are here to learn>>>>> this earth is a BIG class Room
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 09:48:24 AM »

Yenge Muntu Kelani

I am not "muntu," I am "mama" Kelani!

I asked Dontali because he knows the Rastafarian way of life, which is the bible or is it something else?

He knows nothing. He doesn’t have the same positive energy as the white member "360" or "Rootsie." Someone whose sole purpose is to disrupt the flow of PRO-BLACKNESS in this community and to LIE with no useful purpose is NOT the representation of Rastafari!

I would like to learn more about the Rastafarian way of life

So POST ON THE RASTAFARI SPEAKS BOARD, WHY ARE YOU STUCK ON THE REASONING FORUM?

and there is no shame in asking somebody who is white about something he knows more then me.

The more you talk, the more I see you backing the wrong whites. Are we supposed to accommodate agents of White Supremacy on the boards now? Yeah right!!!

B.K

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 12:15:49 PM »

Yenge YaYa

I am not "muntu," I am "mama" Kelani!

I would like to ask you the etymology of the word Bantu or the meaning of the word Bantu?  

He doesn't have the same positive energy as the white member "360" or "Rootsie

I did not ask him because of his positive energy (ba donki pe ba zali mabe, baza pe na mayele koleka batu normal) I wanted an exchange of information or knowledge with Dontali, then I would know for myself what he stands for or what he knows because I like to learn.  

When masons shake hands there is a special signal exchange from the brotherhoods in the ranks.

So POST ON THE RASTAFARI SPEAKS BOARD, WHY ARE YOU STUCK ON THE REASONING FORUM?

I can’t say this would have been a waist of (time) I know that he knows something’s and I seek knowledge from Satanists to masons to Buddhists, he isn’t a European he knows something’s which the average Europeans don’t know
So I class him somewhere else.

I don’t talk Europeans if I am speaking to a European it’s just to pass on information to brothers and sisters which they could know already or not.

Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 11:50:06 PM »

I would like to ask you the etymology of the word Bantu or the meaning of the word Bantu?  

“Bantu” means precisely “people,” or also the peoples belonging to Central and South Africa. But I don’t want to be called “muntu” which means “someone.” Call me “mama” if you want to greet me in Kongolese thanks!

I did not ask him because of his positive energy (ba donki pe ba zali mabe, baza pe na mayele koleka batu normal) I wanted an exchange of information or knowledge with Dontali, then I would know for myself what he stands for or what he knows because I like to learn.  

Perhaps your Rasta friend was banned and his thread was removed because he was not so smart after all. You don’t have a clue do you? How many times I have to tell you to post on the Rastafari Speaks board to get all the intelligent perspective you need about the Rastas and the Rastari ethos? It’s pathetic to get so stuck on debating with a white poster who came disrespectfully and with anti pro-black arguments and opinions... Apparently, he sure was okay for you to talk to! I am not surprised by you.

When masons shake hands there is a special signal exchange from the brotherhoods in the ranks.

This is what I am talking about.

I can’t say this would have been a waist of (time) I know that he knows something’s and I seek knowledge from Satanists to masons to Buddhists, he isn’t a European he knows something’s which the average Europeans don’t know
So I class him somewhere else.

Please give me a break. This site has a few WHITE members who post enlightened views and opinions on matters about the world, culture, various traditions of mysticism, and the Black liberation struggle. They are pretty intelligent, they understand Black Nationalism... Don Don Tali is not one of them, if he was he would be right here still speaking his mind. You should know.  

B.K

jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 07:38:39 AM »

Hotep sister Kelani

Bantu means people CORRECT.

Mutu means head in lingala a kongolese dialect, Muntu which is in kikongo the mother of all kongolese dialects, means a head that works signifying intelligence within a persons. The plural to muntu is Bantu a number of people or persons with intelligence or heads that works.

Perhaps your Rasta friend was banned and his thread was removed because he was not so smart after all. You don't have a clue do you? How many times I have to tell you to post on the Rastafari Speaks board to get all the intelligent perspective you need about the Rastas and the Rastari ethos? It's pathetic to get so stuck on debating with a white poster who came disrespectfully and with anti pro-black arguments and opinions... Apparently, he sure was okay for you to talk to! I am not surprised by you.  

Dontali no tali totally all the same to me!! It would have been a good exchange of words but the present is the present there is no past or future.
But I don’t really think it is necessary to carry on with this post no more as it will be a total waist of positive or negative energy.

!!YENGE MUNTU!!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: