Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:12:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 75 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  A reason for them who honor Bob
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: A reason for them who honor Bob  (Read 40958 times)
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 04:35:01 PM »

too much propoganda, I can't participate in that..............either you're a white devil trying to mislead the bredren/sistrens or you are a black mercenary trying to mislead our people. either way I got no love so 1 urself.

You're officially on my ignore list.

"You can fool some people SOMETIMES, but you can't fool all the people ALL-THE-TIME..." - Bob Marley

"You might have some house niggas fooled, but I understand/ Colonialism is sponsored by corporations, that's why Haliburton gets paid to rebuild nations." - Immortal Technique
Ras Tendai

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 09:21:11 PM »

Chiefblackbear, I suggset u go an crawl back under the rock where  u came from. Hypocryte an parasite. Remember that, as u judge others so shall u be judged.U been reading too much of the whiteman literature, i suggest u educate urself and then come back to reason.
I man say "Rasta a de small axe ready to cut people like u down".
RASTAFARI LIVE!!!!
submissiverebel

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 01:57:13 AM »

How do you expect to get the truth from books filled with lies?  Huh
chiefblackbear

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2007, 11:17:17 AM »

The hand that gives is also the hand that takes.

The bible whose hands was it from and who understands it better then we Nubians.

the bold heads.
Ras_Nevoe

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2007, 11:25:33 AM »

How do you expect to get the truth from books filled with lies?  Huh

Chiefblackbear, I suggset u go an crawl back under the rock where  u came from. Hypocryte an parasite. Remember that, as u judge others so shall u be judged.U been reading too much of the whiteman literature, i suggest u educate urself and then come back to reason.
I man say "Rasta a de small axe ready to cut people like u down".
RASTAFARI LIVE!!!!

too much propoganda, I can't participate in that..............either you're a white devil trying to mislead the bredren/sistrens or you are a black mercenary trying to mislead our people. either way I got no love so 1 urself.

You're officially on my ignore list.

"You can fool some people SOMETIMES, but you can't fool all the people ALL-THE-TIME..." - Bob Marley

"You might have some house niggas fooled, but I understand/ Colonialism is sponsored by corporations, that's why Haliburton gets paid to rebuild nations." - Immortal Technique

[/quote]
melaninmagic

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 09:34:06 AM »

Hotep Brother/Sister

I dont know much about bob but didnt he use to smoke like chimney, I respect rastafai as a religion but I dont think bob was a true rasta.

chiefblackbear

It is important that there be some degree of honesty in this forum, and so my question to you is this...

Do you or have you ever classified yourself as white?

Thanks.
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 01:08:30 PM »

Kebo...

Long time.  Nice to see your words on my screen again.  I trust all is well.

Getting back to your original post, a question that was not answered from what I saw.  "How can this awesome movement whom the messenger Bob Marley informed us of co-exist with the religions and movements of the world?"

Rasta can co-exist with other religions and movements the same way as they co-exist with Rasta.  Think of this...Rasta is nothing new...even before the term "rasta" there was rastafarian thought.  Because we are not part of a religion in its traditional sense Rasta consciousness resides in our minds and hearts.  It is how we act towards one another.  But more than that, it is how we view the world.  That said, we can take Rasta anywhere we move and add rasta to anything that is open to additions of this nature.  Just as Rasta thought has developed and deepend becuse of other movements and religions, these very religions and movements can further and deepen themseves from what it is we can bring to the table.  Ears, minds and hearts must be open for this transfer to happen but it can happen.  When this happens, we have a wonderful exchange.  We have love.  Yes!

Rasta has, and will continue to co-exist with the world.  To me, that is what it is best at.

For more development....I say we look at what the Bobo Shanti does in Jamaica.  They have such strong ties to the community.  They outreach.  To me, that is why they have garnered more respect from the outside that the other movements within Rasta.  But let us keep this in mind, is that what we are looking for in the first place?  Acceptance from others is good..but not necessary in the least.

May my words add to this development.

..Kingston..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
Kebo

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 11:57:12 PM »

Yo Kingston - thanks for answering the original question. Good insight.

On another note regarding the Bobo Shanti - im surpised bobo dreads r so widespread given their belief in Prince Immanuel - as Bob called him 'Likkle Old Man'. That whole piece makes zero sense to me and after visiting their site in the hills I wasnt feeling it. They're putting likkle old man in a trio among Selassie and Garvey - I dont think so.

African justice - white redemption
Kingston

RastafariSpeaks .com

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 03:09:15 PM »

Yes Kebo...

On this issue, you would have more knowledge than I.  Having seen things with your own eyes is much more solid that reading words in books and the internet. 

That said, the respect I was making reference to was the the respect found between the Bobo's and their surrounding communities.  From what I have witnessed, the general public was more akin to Bobo's because of their clean and presentable image, their strict disapproval of slackness and their respect for everyone they cross paths with.  From what I have understood, this has allowed them the forge strong ties and relations with populations that have done nothing less than shun other Rasta sects.

But, I again draw upon the knowledge that you must have more knowledge than I.

What, other than the "Likkle ol man", did you learn about the Bobo's?  Please share Ras.

Nice to have a dialogue with you again.  Respect.

..Kingston..

..Understanding Truth and My Place in it..
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: