Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:41:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 99 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  Rastafari (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  Irish Rastafarian.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Irish Rastafarian.  (Read 34728 times)
IrishRastaman

« on: July 16, 2007, 07:05:24 PM »

Hey I'm 17 and from Dublin,Ireland and recently turned to the Rastafarian Religon....The reason i did so i have been studing it for a long time and I compare the troubles of our people here(war with the English etc etc) to the troubles of other people...It has always been my belife that every1 is equal and that no1 is better than any1 else.I think in the eyes of jah we are all one and when i try explian that to people they laugh and say "how the F*** can u be a Rasta??Ur not black or from Jamaica!!!!Then i try to explain that it's not about skin colours or where your from or anything like that it's about belifs.Belifs that every1 is equal man,Woman.Black,White.Well anyways what i'm getting at is there anyway to make myself as better Rastafarian...If some one could plz give me help that would be Great
Jah Melku

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 05:26:39 PM »

Most major religions profess those features you mentioned, so with people mocking you, why choose Rastafari?
IrishRastaman

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 06:41:14 PM »

Most major religions profess those features you mentioned, so with people mocking you, why choose Rastafari?

I chose Rastafari as i can relate to the rasta people.I was in London a while ago and got beat up 4 bein Irish..the english have tried to enslave the Irish for years..........also many irsh traditions are similar to that of the Rasta...Irish people also had dreadlocks many years ago before the english invaded and banned dreadlocks.....i feel every1 is equal White,Black,Man,Woman,Irish,English....In the eyes of Jah every1 is the same i just wish every1 that some people could see that...I just wish every1 could see that no1 is different...evrey1 is equal...i'm trying to spread this word and some people listen but some jus laugh it off..ut's hard being so young no1 takes u serious...I'm not claiming to know everything about Rastafarianism that's why i joined here to learn more and to make myself a better Rasta....Am i  bein stupid???Thoughts plz....
IrishRastaman

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 07:42:52 PM »

Also if any1 would like to contact me direct via e mail or msn my address is Lewe.cc@hotmail.com
Azania 7

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 11:57:12 AM »

Greetings

I went that whole route of labeling myself Rastafarian without really knowing the Truth of Rasta (not trying to state that you dont know). My view on ur questions is that whateva direction you are looking to go in I think it should stem  from within... Many of us are following the ideal of Rastafari as set by the media and commercial industry and not lookin beyond this.....

A question to you IrishRastaman... Have u in Ireland attempted to be in contact wit other Rasta people in your area to learn from them or are you only researching through books and internet?? Not saying that books and Internet are the wrong way but they can only get u so far in learning about culture... I hope i dont sound preachy just sharing my view.

Also question to Rasta people on this forum.. What is your view on the term RastafarianISM??? Does anyone  feel that it holds particularly negative connotations and groups Rasta as a part of the Babylon classification system of "isms and schisms"HuhHuh

Bless

"...we are not anti-anybody.We are pro-Africa..." Robert Sobukwe
IrishRastaman

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »

Greetings to you my friend.

I have not been in contact with any Rasta people in my area as there is only a mionrity of them in Ireland....so the answere is I have been just studying throught the internet mostly...I would love 2 meet a real Rasta...to learn more but as i said there is only a minority here in Ireland
siger

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 05:59:57 PM »

to Azania....

the birth of rastafarianism was the death, rather, the "attempted murder" of rastafari. as you said, the system that brands our beliefs added that connotation. by doing so , a religion was born.

i believe, with all sincerity, that RastafarI is not and will never be a religion. with the ism, it becomes something else.....

a pale phantom, the seed of thought of ones who could not understand the spirit, and mistook it for a ghoul.
so one covets the thing he sees everytime he looks in a mirror.

.... that was a wise deduction though, thanks for that

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
Killuminati33
AfricaSpeaks Member

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 04:13:21 AM »

One who cannot understand spirit? You think us "pale people" can't understand spirit? Heres a link for you I don't know who's myspace it is but if you scroll over to the right and see the first good video watch it and you tell me does that little girl not connected at all with her spiritual side? 

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=15422834

You must understand Irish there are many assossiated or maybe even within this religion or whatever you want to call it are complete racists and only looks down on other people such as the white man. This can be for a number of reasons, either they may feel ashamed of themselves and are in denial, they want to feel superior to all races just as white supremecists do. They are actually no different and are very similar. They may be very insecure people and look to these racist beliefs or racist groups in an attempt for themselves to feel more confident and superior to other people. Siger is a perfect example of this. Don't let people like this manipulate you into thinking you are something your not. You are still a white man and should not be ashamed no white man should.
siger

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 02:35:47 AM »

to the irish...

i don't know if its too late to explain myself, but the remark abt the pale phantom was not meant to be prejudicial in any way. it was taken out of context.

the pale phantom is the ism, the thing that tries to imitate substance. remember plato's story of three men in a  cave, with fire behind them and a wall to the front. the shadows cast upon the wall by all who walked past the fire was all the three men saw. and they assumed that to be reality. then one of them turned around, and what he saw were wonders....

rastafari is the substance, rastafarianism is the phantom.

We look neither left nor right, but forward.
IrishRastaGirl

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 02:38:20 PM »

Hey, I'm 18 and from Dublin too. I'm also converting, the Rastafarian movement is such an eye opener, I'm on board all the way. Are you on facebook bro?  Smiley
Rastaman

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »

Whats up. I also have converted. I live in Leitrim by the way. Do you have a fb account man ?
Niyabhingi

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 03:26:41 PM »

@ IrishRastafarian: In order to be better love better...meditate in His Word, study, read the Scripts continually...when The Spirit dwells within...work harder...make your garden to grow ...water is His Word, His Son & His Spirit... .... do good and it will follow...all you need to know will be revealed to you...as we know only that which He has revealed unto us. Seek & Ye shall find...knock and the door shall  be opened...read white writing on a white wall...wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove.
IrishRastaman

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 09:45:27 AM »

Hey, I'm 18 and from Dublin too. I'm also converting, the Rastafarian movement is such an eye opener, I'm on board all the way. Are you on facebook bro?  Smiley

sorry im on replying now....IrishRastaGirl i would love t chat to you are you on fb...add me lewe.cc@hotmail.com jus mail me to let me knw who u are Smiley reaally really hope t tlk t u soon Smiley
O.L.O.W.

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »

Interesting, an Irish rasta. I too am new to the rasta way of life. I hope you fallow and live the right path my friend.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: