Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 11:49:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25895 Posts in 9961 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 121 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Mainstream Religion (Moderator: Tyehimba)
| | |-+  Veribility of the Bible
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Veribility of the Bible  (Read 26957 times)
8: Undefined offset: 1
File: /home/rastafar/public_html/reasoning/Sources/Subs-Aeva-Admin.php
Line: 286
hailiniemperor

AfricaSpeaks.com

« on: January 27, 2004, 11:10:04 PM »

I personally believe that many parts of the Bible have been distorted, especially the New Testament. The Bible was canonized in 325 AD by a council under Emperor Constatine of Rome. Since learning this I have been worried a bit cuz InI know that no truth and Righteousness can ever come out of Rome. Except maybe for Socrates and I have heard that Socrates wasnt even born a Roman but was a black man. If u havent noticed the Old and New Testament contradict one another. So I would like people to reason with me and give me your responses. Big up!
out_of_Zion

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 11:19:10 AM »

Well, what you read about it being canonized in Rome is true, but they didn't write scriptures there.  The most corrupt thing that the Romans really did was making Christianity into a highly organized and man-run religion.  They more or less did the same thing that the scribes and pharisees did to Judiasm, attempting to remove the religion from the grasp of the layman and put it in the hands of the powerful (and rich) clergy.  This was done by keeping Bibles in Latin instead of the languages used by common folk, inventing non-Biblical concepts as canonized dogmatic doctrine, such as the trinity and purgatory.

The actual taking of the writings that were to be considered for the Bible and decided what was spurious (meaning not written by the original authors) and what was authentic.  Later scholars confirmed this original work, but there is always an aire of debate, as with most theological issues.  However, this is not really where the Roman church corrupted Christianity, at least in my opinion.  It was much more of their heirarchal domination and outright tyranny.  There are areas of the Bible that were altered slightly, and I will touch on those in a later response.  It's mainly word choice between translation, so it's not a matter of scripture fabrication.

As for the NT and Hebrew scriptures "contradicting one another."   That, too, is a debateable matter.  It was something I said before I really studied the Word and read it from cover to cover.  They do not contradict.  It's important to realize that Almighty Jehovah does not change (Titus 1:2), and because of that, his Word does contradict.  

Now I know what I have said is a vast oversimplification of what you want in terms of an answer, but I have limited time to write on the matter right now, and I'm not exactly sure how I want to go about answering your question.  But I will take more time later, OK?   thx.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
out_of_Zion

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 03:54:25 PM »

That scripture I cited as Titus 1:2, I meant to put Malachi 3:6,

"For I am Jehovah; I have not changed."  (partial quotation)

I guess the best place to start would be my asking what you feel is contradictory?  From my point of view I always found it contradictory that there was a commandment "Thou shalt not kill" and Jehovah had ordered the destruction of entire nations when the Israelites were to take over the land of Canaan.  From what I've been able to ascertain is that it was not an act of murderous killing, but rather a divine judgement, followed by a decree.  Thus, their sanctioned war against the pagan people was as though it was Jehovah himself destroying them, as he did the cities of Sodom & Ghomorrea, or the pre-flood world, etc.  Therefore, it is a judgement of Gehenna (or eternal destruction, kolasis, Greek, "cutting off")...

Is that one of your questions?  What discrepancies do you find to be contradictory?  I'll do my best to answer any questions you have and if I don't know the answer off hand I won't spurt crap; I'll do some research.

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
hailiniemperor

AfricaSpeaks.com

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 01:56:03 AM »

Wuz up Out of Zion, u know really right now the two biggest contradictions I dont check with is how, in the Old Testament it lays the law for what foods not to eat, and then in the New Testament Jesus says All Foods are Clean. I despise the wicked, and with that stance I would be a righteous man by the terms of the Old Testament, but in the New Testament Jesus says love ur Enemies and turn ur cheek. I dont turn my cheek for nobody. Somebody better believe I will protect myself, I keep my dignity. Not Pride cuz I aint afraid to get my ass whooped in front of everybody, I just hold myself upright. Strait in Selassie Structa. U think Selassie turn the other cheek when Mussolynchthee came and invaded Ethiopia. So yeah I believe some parts of the Bible have been fabricated but especially the New Testament. If u wanna see more examples of contradictons go to Google.Com and type in Biblical Contradictions. Peace.
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 12:12:39 PM »

Greeting everyone,

I am new to the forum and would like to add another element to this discussion. What about the Bible and the concepts in Christianity and Judaism being borrowed/stolen form previous cultures, mythologies, or spiritual concepts...particularly those of KMT/andcient Egypt?

Most of the stories/themes in th Bible were already around in North East Afrika prior to it's writting(and subsiquent perversions). Since we have the origional papyri from the Nile Valley civilizations to verify this...Why don't we just skip the adulterated versions of our origional African spirituality and go to the scource?

Forward to a united Africa!