Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:01:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 90 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  GENERAL
| |-+  GENERAL FORUM (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie, Makini, Zaynab)
| | |-+  Making Sense of 'The Passion'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Making Sense of 'The Passion'  (Read 48618 times)
Oshun_Auset

« on: March 01, 2004, 12:45:28 PM »

Making Sense of 'The Passion'

I have a major problem with the new movie that is supposed to be about the crucifixion of Yeshua Ben Pendera(Jesus' real name)....

Mel Gibson said he tried to keep it "authentic" by having the entire movie in Arhamaic and Latin....but he forgot to make the caste look authentic by having people with melanin play the roles of the Hebrews! This is an "oversight" that should not be accepted by any Christian! I am not a Christian for MANY reasons. But I do know, like anyone who has ever read the Bible, that the historical Yeshua had "feet of burnt brass" and "hair of lambs wool"(I wonder who that looks like?)....Not to mention he hung out in KMT/Egypt to escape being killed, and that people from the area STILL are of color! The pope prays to a Black madonna and child in his holy of holies in the Vatican! All of the origional Madonna and child depictions were of them being Black! The apocraphal texts say that he was born in a cave in Ethiopia(prior to the Nicene conferance changing it to Nazareth),(The story associated with Yeshua is a direct copy of the KMTic/Egyptian story of Heru nad Ausar)...We can go on and on about the hisorical and mythical proof that Yeshua(and his teachings) are of African origion.

Why are Christians, especially those of color, not up in arms about this false portrayal???

I see them coming out of the theatre crying, instead of angry that the "White God" is being forced on us....once again. Why does the congregation allow the "church" to preach that we should tell the truth...as it promotes a false image of Yeshua?

Any opinions on this topic would be much appreciated. Especially from followers of Yeshua.

Forward to a united Africa!
sisMenenI

physical distance cannot be a barrier to love.

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 01:26:48 PM »

Greetings... I have not seen the movie yet but from what I have heard it makes sense to me that this movie is coming out in this time... yo anything that is based in catholicism must come out of the Vatican, ordained by the Pope.. so.. ofcourse it's all about the crussifiction of Yahushua and not His works, not the Christ principles... just death. The tickets sold have gone way over any other movie in history, I don't know what exactly this movie is doing to the psyche of christians out there, but I burn the concept of "Jesus Died for our sins"... No no Yahushua lived to give InI LIFE...
I'll post more after I have viewed the movie.
RasTafari is life eternally
BLESSED

Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is a simple way of life, pure and original as was given by the most high. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and eachother
Bantu_Kelani
Service Member

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 01:54:35 PM »

I saw "The Passion of the Christ" last night. There is something radically wrong with this film and mainstream religions, which portray one vast slaughterhouse, saturated in human blood, resulting from the mass murder of one priest by fellow-priests of the same nation being urged by power desires. This film acts as a symbolic of the psychological slaughter  of high morality. Like Mary and Magdalene (the High priestesses of the archaic spiritual tradition) I clean the dead body of higher intellect (Logos or Christ) with my tears, for the power-ego-competition of patriarchy slaughtered the human race 3,000 years ago. I condemn Mel Gibson who believes in ancient fallacies and the madness of thieves. Words cannot describe the gory meaning of this film Wreck Sad 2 Shocked!!

Bantu Kelani.

We should first show solidarity with each other. We are Africans. We are black. Our first priority is ourselves.
out_of_Zion

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 02:36:03 PM »

I agree that the movie is highly inaccurate.  

Those scriptures that you quoted, though, are from Revelation and are part of John's vision...My perception of them is that the feet of burnt brass refer to the strength of the path he tred - that he walked firm though through heat.  Consider this scripture which also uses "feet" as a metaphor for the act of the person, "How comely upon the mountains are the feet of the one bringing good news, the one publishing peace, the one bringing good news of something better, the one publishing salvation, the one saying to Zion: 'Your God has become king.'" -Isaiah 52:7  

And then - I'd never considered the textural aspect of the "hair of wool" scripture.  So you've opened my eyes here to something new, thanks.  I merely understood that the wool reference meant his hair was white, indicating age & wisdom, but it can also refer to the thicker quality of the hair found in people of color.  Josephus did say Jesus was a "small and dark" man, but I've always taken this to understand that he was a dark Arab man, as that is the region of the world that he was born in according to what is in the scriptures.  We'd discussed this once before already a couple months ago.  Since then I've read a little about the original Hebrews being of black origin on some websites, but what I wanted to read was the book by an author named Ella something...I'm just kind of "behind" in my reading and I've bought so many books lately.

YET ANOTHER inaccuracy in the movie (which I still haven't seen) is that I saw he is carrying a cross when in fact he was impaled on an upright post.  The word cross was inserted into the Biblical texts after it was translated into latin as crux, which means pole or cross.  The original Greek word stauros simply means "stake."  The cross was adopted because it was already popular in Pagan traditions (from Celtic crosses, to similar onks, to the Greek god Tammoz) and it helped bring more non-christians into their psuedo-Christian church in Rome, thus initiating the great whore of organized religion.

but I burn the concept of "Jesus Died for our sins"... No no Yahushua lived to give InI LIFE...

INI agree.  Reflect on this scripture, sister

"Jesus said to her: 'I am the resurrection and the life.  He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life and everyone that is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all."  -John 11:25,26

Therefore, become imitators of JAH, as beloved children - Ephesians 5:1
Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 05:15:10 PM »

"The Christian religion is responsible for enthroning the cross of death in heaven, with a deity on it, doing public penance for a private failure in the commencement of creation. It has taught men to believe that the vilest spirit may be washed white, in the atoning blood of the purest, offered up as a bribe to an avenging God. It has divinized a figure of helpless human suffering, and a face of pitiful pain; as if there were naught but a great heartache at the core of all things; or the vast Infinite were but a veiled and sad-eyed sorrow that brings visibly to birth in the miseries of human life. But "in the old Pagan world men deified the beautiful, the glad;" as they will again, upon a loftier pedestal, when the fable of this fictitious fall of man, and false redemption by the cloud-begotten God, has passed away like a phantasm of the night, and men awake to learn that they are here to wage ceaseless war upon sordid suffering, remediable wrong, and preventable pain; here to put an end to them, not to apotheosize an effigy of Sorrow to be adored as a type of the Eternal. For the most beneficent is the most beautiful; the happiest are the healthiest; the most God-like is most glad. The Christian Cult has fanatically fought for its false theory, and waged incessant warfare against Nature and Evolution--Nature's intention made somewhat visible--and against some of the noblest instincts, during eighteen centuries. Seas of human blood have been spilt to keep the barque of Peter afloat. Earth has been honeycombed with the graves of the martyrs of Freethought. Heaven has been filled with a horror of great darkness in the name of God.

Eighteen centuries are a long while in the life-time of a lie, but a brief span in the eternity of Truth. The Fiction is sure to be found out, and the Lie will fall at last! At last! At last!!!"        Gerald Massey  The Historical Jesus and the Mythical Christ (ca. 1900)
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 08:20:22 PM »

peace and hotep,

mel gibson......hmmmm. the epitome of the angry "white" male. surely he is angry on purpose...... Lips Sealed 2

•      We Were Soldiers (2002) .... Hal Moore
•      What Women Want (2000) .... Nick Marshall
•      Patriot, The (2000) .... Colonel Benjamin 'The Ghost' Martin
•      Chicken Run (2000) (voice) .... Rocky Rhodes the Rhode Island Red Rooster
•      Million Dollar Hotel, The (2000) .... Detective Skinner
•      Payback (1999) .... Porter
•      Lethal Weapon 4  .... Detective Sergeant Martin Riggs
•      FairyTale: A True Story (1997) (uncredited) .... Frances' Father
•      Conspiracy Theory (1997) .... Jerry Fletcher
•      Fathers' Day (1997) (uncredited) .... Scott (the body piercer)
•      Ransom (1996) .... Tom Mullen
•      Pocahontas (1995) (voice) .... John Smith
•      Casper (1995) (uncredited) .... Himself
•      Braveheart (1995) .... William Wallace
•      Maverick (1994) .... Bret Maverick
•      Man Without a Face, The (1993) .... Justin McLeod
•      Forever Young (1992) .... Capt. Daniel McCormick
•      Lethal Weapon 3 (1992) .... Martin Riggs
•      Hamlet (1990) .... Hamlet
•      Air America (1990) .... Gene Ryack
•      Bird on a Wire (1990) .... Rick Jarmin
•      Lethal Weapon 2 (1989) .... Detective Sergeant Martin Riggs
•      Tequila Sunrise .... Dale McKussic
•      Lethal Weapon (1987) .... Detective Sergeant Martin Riggs
•      Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985) .... Mad Max
•      Mrs. Soffel (1984) .... Ed Biddle
•      River, The (1984) .... Tom Garvey
•      Bounty, The (1984) .... Fletcher Christian Master's Mate
•      Year of Living Dangerously, The (1982) .... Guy Hamilton, Australian Broadcast System Correspondent
•      Attack Force Z (1982) .... Captain P.G. Kelly
•      "Punishment" (1981) TV Series .... Rick Monroe
•      Gallipoli (1981) .... Frank Dunne
•      Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981) .... Max
•      Tim (1979) .... Tim
•      Mad Max (1979) .... 'Mad' Max Rockatansky
•      Summer City (1977) .... Scollop

opinions on this topic would be much appreciated. Especially from followers of Yeshua.

thank you. now  back to angry "white" male or 'anger management'.

Mel Gibson said he tried to keep it "authentic" by having the entire movie in Arhamaic and Latin....but he forgot to make the caste look authentic by having people with melanin play the roles of the Hebrews! ......

it is a good thing that "white" people are seeing "white" people brutalizing "white" peope because "white" people have been bad(see schindler's list) ...."white" peoples need this embarrassment. if anyones want authenticity, just look at WITHOUT SANCTUARY or the story of james byrd jr.

sometimes the truth can be accepted withe sadness
sometimes truth is accepted withe madness

i can't believe that "whites" can accept the cruxifiction of "blackness" as anything other than normal at this point. to "whites" the cruxifiction of "whiteness" is a mechanism of survival.

...... instead of angry that the "White God" is being forced on us....once again.

in the 'white' mindseth, the relationship of the patriarchal and matriarchal is one in which the patriarch is on top/missionary.     Lips Sealed 2  

our 'white' children need a continual dose of both of our realities and so do we.

freedomisahapislave

Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 08:49:15 PM »

I don't think the spectacle of a black actor being excruciatingly tortured to death on screen would be any more edifying, do you?

I think of Mel's movies and how so many of them feature his own systematic torture. He must get off on that kind of thing. Sick.
seshatasefekht7
AfricaSpeaks Member

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 10:00:18 PM »

peace and hotep,

I don't think the spectacle of a black actor being excruciatingly tortured to death on screen would be any more edifying, do you?

sista, i am not 'white'. many 'white' people see blacks tortured to death anywhere as edifying......

i see mel gibsons works as expose'.  that is exposing 'white' pseudo-supremacy.  he can't be blatantly opposed to racism and you know this.

I think of Mel's movies and how so many of them feature his own systematic torture. He must get off on that kind of thing. Sick.

rootsie, look at 'braveheart' i beg you and ones.

freedom is a hapi slave
douglarasta2003
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 03:59:48 PM »

Any hoo ppl i am new WELL new to actually replying on this site and i have ONE thing to say HOW LONG WILL WE ARGUE AN UNRESOLVABLE TOPIC?...The sciprtures of the 'BIBLE' have been butchered over THOUSANDS OF CENTURIES...soooo how could ppl expect ME to believe that when they quote a SO-CALLED scripture that it may be CORRECT?...I have been given the opportunity to explore a foreign land and let me tell U them ppl doh giev ah damn HOW long we argue or HOW long we rebel all they KNOW for a fact is that THEY R THE KEY HOLDERS OF SOCIETY..have u not realised that all they do is class US into group AKA RETREATISTS that have gone against the norms of society anf formed our own values....BUT however who is to say that our values R TRUE and RIGHT?..i have learnt to doubt everything that is placed B4 me..there was a reason for THE PASSIONS and its GENERAL CEMENTING OF CLASSISTS DOCTRINS...it was made to open our realization to the FACT that THIS IS HOW IT WAS MEANT TO BE...one day we will rise but as for now..our job is to continually analyse the perplexing issues in the world but ALAS certain aruements will continue forever: RACE,RELIGION,SEXISM,DISCRIMINTATION AND the list could continue ON AND ON but ONE thing will never change...THE ILLS DONE IN TIMES B4 US HAVE UNFORTUNATELY CAST OUT FAITH IN STONE..i for one am not saying to stop debating but just want u all to realise that that is all it is a debate THAT could be distorted to support either arguement according to the skill of the deabtor at hand...as such even though MEl Gibson simply is solidifying the erroneous doctrins of the VATICAN system...UNTIL I LAERN TO SPEAK THE OLDEN LANGUAGE AND GET A HOLD OF THE "ORIGINAL" VERSION OF THE STORY/BIBLE...I see all our arguements as lacking THE ELEMENT THAT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE...and that ELEMENT is TIME...WE WERE NOT THERE AND THUS CANNOT GIVE OUR OPINIONS BASED ON THE EUROPEAN INTERPRETATION OF HISTORY..... :-/
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 04:54:39 PM »

What about the geographical location of where the books of the Helio Biblio were written...or for that matter, the location of the cultures it's stories were plagerized from? For some reason I could have sworn it wasn't Europe!  Is that not a basic FACT?

Know Thyself First!
-Imhotep

douglarasta

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 06:14:31 PM »

BUT IS THE EUROPEANS REWROTE IT AND DISTRIBUTED IT TO THE WESTERN CULTURE MAINSTREAM Lips Sealed...SO IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE IT WAS FIRST WRITTEN IT IS WHERE IT WAS EFFECTIVE..THAT IS THE WESTERN SOCIETY... Angry...THUS EVEN THOUGH U SEEM VERY WELL VERSED IN YOUR LITERATURE...YOU R VERY MISCONSTRUED IN YOUR FACTS...

the allegory of the cave...socrates....check it out!!!

Cogito Ergo Sum...I think, therefore I AM!!!
Rootsie

Rootsie.com

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 07:41:27 PM »

Plato got his 'cave' from Egypt.
And that is a fact.
The cornerstone of Western Philosophy, Plato's 'ideal forms' is an African idea.
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 10:04:31 PM »

BUT IS THE EUROPEANS REWROTE IT AND DISTRIBUTED IT TO THE WESTERN CULTURE MAINSTREAM Lips Sealed...SO IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE IT WAS FIRST WRITTEN IT IS WHERE IT WAS EFFECTIVE..THAT IS THE WESTERN SOCIETY... Angry...THUS EVEN THOUGH U SEEM VERY WELL VERSED IN YOUR LITERATURE...YOU R VERY MISCONSTRUED IN YOUR FACTS...

the allegory of the cave...socrates....check it out!!!

I already know about the student of the KMTetic "mystery" systems... Socrates... The truth is the truth...I feel what you are saying...that is why I practive the spirituality of my ancestors...Ifa...and skip Christianity all together...because I refuse to practice the spirituality of the slavemaster/colonizer, even if it was origionally African....BUT it all did origionate in Africa...and NOT Europe!!! That is the truth, and that is a fact...They can lie as much as they want to by pushing the imagre of a white Jesus...but they can't argue with the truth....

gman

AfricaSpeaks

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

F*** Mel Gibson.
And now, totally off-topic: Douglarasta, are you from GT by any chance? I just wondering cos I figure most dougla people would be from GT or Trini, and it seems like I am the only GT bannah on the board, just wondering if there was another...
douglarasta

AfricaSpeaks.co m

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2004, 06:18:01 PM »

No no no I am trini to the bone...lol...so y u say mr. gman that i hadda be guyananese...lol..but any way Mel Gibson has acted in some of the most memorable movies this side of the continent as mentioned by the illustrous mr.setsh's post. But I am very glad that the passions was made because it will force ppl out of their narrow worlds and actually TRY to grasp the meaning of the word METAPHOR Shocked and internalize SYMBOLISM :-/. At least u gman actually recognises the 'dougla' in the name..it is nice to know that there are others who share a similar cultural background..hope to hear from u more often... Wink

Cogito Ergo Sum...I think, therefore I AM!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: