Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:03:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 100 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  all woman should wear Appropriate clothing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: all woman should wear Appropriate clothing  (Read 30648 times)
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« on: March 19, 2005, 05:40:21 AM »

Why can’t every woman follow the examples of the Muslim religion and start covering up their bodies.

Think Clear BE Clear>>>>Always Analyze never Dismiss We all are here to learn>>>>> this earth is a BIG class Room
Tyehimba

RastafariSpeaks

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 07:09:07 AM »

Why do males think it is their right or duty to dictate to women how they should dress? Why should Africans anywhere further reinforce the male domination within the society by adopting bogus Muslim norms? History provides better examples for Africans to follow.
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 05:26:44 PM »

The world is cruel and full of temptation it’s a fight for a man married or not to keep focus on the goals ahead. Sexual energy is important for anyone who wants to achieve goals in their life but there is so much distraction out there from females. I feel sorry for married man; they have a big problem with women who can’t keep their profile respective these days. I don’t know if women know it or not but it’s hard for man to keep focus with a lot of females dressing like they don’t have a mother.
I mean what’s up with these tight jeans an tops its not only unhealthy for women but what do females who wear these kind of clothing think they are achieving.

Think Clear BE Clear>>>>Always Analyze never Dismiss We all are here to learn>>>>> this earth is a BIG class Room
Poetic_Princess

I am nothing with out my soul

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 08:53:54 PM »

Blessings,

It can be a true statement to say yes women need to wear more appropiate clothing but no one woman is alike and some prefer to show off their bodies to receive the attention they get from both males and females,because that is a desire in them that they get filled by wearing tight clothing showing off every curve in their figure,But on the other hand they are other females who respect their temples and wear clothing to complement they figures.
But i must question why did one choose to use the Muslim religion and they way of dress they are the last people on mother earth who respect their women, the men in that religion tell those women to dress like that, how and what to eat, how to sleep, they dictate their women, And no man should dictate any woman on what she can and cant do because women are not a property they are a being.

Bless Up

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become reality.
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 06:02:25 PM »

The world is cruel and full of temptation it’s a fight for a man married or not to keep focus on the goals ahead. Sexual energy is important for anyone who wants to achieve goals in their life but there is so much distraction out there from females. I feel sorry for married man; they have a big problem with women who can’t keep their profile respective these days. I don’t know if women know it or not but it’s hard for man to keep focus with a lot of females dressing like they don’t have a mother.
I mean what’s up with these tight jeans an tops its not only unhealthy for women but what do females who wear these kind of clothing think they are achieving.

Although I agree that women should wear more respectful and modest clothing. But I question why a man can't control himself. The reason I ask this isn't to insult men, bust because I remember something I heard Dr. Ben say once. At one of his speaking engagements there was a traditional Ifa ceremony acompanied by traditional dancers(who had the traditional outfits on for the ceremony a lot of skin was showing, but). He got on the podium and asked the question..."If those women were naked you would have all ran out of here...I wouldn't have(audience laughter)...Because I have been trained to control my sexuality and only use it when appreciated. I've been to African ceremonies and villages where the women were completely or partially naked. Men, ask yourself why you look at the womens body as a sex object, yet in some African societies we can walk around each other barely clothed and no one thinks about it?"(audience men answered "Because We have been trained to.")

Forward to a united Africa!
zulu1

C:\Documents and Settings\Zwelit hini Simela\My Doc

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 04:30:58 AM »

I agree with u Oshun.

Yes indeed, for a long time inna Afrika our forefathers been wearing just enough clothes to cover the essentials ( I come from Zimbabwe and you might know what we used to wear there back in the day) and I dont think our forefathers ever got distracted by the sight of woman's flesh.

Brother Jemba, I think sometime we just become conditioned to look at women in a sexual way all the time (all dem magaine and advert and wet t-shirt contest). I find nothing wrong in looking at a woman and admiring her body, but when the thoughts starts distracting you from day to day activities man that there is covetousness. Check it.

Africa must be free by 1983!
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 09:54:07 AM »

Hotep Sister Auset and Brother zulu Two Thumbs

I also agree with you Sister

Man doesn’t have as much influence as women have in relationships or in everyday life. almost everything the man does (some man) is to gain attention or respect from females, if the women decided to set an example for their counterparts to follow, us man would have no problems doing so, but society and media knows this so they target the women and have turned her into a sexual object.
If females do not start respecting their body (not all) and stop using their feminine energy which is stronger then the masculine energy, as a tool of manipulation then the human race is doomed. After all where just a species like all over animals and we metabolisms function just like every creature where created by Mother Nature so its very confusing if most females are letting of frequencies or cents to attract males every day of the week and every second and some males will react as they are programmed to.

Oshun_Auset

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 12:00:08 PM »

Hotep Sister Auset and Brother zulu Two Thumbs

I also agree with you Sister

Man doesn’t have as much influence as women have in relationships or in everyday life.

For real? I could have sworn we suffer under gender oppression.

almost everything the man does (some man) is to gain attention or respect from females,[/quotes]

That's pitiful.

if the women decided to set an example for their counterparts to follow, us man would have no problems doing so, but society and media knows this so they target the women and have turned her into a sexual object.

So although we are both attacked by the society and media it is up to women to dress more modestly and not men to control themsleves? I thought it was up to both.

If females do not start respecting their body (not all) and stop using their feminine energy which is stronger then the masculine energy, as a tool of manipulation then the human race is doomed. After all where just a species like all over animals and we metabolisms function just like every creature where created by Mother Nature so its very confusing if most females are letting of frequencies or cents to attract males every day of the week and every second and some males will react as they are programmed to.

Because women suffer from gender oppression many feel the only power that they have is their sexuality. Not that that is a good excuse but it is a cause of such behavior...

As far as comparing us humans to animals... Our lower selves are animals, but those with a hgher consciousness should be able to rise above our animal natures. And coincidentally animals do not wear clothes.

IMO men and women have to do what we can to fight against this system so we both can be "trained" in mass to look at each other as more than mere objects. Men are often financial objects to women and women are often sexual objects to men. This means we aren't seeing each others humanity. We are looking at one another as a means to an end rather than an end in and of ourselves. We live in a de-humanizing society. It is up to both of us to humanize it. Pointing fingers at who's responsiblity we feel it is... men's or women's... leaves 4 fingers pointing back at ourselves. But gender oppression has a lot to do with all this IMO.

jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 12:46:58 PM »

Man and woman have a role to play as mammals on earth we where once very capable creatures even capable of creating fire, until souls came into Mongoloid or pigmy’s to give us a universal consciousnesses, and our ape bodies is still attached to natures cycle that’s why we sleep at knight and wake up when the sun is high, but our souls once was capable of taking us out of natures cycle because the sun commanded the earth to make us a bodies that is capable on feeding from light energies so we could be one with the sun like the earth is but when you fall your body looses its privileges and you no longer can command the earth as the sun does.
When a woman arouses a man his lets of pheromones and the female releases endocrine into her blood flows which makes her ovulate. This can only happen if the females arouses the male that’s why the moors or morocco kept their woman body parts covered not because of religion but science, our ancestors where all scientists. There is no blame from man to women or women to man, but the women is the one who is closest to nature and without her awakening the man will never play out his role on this earth.

Oshun_Auset

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 02:05:02 PM »

What you just said is not applicable to many a traditional African society/culture, as has already been pointed out in this thread. Why are you using the Islamicized Moors as an example, when there are plenty of traditional African cultures where the people are showing a lot of skin and no "arousal" takes place?

I wear extremely modest clothes because of the over sexed culture we live in in the West and Westernized/Islamicized areas of the world. If I could walk around with the sun on my breasts, and not be in fear of sexual aggression or being seen as indescent/loose, I would. To me this whole convo demonstrates the superior moral/social fiber of some of the most ancient indigenous cultures... and it is a possible sign of their lack of patriarchial domination. In many places this used to not be a factor. What you just posted is not applicable to those societies.  

I remember the N.O.I. told me once that I was not to wear  open toe shoes to the mosk because some men have foot fettishes...This was in Los Angeles California... I found that ridiculous... We see in some cultures women are barely let out of the house. What about developing self control? My friends and I are almost always in long traditional African clothes and that still doesn't prevent some men in society from treating me like a sex object, so what's their excuse? Are we causing that treatment by wearing shoes that show our toes? Where would it end?
Huh 2

jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 03:47:46 PM »

There was two types of moors the ones who came from Iraq who where black to settle in kemet and the ones who where colonized by Arabs from Persia and turkey. Islam was never a religion it only became a religion when it got into European hands.
Its true in some afrikan villages there is still females walking around without tops to cover their chests. The women has breast to feed her offspring and her face is not a sign of beauty neither is her rear end, but western culture it spreading all the way to indigenous life even,  its impossible to shut them out because everyone wants to be a part of development. Those society do not exist anymore every where you go you will find the Roman alphabet or religion or brands, they make sure to stamp their authority everywhere. Everywhere there a catholic priest there is paganism and their religion is every place you can think of on this earth from the afrikan deserts to the South Pole they have been. The only way black man can stop thinking about sex every 5 second (that’s what scientist say) is by being initiated into afrikan science or spirituality, that force we call sex is just an energy from our chakras that’s can be used for meditation
Or for creation, people don’t even know the energy exchanges that goes on whilst they are having an intercourse. You give and take and take energy during sexual intercourse and if the women or man you’re with has a very negative aura then you take their vibration and if you have a positive vibration you loose yours. But it’s not an every day thing or even week or month, we are only supposed to do this to create, two energies combining to make one but people are thought to misuse their potentials and waist the energy that protect them from psychic attacks and negative vibrations.  

If a man has foot fetish you should kick them in the face

Oshun_Auset

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 04:53:28 PM »

There was two types of moors the ones who came from Iraq who where black to settle in kemet and the ones who where colonized by Arabs from Persia and turkey. Islam was never a religion it only became a religion when it got into European hands.
Its true in some afrikan villages there is still females walking around without tops to cover their chests. The women has breast to feed her offspring and her face is not a sign of beauty neither is her rear end, but western culture it spreading all the way to indigenous life even,  its impossible to shut them out because everyone wants to be a part of development. Those society do not exist anymore every where you go you will find the Roman alphabet or religion or brands, they make sure to stamp their authority everywhere. Everywhere there a catholic priest there is paganism and their religion is every place you can think of on this earth from the afrikan deserts to the South Pole they have been. The only way black man can stop thinking about sex every 5 second (that’s what scientist say) is by being initiated into afrikan science or spirituality, that force we call sex is just an energy from our chakras that’s can be used for meditation
Or for creation, people don’t even know the energy exchanges that goes on whilst they are having an intercourse. You give and take and take energy during sexual intercourse and if the women or man you’re with has a very negative aura then you take their vibration and if you have a positive vibration you loose yours. But it’s not an every day thing or even week or month, we are only supposed to do this to create, two energies combining to make one but people are thought to misuse their potentials and waist the energy that protect them from psychic attacks and negative vibrations.  

If a man has foot fetish you should kick them in the face

I'm familiar with all of what you spoke... I dissagree that Westernization is inevetable, but that is another topic. You aren't adressing the last part of my post.

I know many women who are completely modest, yet they are still treated like sex objects(just not as often as the scantilly clad ones) So if we are covering up and still men can't turn the sex object thing off....then what?

jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 07:37:48 AM »

We are all initiated into western life every day with every thing we do or eat.
The only way a men can stop temptation is with discipline and meditation or initiation, once a men is on his way to the truth and spirituality they still have questions to answer to themselves and are irritated by negative vibrations, that’s why holy places or temples do not have man and woman within the same place giving thanks especially in the state man and woman are in. When a men has finally found the truth or has been initiated they are no longer attached to FAMILY CHILDREN WOMEN or everyday life they find their purpose or reason for he or she’s reincarnation. Initiation destroys the emotions and thought that have been put into our brains, we can’t stop thinking but we can learn to control our thoughts with meditation and what we put into ourselves.
The only way a man could stop acting like they do is if they undergo cleansing
And even after that temptation never stops coming at you, people are trained to destroy or bring down the same people who will help them or provide a way out of the Satanist illusion. I am not trying to disrespect women but most of them have inherited a program of destruction and the world ill never change until this program has been irradiated, a women cannot do what a man suppose to be doing and still call herself a woman the same thing can be said for us man.  

Oshun_Auset

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 08:14:29 AM »

I am not trying to disrespect women but most of them have inherited a program of destruction

I though men AND women inherited a program of destruction

and the world ill never change until this program has been irradiated,

I agree. And it is going to take BOTH of us...change in men AND women's thoughts and action to do this. Your initial post seemed to be hinging the change as the women responsibility alone. That is where I disagree with you. As my example shows. That does not work. It is out of balance.

jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 10:24:57 AM »

Yes but the man is not the one who calls forth new souls into this world. I wonder what kind of spirits the majority of women on earth are calling into their wombs with the mental state and way of lives they live.  

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: