Rasta TimesCHAT ROOMArticles/ArchiveRaceAndHistory RootsWomen Trinicenter
Africa Speaks.com Africa Speaks HomepageAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.comAfrica Speaks.com
InteractiveLeslie VibesAyanna RootsRas TyehimbaTriniView.comGeneral Forums
Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:10:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
25910 Posts in 9966 Topics by 982 Members Latest Member: - Ferguson Most online today: 124 (July 03, 2005, 06:25:30 PM)
+  Africa Speaks Reasoning Forum
|-+  SCIENCE, SOCIOLOGY, RELIGION
| |-+  Spirituality (Moderators: Tyehimba, leslie)
| | |-+  IS THERE A DEVIL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: IS THERE A DEVIL  (Read 35069 times)
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« on: April 26, 2005, 12:03:52 PM »

One question everyone has asked themselves since they where wee little children

Is there a being or an angel who has fallen?

Lucifer  

Satan

His excellence

What ever you wish to call him is he alive is he amongst us within our realm.

Think Clear BE Clear>>>>Always Analyze never Dismiss We all are here to learn>>>>> this earth is a BIG class Room
Jahmal

Roots

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 03:09:56 AM »

There is no devil.. no satan.. the evil is not someone.. the evil is in what we do.. people say that there is a hewen and hell, but is not true.. the different between the hall and hewen is that, that in the hell is no Jah..
Zion.i.bless

Roots

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 04:15:35 AM »

InI Trod Jah-Road WE ARE THE GODS. InI Trod Without Jah & WE ARE DEVILS.

everyting inna di universe is duality.
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 09:38:53 AM »

Hotep

Zion.i.bless, jahmal

If there is no devil then where did the story of the fallen angel come from in the bible? Who was Jesus confronted by whilst he was in the desert fasting also the bible?

And also if the devil did not exist that would mean the bible is completely bogus and it would mean that there are no angels because he was a fallen angel after all.

Think Clear BE Clear>>>>Always Analyze never Dismiss We all are here to learn>>>>> this earth is a BIG class Room
Oshun_Auset

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 03:01:38 PM »

Hotep

Zion.i.bless, jahmal

If there is no devil then where did the story of the fallen angel come from in the bible? Who was Jesus confronted by whilst he was in the desert fasting also the bible?

And also if the devil did not exist that would mean the bible is completely bogus and it would mean that there are no angels because he was a fallen angel after all.

So Jemba, are you a literalist X-tian too?

Forward to a united Africa!
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 03:30:52 PM »

Hotep sister

Oshun_auset

It’s a question if you or any one wishes to answer it?

I like the bible to bring an x-tian as you call them, to their senses you have to use the same tool that is disturbing them.

OlOrisa_Olokun

Orisa Priest in Training

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 11:24:51 AM »

this question is supposed be in the mainstream religion room, not here. there is no devil in indigenous afrikan traditions. the question and the answer are mute.

When we have the determination to restrain our lower desires, the door is opened for us to fulfill our highest aspirations.
preach

Roots

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 01:37:22 AM »

There is no devil in traditional afrikan traditions???

love
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 02:59:12 AM »

Hotep

In the bible it says that angels are eternal so if there is a devil and he is an angel

When things are restored as they where the devil who is supposed to be an angel

Will not be killed he will be dealt with but he will will still exist for ever because he is

Eternal unlike us.

Evil or negativity represents the devil saying there is no devil is like saying there is no

Bad or negative forces.

Where did the will to do negative things come from?

jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 04:40:47 AM »

Hotep

Nubians believe in invoking their ancestors the same as the Europeans believe in invoking their ancestors.

You keep your ancestors alive with chanting their names, that’s why Nubians name their children after members of the family.

Devil worshipers also have names which they call them selves after reading their bible or after initiation does this mean they also have ancestors on the other side.

If the devil does not exist why do people who worship or invoke his name and others who he commands change their names to names who are or where in the devils legion including some of our own ancestors.

Omar

Roots

Re:
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 12:18:47 AM »

I believe there is a cheif evil spirit that tempts human beings and influences us to commit evil.

In Islam we call him Iblis or Shaytan.

Others call him Satan, Satanel, or the Devil.

There are probably a thousand different names for this adversary or tempter all around the world, but most people acknowledge that that being is real.

In Islam, we don't believe the devil actually makes people commit evil acts or does evil himself, he merely TEMPTS people and influences them into doing wrong.

Often times through substance abuse.

Alcohol isn't called "spirits" for nothing!
OlOrisa_Olokun

Orisa Priest in Training

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 10:44:53 AM »

There is no devil in traditional afrikan traditions???

preach, sometimes you seem incredibly self absorbed. as if the only reality is your own. yes. Traditional Afrikan Traditions and Afrocentric people do not and should not buy into the concept of the Devil, which is the immature and underdeveloped attempt to describe imbalance and evil on Earth. We did fine without a concept of devil before meeting white people or arabs. We will continue to do fine.

When we have the determination to restrain our lower desires, the door is opened for us to fulfill our highest aspirations.
preach

Roots

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 12:57:55 AM »

Thank you beloved. Perhaps I am self absorbed. I don't know if this is good or bad.
I do know that for every action there is an opposite or equal reaction. Perhaps I should describe the opposite of god/balance as something other than devil/imbalance. Pardon me. As I am typing, I am thinking back to your post and wondering if by the devil you mean an actual physical entity with the stereotypical horns, or using the idea of the devil as a copout or alibi.

love
jemba

YENGE BANTU

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 11:14:17 AM »

Hotep brothers and sisters

Whose image is this world or realm in, this world suppose to mirror nature or the source of all things the most high, but if we take a look around us the world is out of balance and we are all going towards catastrophe all human beings are destroying them selves and nature.

Why would human beings do this if we know that the end of the world would be the end of our existence within this realm, people do not burn their own houses down without a reason that’s if they haven’t lost their minds or under influence.

MuddyRivers

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 10:41:08 PM »

There of course is an real devil.

African Traditional Religions acknowledge evil spirits at all levels. To say that they do not believe in the 'devil', per se, can only be an semantics argument.

They surely believe in evil spiritual forces that enter and take over humans.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: